Pietro Angellini - Post-Trade Interview

okifenoki

Shortly after the end of S72 on the evening of July 12th, 2020, Mississauga GM @ColeMrtz pulled the trigger on a trade to send Pietro Angellini to the San Diego Marlins for a first round pick in the upcoming VHLM Draft. After a developmental season in Mississauga, Pietro was blossoming into a solid two-way centerman with big play potential. With Mississauga looking to rebuild it was a smart move by @ColeMrtz to strike while the iron was hot.

Interviewer: "Big news, Pietro, and sudden! Did you know you were going to be traded?"

PA: "Actually, I was aware of the possibility. GM @ColeMrtz took the time to discuss it with me personally which I felt was very respectful of him. I had no idea if, when, or where I'd be going but I was open to the idea of a new destination."

Interviewer: "San Diego. A complete 180° from what you are used to being from the Northeast and spending the last season in chilly Mississauga. What do you think of your new spot?"

PA: "It's exciting. I have never been out West besides on the road for games. I haven't spent much time in the area so I am looking forward to calling San Diego home for a while. It's a Navy City, which is interesting, way down south bordering Mexico (what's up, Kings! @Motzaburger), and has tons of beaches, something I'm not used to seeing while I'm playing hockey."

Interviewer: "It is quite a change. Sounds like it could be a big opportunity for you. The Marlins were dead last in the standings in S72, does that concern you?"

PA: "Not at all. I see it as a challenge. SDM GM @InstantRockstar saw something in me worth spending a 1st Round Pick on and I intend on delivering to my best ability. Hockey is a streaky sport, sometimes streaks can go on for months, even seasons-long. I think the potential is there for the Marlins to surprise some people this year. I am glad to be a part of the team."

Interviewer: "Never one to back down from a challenge. Have you met any of your teammates yet?"

PA: "Absolutely. Got acquainted with the boys in the locker room almost immediately. Han Jae Kuk @Dtayl and I hit it off. Dude is from Korea, wild stuff, he took me to a Kim-Chi place the other night, blew my mind. Joakim @Bouncyelf is Norwegian, he said he'd be cooking me some Raspeballs, which sound like awesome potato balls so I am all about it. We're gonna need a tough training camp if we're going to be eating like this!"

Interviewer: "Fitting right in. San Diego is known for it's diverse culture and cuisine. You'll find a ton of new experiences here. Best of luck to you in S73, we're hoping you can help lift the Marlins out of the cellar!"

PA: "Thanks for the welcome, I'm going to do my best!"