Claimed:VHL Sign Up

June 10, 2014

I signed up for the VHL today.  Due to not having any hockey background they added me to a waiver claim and teams were allowed to give me a tryout.  I was not expecting a call for a while.  I figured I would be a last second panic button selection so I continued looking for a way to pay the bills.  After coming home from the liquor store, I noticed two messages on the phone, which is weird because I don’t know anybody.  I listened to both:

”Hi this is Barbara from Saint john’s…”

*delete*

“Hello Mr. Salvador, this is Jim Gow from the Ottawa Lynx of the VHL.  We saw your scouting tape and like the potential we see in you.  We would love to fly you out to us for a tryout.”

UF6LlPC.png

I never made a tape.  I don’t think anybody has ever seen me play.  My phone beeped, I had another call.  What the hell was going on today?

We will email you all the details for your trip.  We hope we can count on you to show up for the tryout!  Talk to you soon please call us back at….”

“Uhh… Yes, of course.  Thank you I appreciate it.”

I was talking to my machine and didn’t even realize it.  I was in shock and yet I knew where I was.  What the hell was going on.

*beep beep* another call *beep beep*

“Hello?”

“Hello Mr. Salvador, its been a long time.”

I know this voice, but where? 

“Who is this?”

”That hurts.  How could you forget the man who got you into the States after Operation Vault.”

Operation Vault, this voice, got me into the States… Oh, this guy… Now it all makes sense.

”Hello, Colonel Sanders, yes it has been a while.  May I ask the reason for this call?”

Colonel.jpg

”Just checking up on you.  Have you found a job?  I put in a few… favors… for you and your crew.  I hope they helped.  By the way, nice shooting in that rink you guys used.  You could get far if you keep up the work.”

*beep beep*

Another call?  No way.

“You will probably want to get that, it may be important.  I’ll let you go.”

*click*

“Uhh… Hello?”

”Hello Mr. Salvador.  This is Austin Gow GM of the Yukon Rush”

cWhMzcZ.png

“Wait, I thought you were the GM of the Lynx?”

”Damnit… no that guy is a relative.  I assume he called you for a tryout.  Well, at least that means I’m not crazy and someone else sees the potential you have.  How about you come out to Yukon and we can give you a tryout?  We’d love to have you here.”

“Uhh sure I’d love to.  Thank you so much!”

This is getting confusing.

Ok, we’ll send you details of your flight information and we look forward to seeing you in Yukon.  And don’t forget your passport!

And now I'm getting ready for a flight that may or may not change my life once again.  This may have been the craziest few days I have ever experienced.  I need a drink.man-alcohol-bottle-6266725.jpg

Edited by BL2GG

Content: 3/3 - An interesting read. It was somewhat suspenseful and almost a bit worrisome. I think Salvador was starting to make me nervous. 

Grammar: 2/2 - I didn't notice much, but why are there two spaces after every sentence? You just need one. 

Appearance: 1/1 - I do appreciate the change of type styling for talking/thinking, although it might be better to have a 3rd option, rather than using italics for other people and Salvador's thoughts. The last image is a bit distracting due to the watermark stuff. I won't dock you - this time.  :) 

Overall: 6/6

Claim 6