Filling the Off-Topic Discussion Forum with Off-Topic Discussions. Movies!

thadthrasher

Throughout the years man has developed the taste for a variety of things. The first great discovery was music. The cavemen noticed as they clubbed each other in the heads that a deep bass-like sound occurred. They then started slapping each other for a nice treble sound. Next thing we knew we had advanced beyond head clubbing and face slaps to an intricate combination of sounds created by air and complex percussion. 

A second great discovery was things of the fermented nature. Mead, beer, spirits. All of which are good and warmed the soul. Hunters would return home from an exhausting excursion, carrying the weight of the day's hunt on their backs. After unloading the catch of the day they would sit by the hearth, warming themselves with not only the crackling fire, but also the soothing taste of the mead that the women worked hard to make.

A third great discovery was the capturing of motion onto film. Now, we are into the world of movies. What is your current favorite movie? Attach a trailer!

Recently I have found myself re-watching one of my absolute favorite movies, The Godfather

Edited by thadthrasher

• thadthrasher changed the title to Filling the Off-Topic Discussion Forum with Off-Topic Discussions. Movies!

Favorite of mine has to be Forrest Gump. For something recent and somewhat relevant to spoopy Halloween times, Jordan Peele's Us was surprisingly good though (in my opinion).

Just now, GustavMattias said:

Favorite of mine has to be Forrest Gump. For something recent and somewhat relevant to spoopy Halloween times, Jordan Peele's Us was surprisingly good though (in my opinion).

Forrest Gump will always be a classic! And I haven't seen Us yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I really enjoyed watching the second IT that came out last year. Also, A Quiet Place because it has one of my old employees in it, Jim Halpert (though he now goes by his stage name John Krasinski).

Just now, thadthrasher said:

Forrest Gump will always be a classic! And I haven't seen Us yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I really enjoyed watching the second IT that came out last year. Also, A Quiet Place because it has one of my old employees in it, Jim Halpert (though he now goes by his stage name John Krasinski).

I watched the first IT and just thought it was ok. Didn't really stack up to the book but I guess I've never seen the second one.

Just now, GustavMattias said:

I watched the first IT and just thought it was ok. Didn't really stack up to the book but I guess I've never seen the second one.

No movie can ever match the books that inspire them. I think you have to try and separate the two. I will say that watching the Harry Potter movies and then reading the books helped me to keep everyone and everything in line. I'm awful at names, especially odd ones. That's why I struggle so hard reading LoTR.

Too many great movies to choose an absolute favorite. But I can name a few that are on top of my tongue.

No Country for Old Men

Inglorious Basterds (Christopher Waltz is a superb actor)

The Good, The Bad and The Weird (check it out!)

7 minutes ago, Ahma said:

Too many great movies to choose an absolute favorite. But I can name a few that are on top of my tongue.

No Country for Old Men

Inglorious Basterds (Christopher Waltz is a superb actor)

The Good, The Bad and The Weird (check it out!)

I'm with you on No Country for Old Men and Inglorious Bastards, but I haven't heard of The Good, The Bad and the Weird! Thanks for the suggestion.

19 hours ago, Jayrad28 said:

Tough to say, I can’t really pick a single movie, I’m a huge fan of the Indiana Jones series, as well as almost any horror movie.

rip Sean Connery ?