Claimed:Season 39 1st Round Mock Draft

Kyle

Season 39 1st Round Mock Draft (1-5)

c56eb42fdda05d8b8f075ba3f64f906c.jpg

The yearly VHL draft is perhaps the most exciting point of the year for both prospects, VHL players and the organizations who are all involved. One good draft in the VHL could completely turn around an organizations fortunes moving forward. With Helsinki holding 4 1st round picks in an extremely deep Season 39 Draft, they could add the final pieces which would allow them to compete as soon as Season 40. But many other teams could end up with players that could in the future be franchise cornerstones, quantity doesn't always mean quality. This draft seems to have quite a bit of both, but as we know a lot of draftees often can turn into busts.

1st Overall ( :hel: from :que:) - Tyson Stokes

With his agent being a former Helsinki star in Anatoli Zhumbayev, it seems that Stokes is destined to become the 1st overall pick for the Titans. Ethan Osborne and Zhumbayev are extremely familar and it would be a good foundation to keep some Titan history running through the current generation. Stokes will be a bonafide #1 center and will be a great addition to this young Titans roster.

2nd Overall (:hel:) - Koji Yamazaki

To the surprise of nobody, it's obvious that GM Ethan Osborne has a soft spot for talented 1st generation VHL players. Yamazaki has proven thus far that he is a legitimate pick and will likely be a star in the VHL if he continues at his current pace. Koji will round out the Titans defense core and they still can pick up offensive talent in the later rounds.

3rd Overall (:col:) - James Faraday

Cologne will finally be able to pick up their first player with a big time agent since having Kameron Taylor on their squad. Faraday will add some flare and draw to the Express which is exactly what they need in their current rebuild. Mitch Higgins has extremely close ties with the league, and because of this Cologne as a destination for draftees and free agents will be much more desirable. Let's not forget that Faraday will also be one hell of a player and a star for the Express.

4th Overall (:cal:) - Jackson Miller

So far the most talented player in the draft, I believe that Jackson will fall out of the top 3 because his agent Alex Beketov has a habit of starting off strong but tailing off once his player is in the big time. That doesn't mean his players are slouches by any means, but in the top 3 you are looking for someone whose efforts will be consistent and be a leader in the locker room as well. Miller will be a first line player, but his risk of hitting his full potential is a little bit higher than those of Stokes and Faraday.

5th Overall (:hel: from :sea:) - Devin Sundberg

Adding another high profile forward into the mix, Greg Harbinson's new player will be a fantastic addition to the Titans forward core which after this draft should likely be set going forward. Sundberg will add the 1-2 punch that is vital in the VHL and as long as the Titans can provide some wingers around their 2 centers, they will be the favorites to come out of Europe season after season following Season 40. Sundberg has consistently been rising up the ranks and has the history of success that will allow him to be taken in the draft's top 5 picks.

Edited by Kyle

• Admin

I'm on the Yamazaki hype train too. If I were GM and selecting 1st overall I would probably take him.

Yeah but you're weird - you broke sacred VHL rules and picked Osborne over re-creates.

Content: 3/3 - I really liked this. This draft has some really nice pieces in it, Helsinki has some interesting choices.

Grammar: 2/2 - Nothing that gave me any trouble.

Appearance: 1/1 - Yup, good work.

Overall: 6/6

Claim: 6