New Members That Have Caught my Eye

diacope 2

After the huge success of the recent recruitment drive, we’ve seen an unprecedented influx of new members on the forums. This was a welcome sign for the S75 draft class in particular, which was looking very sus due to the lack of recruitment. I thought that I would spotlight a few of these new members, both for new user engagement and the fact that I couldn’t think of anything else to write about. 

A little note, this is by no means a comprehensive list of first gens that recently created, not even close. If it was we’d be here all day. This is more of a showcase for some of the users that I thought of while I was scrambling to get this week’s tasks done.

@RedSus

RedSus is a member who joined on October 2nd and created a player named Cabe McJake. They signed with the Marauders and started earning a great amount of TPE right out of the gate with a total of 10. It didn’t take long for RedSus to muster up the energy to write a media spot, and they have max earned ever since while also getting every uncapped opportunity they could find. McJake has seen a decent amount of playing time with Miami and this shows on their statline. They currently have 22 points in 31 games and ranks 17th in the S75 class for TPE.

@tcookie25

Joining on September 28th, I believe this is the only member on the list that did not join due to the recruitment drive. tcookie25 was an extremely promising new member straight out of the gate, joining Miami and writing their Junior Review a day or so after they joined. They also max earned their first week, and every week since, which is almost unheard of for a first gen. tcookie25 is very active on the forums, with a content count of 28 and reputation of 35, respectively. Their player is Addison McLaren, who currently has 23 points in 37 games and ranks 19th in the S75 class. 

@Gaikoku-hito

This user caught my attention because of their unusual profile picture. After joining on October 4th, they made a player named Robert Bouchard and signed with the Minnesota Storm. Out of the first gens I mentioned so far, they had the slowest start with their TPE earning, only managing 6 in their first week, likely due to the fact that the week ended the day they joined.. However, like McLaren and McJake, Bouchard has been max earning since their second week in the league. Robert Bouchard currently has 21 points in 24 games and ranks 30th in the S75 class.

@fromtheinside

fromtheinside was one of my first recruits in Saskatoon from the recruitment drive, and they have been making a name for themselves. fromtheinside created at the end of their first week, which made it so he could only earn 6 TPE. Like everyone else on the list however, they have max earned since their second week in the league. fromtheinside’s player is called Scotty Kaberle, and currently has 19 points in 30 games and ranks 25th in the S75 class.

Thanks for the shoutout Ferk! Honestly man, I owe alot of my strong start to you dude. You were really helpful and welcoming to me when I was trying to figure everything out at the start. Thanks so much. Also I gotta say, Miami really did well scooping up some top tier waiver guys.  McJake, McLaren and more recently Vivek Weiner have all looked to be  absolute studs. 

@RedSus: Thanks for the kind words. I am always looking at other players around my players ability and Cabe is pushing Robert at the moment.

@a-Ferk: Always nice to be shouted out. Thank you!!