Will this be the last?

InstantRockstar

The San Diego Marlins have existed in the league for 10 seasons officially, and they have only ever had one GM...me. In the last 10 seasons I feel as though while I have not lived the dream of winning a cup, I've built a franchise that has always held respect, loyalty, fun and dedication to the highest regard and really taken the competitive mentality to heart. I would love to believe that doing this forever would be amazing, but the ultimate goal as many know, is the progress to one day becoming a VHL GM, and as a wise man made of blue once told me "your tenure in the VHLM is basically worth nothing when selecting for a VHL GM spot", their words, not mine lol. 

So what does the future have in store for me? Well... I don't know yet. The cup has been looming over my head for all 10 seasons, so many opportunities to succeed with so many superior squads it really hurts to say I don't have one, that being said would a cup suffice my love and passion for GMing enough that I'd be willing to give it up completely in a hope and pipe dream that one day I am selected as a VHL GM? Who knows, all I know is that I take this rollercoaster ride one season at a time and I enjoy every single season in the moment. 

Guess we'll have to see how the rest of this season plays out and what the future has in store both for me, and the league in general. Stay classy San Diego ;)

@InstantRockstar You have done a great job with the Marlins franchise.  And you have a great opportunity this season of hoisting the cup.  Ostensibly 2nd or 3rd overall, a capped goalie in Olson and Red Lite and Yakolevsky.  The tools are all there. Good Luck!!

Just now, Eynhallow said:

@InstantRockstar You have done a great job with the Marlins franchise.  And you have a great opportunity this season of hoisting the cup.  Ostensibly 2nd or 3rd overall, a capped goalie in Olson and Red Lite and Yakolevsky.  The tools are all there. Good Luck!!

thank you very much for the kind words, that is the goal! We've had an amazing team this whole year that I am beyond proud of. 

I know my words hold very small weight if any at all, but you were a very good GM during my reign as one of the supreme leaders and was constantly a name we mentioned when moving onto the big leagues. You constantly had a great locker room, we always helpful with your members and even very great with AGM’s and always were accountable (mostly) for abiding by the ideology of the VHLM despite everyone having that urge to win.

For me, that’s a rough look for the blue member to say something like that. I think it’s a little bit silly. For me, while it’s not 100% of what they should be looking at, a VHLM GM that has done very well should have some form of an advantage - especially when their tenure has come with success, consistency and longevity over some new member or member that has done less in the league but is buddies or something with the commissioner. Not saying it’s the case of being pals, but an example. Could be whatever they choose it to be.

You've done a great job with San Diego. I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t be in consideration for a GM gig honestly but that’s just me. Lot more active people talking to that blue in general I suppose lol

Edited by Banackock

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

I know my words hold very small weight if any at all, but you were a very good GM during my reign as one of the supreme leaders and was constantly a name we mentioned when moving onto the big leagues. You constantly had a great locker room, we always helpful with your members and even very great with AGM’s and always were accountable (mostly) for abiding by the ideology of the VHLM despite everyone having that urge to win.

For me, that’s a rough look for the blue member to say something like that. I think it’s a little bit silly. For me, while it’s not 100% of what they should be looking at, a VHLM GM that has done very well should have some form of an advantage - especially when their tenure has come with success, consistency and longevity over some new member or member that has done less in the league but is buddies or something with the commissioner. Not saying it’s the case of being pals, but an example. Could be whatever they choose it to be.

You've done a great job with San Diego. I don’t see why you wouldn’t be in consideration for a GM gig honestly but that’s just me. Lot more active people talking to that blue in general I suppose lol

I know my attitude was always called into question so I have done my absolute best to change for the better, being more positive, starting less drama, and being a part of less drama too. I appreciate the kind words Bana, hopefully my new actions and findings of being more mature can really show people I am ready for the promotion when the time presents itself :)

13 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

Always was a pleasure playing in SDM with both Greg Eagles and the short time with Tom. One of my favorite VHLM teams to play for and that was because of your dedication to the team and making every moment fun!

thank you for the kind words, thats all I ever want of our team, to be welcoming, homey and most importantly a fun and safe place for everyone that crosses through the locker room. It was a pleasure to have both of your players on the team at one point in time :)