Draft list #2 for Prague Phantoms

KnightRiley

Making this draft list two in the morning because I didn't realize the draft was tomorrow/today, Prague has two picks in the first round, two in the second round, and the last one in the third round for a total of five. Same as the last draft I'll pick who I think Prague should draft at there picks and where they stand in the draft list by tpe, how they've grown so far in the league and the benefits they could give to Prague so lets get into at.

#2 - Battre Sandstrom - Tpe 338 - Saskatoon Wild 

image.thumb.png.b023a2918474494063bdfd93d38766ed.png

Battre Sandstrom is a 6'8" 250 pound defenseman coming from Sweden, Battre is a strong offensively puck handling defenseman, he likes to have control of the puck to make plays on the ice while also having a shoot first mentality that shows on the scoresheet from the two seasons he has played in the VHLM. While being an offensive-defenseman Sandstrom is not a liability in his own end, next to his shooting his defensive abilities are at the top of his game along with offensive. The main weakness in this young defender is that he doesn't  use his body more then he has to, with being 6'8" he is taller then most competition that he faces, he could easily crush the opposition if the need arises but doesn't take the opportunity to use his height and weight to his advantage. With a score/shoot first mentality we don't see Sandstrom pass to often, takes control of the play by himself which leads to turnover in both ends of the ice. Overall for strength he will come out the gates with force and I see this young defender becoming s offensive monster with the defensive play to back it up, defensively these are weakness that can always be taught to use to his advantage as he grows into the superstar he will eventually be.

Season 75 saw him drafted to the Saskatoon Wild where the young defender was a point per game and led scoring amongst defenseman with 34 goals with 18 of those goals coming from the power play with 5 game winning goals, with an additional 43 assists for 75 points and came in 6th in points out of defenseman just two points behind teammate Silas LeFriend. Defensively he blocked 96 shots and had 116 hits during the season showing he is no slouch when it comes to playing defensively although he could use his big frame more. Overall he looks to be Elite offensive defenseman that is looking to move up into big league strong out of the gate. On a side note in regards to the first/second draft pick it seems to be a consensus that Red Lite will be the first overall pick, with Sandstrom going second and Prague Can't wait to draft this kid into the organization. 

#15 - Philip Stein - Tpe 203 - The Ottawa Lynx

image.thumb.png.e89fa578e026dd527ef57f9d04ac9257.png

Around the 15th pick mark there is a plethora of left wingers and I have decided to go with Philip Stein. The 21 year old American stand at 6'2" weighing 250 pounds. Stein is a speedy playmaker forward that scored 50 points throughout the season with the Ottawa Lynx, 20 goals and 30 assist with a +/-53. Stein played on a bad Lynx team that came last in the VHLM and was second in points amongst the team just four points behind teammate Aivars Kiris. Stein signed early into the season with the Ottawa Lynx  that ended the season 13-57. Philip looked like a gem amongst the rough and as the season went on he continued to develop his game into what we've seen at the end of the season. Prague would be glad to draft the winger as he'll probably down in the minors for another year to continue his growth, with his skills and the rate he is growing he should be drafted around the top ten players in the VHLM draft where hopefully he'll get a strong team to play with where he'll be able to show off his playmaking skills with partners that have the right skillset to match his play. Whenever and whoever drafts this young star will be glad to move him up into there ranks. @IHateBobNutting is a first gen guy whos been maxing out his tpe gain other then the odd week, making graphics, VHL.coms, press conferences, and just started doing a podcast on his last update. He's a max earner who I'm sure most VHL gm's have there eyes on and that Prague would be glad to welcome amongst there midst. 

#20 - Henry Tucker - Tpe 186 - Minnesota Storm

image.thumb.png.5a99bb3d5ce5c61e5523ecc3eb145350.png

For the 20th pick of the draft Prague Phantoms select Henry Tucker. 6'3" American born right winger signed with the Miami Marauders as a depth piece with onyl 13 games left in the 74th season, only getting 1 point within those games. Tucker played all 18 games in the playoffs but didn't get a point. with limited time on ice he got 3 shots and 9 hits he and Miami won the Founders cup for season 74. His first season was slow as the young rookie played on bottom line with limited minutes. Season 75 Henry was drafted 73rd overall to the Minnesota Storm where Henry had massive growth over the off-season to his game. In 72 games he got 43 points, 12 goals and 31 assists. With a +/ -30 he was in the penalty box the same amount of minutes games he played 72 minutes, most likely coming from the fact he had 200 hits on the dot using his bigger frame to his advantage and is most likely where all the penalties came from. With the amount he grew in the off-season from s74-s75 we'll most likely see the winger develop his game even more into a power forward he already is. Offensively he has a huge presence on the ice not being scared to play the puck and throw his body around, defensively is where his games clearly lacks along with his discipline so he can help out in his own end and stay out of the penalty box. As he continues to grow his game and improve on his defense Tucker will be a force to be reckoned with when he gets into the VHL and Prague would be glad to have this juggernaut on there offence. @NotSoGood88 Is also a first gen guy whos tpe gain is on the higher end but not maxing, claiming welfare alongside Media spots and affiliate, the media spots are a fun read and as he continues to update and grow his player he'll be a star piece to whoever drafts him in the VHL.

#25 - Loic Trepanier - Tpe 141 - Halifax 21st

image.thumb.png.e1735dcd4a36b6f80cf1d9a1c1d67e22.png

With the 25th pick of the draft Prague Phantoms select goalie Loic trepanier. The 6'0" 175 pound 18 year old from Canada signed with the Halifax 21st where he only played 7 games out of the season, 3 wins and 4 losses. He had a .874  save percentage and a 3.29 goals against which isn't the greatest but the young player played limited games where Halifax just missed out on play offs by a single point so they played there starter most of the games. There's not much to say about the young goaltender, he's scouted to go 28th in the VHLM dispersal draft but may get drafted earlier or later depending on if a team wants the young goaltender and hopefully he'll get drafted by a team where he can play majority of the games and continue to grow his own game out.

Prague does have one more pick at 36 but at this point maybe even earlier GMs are drafting for the diamond in the rough, I'm sure @diamond_ace  has his own plans for the upcoming draft along with the help of @domg5. It wouldn't be a surprise to see d_a trade some picks for a later draft or for a other rookie prospect or player from a team. 

1346 words  Will claim 01/24 and 01/31 if able

Review:

A good article about the draft targets of Prague, or at least some indication of the routes that Prague could take with their picks, not sure I dig the purple text, it could have been used as more of an accent rather than the main body of the text but I guess some others might like it. I so think that each of the player paragraphs could easily use a line break in the middle and split the block of text in half to make it easier on the eyes. The other gripe I  have is that some pictures of the players would be nice, using the members sig if they have one is a good shortcut to do this.

7.5/10

• 2 weeks later...