Sheldon Juniper joins the Aces

fyrefly

In the dead of night, on December 8th, 2020, a trade was announced between the Las Vegas Aces and the Yukon Rush. It marked the path that both teams were going to take that season; the Aces, a deep playoff run and perhaps a Founder's Cup, and the Rush, a stockpiling of draft picks and prospects. This was made official when the Rush shipped off Juniper, now a VHLM-maxed winger, to the Aces in exchange for Nathan Askarov and a second round pick in the upcoming dispersal draft. After the trade, we caught up to an exhilarated Juniper.

Reporter: Well, Sheldon, the news is out. You are now a member of the Las Vegas Aces. What's going through your head right now?

Sheldon Juniper: Mostly just "Oh my god, I just got traded". @fromtheinside, our AGM in Yukon, sent me an email to let me know in advance, which I really appreciated. @MexicanCow123 and him have been so good to me, so if you guys are watching this, thank you. It's been a pleasure to be on the Rush, and I hope you guys are successful next season.

Reporter: The team you are joining, the Aces, are clearly in a win-now mode, and you were obviously acquired to help the team win. How do you feel about that?

SJ: I'm honored that someone would think so highly of me to trade picks for me, and I'm looking for my second championship now with the Aces. It's cool to be thinking about going for the cup again. I haven't been playing at my best in Yukon, and I've had quite a few scoring slumps. It did feel good to get a hat trick a couple games ago, but I think a change in scenery might be for the better. 

Reporter: Another product of this trade has been you being reunited with your friend, Swedish defenceman Linus Zetterstrom @Ledge_and_Dairy. What's it like playing professional hockey with one of your best friends?

SJ: Yeah, it's cool to be with Linus. He's a good guy, and it's cool that we might win a cup together. We obviously haven't seen much of each other recently, with him being in Vegas and me being in Yukon, and it being in the middle of the season, so it'll be fun to be on a team with him for this playoffs before he goes to Riga and I go to Vancouver next year.

Reporter: The Aces also recently received Dan Dan and Jordan Tate, two very good forwards from the Mississauga Hounds, to even further bolster their offensive depth. How do you like your odds in the playoffs?

SJ: To quote the Mandalorian, "I like those odds". I love that show by the way. Anyway, I really do like our odds. Dan Dan and Jordan Tate are huge additions, and I think we have what it takes to win the cup. I know the Reapers and the Kings are both really good, but I think if we get a little luck we can pull it off

508 words

Review: Looks like the trade worked out well for all. I like the interview format, and the bold words makes it pretty easy to read. Good spacing, nice little intro at the top, this is a decent article. The only thing I would say to do different next time is don't make it end so abruptly.

9/10