Thank you to everyone who makes this league fun

Gooningitup

Being a GM, a commish, and admin, a simmer. Really outside of being a generic member is a thankless job. I myself have not always agreed with every choice made. I'm far from perfect myself though i can admit it and also realize that not every choice made will please everyone. 

In light of a human error we saw crying on a level, that i admit got my blood boiling. The blue team, and our simmers do this for 0 pay, giving up real world hours they could be doing other things. Instead they give up free time to make this league a fun experience for us. Attacking them for things like a human error, and a sim engine they did not design is just downright sad. I admit i may have cross a line against those who complained and for that i apologize, but i don't handle that type of disrespect well. 

However enough talking about the inspiration for this article and let's get to thanking them. For all the hours, the thankless tough choices you guys have made. For building an environment trying to be inclusive for everyone from every walk of life. Its far from perfect, there are fights, often for silly reasons. We have internet trolls, who make your lives hard. However, since joining over 6 years ago now it has been almost like a home. Many members have given years here. 

All the years here would not be possible, if not for our disipline team who has kicked out the worst of the worst. For our recruitment team, who helped this league come back from the brink. For the blue team, who ensure the forum is paid for, the site is running as smooth as possible, and making sure the league has a plan. Thank you to the GMs, who have to work a tough act sometimes balancing team needs, and members egos. Thank you to our updaters, who have to go through hundreds of updates at a time. Thank you to our simmers, who spend hours uploading lines, making sure the results are posted and done in a timely manor. Thank you to the members who make this place an enjoyable time. 

All of you are the reason many of us come back, every single day. Some of us for many years. As this league has been around what feels like forever in my life now. I'm not shy to admit it, despite my life being much busier as i am older, its everyone who puts in hard work as to why i still come back.  Its why many of is keep coming back and i want you all to know that. 

Keep up all your hard work, and i am looking forward to another exciting year. Lets continue to make the VHL a fun place for every hockey lover, no matter their walk if life. Congratulations to those continuing in their quest for VHL glory. Sorry for the eye sore of a read full of I'm sure lots of grammar errors.

Claiming for my doubles week from holiday celebration. 

Review

To be completely honest I did not see any of the drama that seemed to have happened regarding the sim lately, but it's always good to see someone find nice for all the people in this community that are actively working to try and make this a better place for everyone!

Rating: 9/10

Review- not bad well written and structured very easy to read. I think the article could of had better timing as for why it was written and what happened but the VHL is a welcoming place and I appreciate the blues and rest of staff and members for there hardwork. 

7/10