Claimed:Personalities in the VHL

Tyler

20th.png

The Most Memorable People in VHL History

Where would this league be if there weren't any personalty in it? It would just be another of the many sim leagues made over the course of the end of the last decade that faltered out and ended up in the abyss somewhere. The thing that has set the VHL apart is a commitment from the admins and, in my opinion, the personalities of the users. Some are polite, some are rude and some are much funnier than others. Some names will go down in VHL legend far larger than any single player they created or any team they managed. This media spot is an ode to the biggest and best personalities in the leagues history, the good and the bad. 

Everyone knows, or should know, the story of Scott Anderson. His real name is Derek Leung and is known as the probably the leagues biggest enemy in its history. He was around for the majority of the first half of the VHL's existence and was known for his threats of hacking the league and shut down many of the VHL's competition by somehow being made an administrator and thus gaining control over the board, and then proceeding to shut it down. He was a nuisance in the side of the admins and he kept coming back under different nicknames. There was a time when, if you were a new member with no credible alibi, you were assumed to be Anderson and were likely under heavy scrutiny until you proved otherwise. In fact, current king of the VHL Jardy was assumed to be Anderson for some time, and I still kind of think he is on the low. I don't know if Anderson is actually in the VHL still or if he has gone on to bigger and better things with his life, but if he is here that's pretty cool to me. It's a typical story of redemption, because he has either grown up a considerable amount, or just no longer cares. Regardless, Scott Anderson is certainly one of the more intriguing characters of the VHL's early years.

In my early years in the VHL (joined in Season Six) one name that was always around was Cris Julien. Julien was a young man a few years older than I and had a horrible time with grammar. What he lacked in a grasp on the English language, he made up for in passion and was one of the  more passionate members of the VHL at the time. He was the General Manager of the Stockholm Rams (later the Riga Reign) and he was also the biggest soccer fan I've met on VHL. He was a strong supporter of Arsenal and would use Arsenal and French footballing legend Thierry Henry for every media spot and any Fan 590 he would write. I have no idea where he went, though I do recall him saying hello a few times over the later years. His player, named after himself, was, as far as I remember, pretty good. He was never in talks for an MVP but was always a solid player and it kind of mirrored the member. Although Julien was never the most well liked member or the most talked about, he was always there and was usually kind to anyone who had anything to say to him.

0.jpg

Last but not least we come to the legend himself, Robbie Zimmers. He apparently recently tried to make a comeback, but seeing as everyone else has grown up since his hay day in the VHL (circa 2008-2009), his antics have run dry. He told everyone he was rich, had a yacht, a mansion and would bring random models back to his house on a daily basis. No one really believed him than, although looking back on it, it's actually kind of funny he attempted those antics. He was also the General Manager of the Hamilton Canucks and later the New York Americans and was without a doubt the worst GM in league history. It was so bad in fact, that he had to tell everyone he was being bad on purpose, although I somehow doubt it. His Canucks and Americans teams were literally called The Shortbus because of its members and how poor the team performed. As a member of the later Shortbus teams, it was kind of funny I guess, but the bottom line is, Robbie is a personality the league needed to survive. I mean, every league needs enemies, right?

So here are three of the VHL's legendary personalities. There are obviously still a ton of memorable people in the league. Some who have been here since day one and some who joined in the last few months, however these three are people who have come and gone and the league is better off for their personalities. The league could not have survived without them I believe because they made the early years more exciting. It was far more fun to log on to the VHL every day and read whatever Julien had to say about Arsenal, or read what struggles had found millionaire Zimmers and of course, to guess which new player was the legendary Scott Anderson.  

Edited by Tyler

I'm talking to you in chat but figured I'd clear this up.

Scott Anderson is Derek Leung and he goes/went to Simon Fraser University. The creepy thing is that I probably passed by him somewhere on campus. He also recreated as Nina Sun I think once? He is Asian so I can confirm he isn't Jardy, because Asians don't work on farms.

I still talk to Julien off and on and he has entertained the possibility of joining again.

I'm talking to you in chat but figured I'd clear this up.

Scott Anderson is Derek Leung and he goes/went to Simon Fraser University. The creepy thing is that I probably passed by him somewhere on campus. He also recreated as Nina Sun I think once? He is Asian so I can confirm he isn't Jardy, because Asians don't work on farms.

I still talk to Julien off and on and he has entertained the possibility of joining again.

I consider rice patties a farm.

I wonder if Anderson is still at SFU. I could launch an inside investigation up in dis biotch.

I should email my old profs and tell them.

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

866 words. This was a really interesting read. The only one of the guys you mentioned Ive had the pleasure of meeting was the multi-millionare, and I must say that I'm glad he gave up after being on here for a couple weeks.

Grammar: 2/2

Didn't find anything, nice!

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good.

Overall: 6/6