SITR: Rhynex Entertainment Interview

SITR: Rhynex Entertainment Interview

Host: Thanks for tuning into VHL Network, Stick In The Rink! Today we have a special guest! Coming live in Las Vegas, Nevada, we have VHLM star forward, Rhynex Entertainment @Rhynex Entertainment Rhynex Entertainment is the star Center of our very own Las Vegas Aces! Please welcome Rhynex Entertainment! (camera focuses on the audience showing a standing ovation, round of applause, and cheering. Rhynex Entertainment walks out from the backstage)

Welcome Rhynex! Thanks for finding time to come in today!

Rhynex Entertainment: Thank you for having me! First time having a featured interview, kind of nervous. (laughter could be heard from the audience)

Host: First of all, congratulations on the Aces' making the playoffs as the Top seat of the Western Conference of the VHLM! I know you must be very busy preparing for the playoffs this week against the Mexico City Kings, so let's get started.

Rhynex Entertainment:  Much thanks!

Host: Let's begin with how you feel about the VHL S74 draft, and being selected by the New York Americans. What are your thoughts on being selected by New York?

Rhynex Entertainment: I'm ecstatic by being drafted by New York. While I had my focus on my season with Las Vegas Aces, and I haven't been following closely with my parent team, the New York Americans looks like they are in the midst of a rebuild. But I feel like the future is promising! On defense, we have two studs in Michael Gary Scott @Motzaburger and Hugh Jass @TheFlash. With Michael and Hugh, I feel we can focus on forwards and goaltending. That's where I come in. I've played against Bacon @Bacon last season in the VHLM, so I know how good he is. I'll need to step up my game for next season when I look to join in the fun! And to makes things even better, I have this season's VHLM points and goals leader joining me in Brian Strong Jr. @Wheaties. It's going to be exciting times in New York! But don't get me too excited. My focus is winning the VHLM Championship with my Las Vegas Aces this season. We can talk about VHL next year. (Loud cheering from the audience with the mention of winning the VHLM championship for Las Vegas)

Host: Awesome stuff! You had an amazing season with the Las Vegas Aces this year, easily smashing your personal bests and leading the league in the assists department. Tell us about your season and how your teamwork with Gary Rush @G_Rush and Chris Reynolds @Crstats23. What made your line such a formidable time to play against? How were you so successful this season?

Rhynex Entertainment: Gary and Chris are two of the best players I've played with so far in hockey. I had great chemistry playing with Chris last season as a rookie along with Kasey Tamm @kesytamm. But this season is different. Both Kasey and Chris are Left Wings. This season, we have Gary playing on our Right Wing. When we have everyone playing in their correct positions, it does makes things more simple. Chemistry was easily built between the three of us, it was practically instant! And we just rolled with it and look where we are! Chris and Gary both sit in top 5 in scoring and points! They make things very easy for me. Two terrific goal scorers, both with at least 50 goals! All I needed to do is pass the puck to one of their sticks and it's in the back of the opposing net. Easy apples! Hopefully, we can carry forward this momentum into the playoffs where defense will tighten up.

Host: Good stuff. I'm sure you'll do us proud! I've heard around and was told that you have the nickname, the Entertainer. How did you come about with that nickname?

Rhynex Entertainment: Well I'm not sure actually. I guess it's probably something to do with my last name being Entertainment and I guess I entertain people with my performance? (laughter could be heard from the audience)

Host: Ha ha ha! Well you sure do put up great performances out there on the ice! Let’s talk about your performance at the Junior World Championships this season with Team Canada! How was the experience playing for Canada? You came up short of a medal in the tournament, what did you take from the battle of the nations?

Rhynex Entertainment: Yes, it was a good experience playing for Team Canada at the Junior World Championships. Being able to represent your country is always a wonderful feeling! While we did fell short in the Bronze Medal game against USA, I didn't leave with nothing. Being voted as a tournament all-star feels great but what I got out of playing for Canada was a start up with my goal scoring. I entered the tournament with barely cracking 20 goals and scored that mighty 6 goals in my first game wearing the Red, White and Maple Leaf. What a confidence booster that was! Now I finished my VHLM season with 43 goals! I couldn't even crack 19 last season! It was an excellent experience! You don't get to play for your home country every day. When the chance arrives, you just need to go out there and enjoy it. Hopefully I'll get a second chance to play and bring back a medal!

Host: With the playoffs against Mexico City Kings this week, what are your playoffs ritual? How are your preparations coming? You mentioned your focus is on winning the VHLM Championships, who do you think will likely be your most devastating obstacle this playoffs?

Rhynex Entertainment: The playoffs are a whole new beast. Anyone who makes it into the playoffs have a chance to win the Championship trophy. If a goaltender gets hot, they can steal the tournament. If players suddenly get hot, the same thing can happen as well! I don't really have any playoffs rituals, I guess I shave? I had a great season, but we're a hungry bunch. We are not done. We are not satisfy with just being the top seat of the Western Conference. We played the season to seat on top for home ice advantage, so we can play for the Championship Trophy and bring Las Vegas fans playoff hockey games! (cheers starting to pick up from the audience) We will not stop until we have won it all!

Host: It's good to hear the confidence in your voice! We are out of time. Any last words to the fans out there?

Rhynex Entertainment: Thank you for coming out to cheer for the Aces! We are going to put everything out there! Let this year be the year we bring home a Championship! (loud cheers and a standing ovation)

Host: There we have it! Rhynex Entertainment, everyone! Good luck in the VHLM Playoffs! We will see you next time!

(Total word count: 1,149)

(Claim for weeks ending Oct 25 and Nov 1st)