VHLM Playoff MVP Watch

fyrefly

I don't know if there is a playoff MVP, but I'm sure there is, so here's my top choices

This is based on A. How good the player is, and scoring is obviously a big part since those guys are in the spotlight and B. How far I think the team will go. 

Michael Hall, LW for the Halifax 21st

The high-scoring winger on a high-scoring team was put into the perfect position for success with a trade last offseason. He put up 53 goals and 106 points in 72 games, and the 21st are my projected champions. Hall is my favored candidate for the trophy

Gary Rush, RW for the Las Vegas Aces

Rush actually scored many more points than Hall, scoring 59 goals and 124 points. Rush and the Aces aren't as good as the 21st, but will probably make it to the finals, therefore playing close to the same amount of games. Rush will also probably score more than Hall will

Taro Tsujimoto, C for the Mississauga Hounds

The dynamic center for the Hounds, Tsujimoto has been criminally underrated this season. He has scored 50 goals and 119 points on a Hounds team where he hasn't had a lot of elite offensive help. If the Hounds manage to get past the 21st, watch for Tsujimoto to be a force to be reckoned with in the finals. 

Honorable mentions:

Riley Couture, C for the Halifax 21st. 36 goals, 90 points. 

Brian Strong Jr, C for the Saskatoon Wild. 62 goals, 124 points

Lucifer Olivier Leveque, D for the Yukon Rush. 23 goals, 

Chris Reynolds, LW for the Las Vegas Aces. 50 goals, 118 points.

My choice for the award, of the three finalists I bolded at the top, is Michael Hall of the Halifax 21st. This is an interesting choice, since Hall is the one of the three that will score the least points. However, he is the leading scorer on his team, the dominant 21st, who have whipped up the competition. They will be the juggernaut, the Goliath in this postseason. I think there are only two teams that have a chance of knocking them off the top, the only two teams that were close to them in the regular season. The top Western team, the Aces, and the second place team in the East, the Hounds. These are the only two teams that have any chance at all to upset the 21st.

406 words

10 hours ago, rory said:

Markus Emerson Jr. GOAT goalie for the Mexico City Kings

Well, the Kings will be up against the Aces, and the Aces got 37 more points than the Kings did in the regular season. So I’m picking the Aces to go farther 

If Emerson was on the 21st, he would get the award.

5 hours ago, fyrefly said:

Well, the Kings will be up against the Aces, and the Aces got 37 more points than the Kings did in the regular season. So I’m picking the Aces to go farther 

If Emerson was on the 21st, he would get the award.

Ohhh it's a comedy post, got it