An Interview With Javad Kamkar

Parriyah9374

maxresdefault.jpg

Elvis Jackson: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to All News: The Minor League. I'm your host Elvis Jackson and today I'm joined by the Houston Bulls Defenseman. Javad Kamkar! Javad, welcome to the show.

Javad Kamkar: Thank you for having me Elvis. I've always been a big fan of your show and have wanted to be on it for so long. Now that it's actually happening, I'm kind of freaking out.

Elvis Jackson: There's nothing to freak out over my friend! We're here for a good time together. So, for those who might not know you too well, would you like to tell them a bit about yourself?

Javad Kamkar: Of course. *Clears Throat* My name is Javad Kamkar, I'm a Defenseman for the Houston Bulls and Previously played for the Halifax 21st. I was born and raised in Iran, which is where I first took interest in Hockey.

Elvis Jackson: It's always nice to see more people from the international circuit be promoted into the minor league of the VHL. If I'm not mistaken, you're the first ever Iranian to come to the VHLM. Do you feel like that puts any pressure on you? 

Javad Kamkar: Well, it's a rollercoaster ride for sure. Being the only player from a certain country feels unique, but at the same time it feels like you have the responsibility of representing that country, which when you're alone feels like a big amount of pressure. But, I'm very confident in myself that I can handle that pressure and I will do my best to not disappoint my fellow Iranians.

Elvis Jackson: I get where you're coming from Javad. So far you and the Houston Bulls are 11-1, going on an eleven game winning streak. It seems like you and your teammates are meshing extremely well, you've gotten 12 assists and 4 goals in only 12 games which is a major improvement compared to your rookie season with the Halifax 21st. How do you feel about this amazing performance you've showcased so far?

Javad Kamkar: Well, first off all my teammates deserve a majority of the credit for my points. Those 12 assists wouldn't be there if my teammates weren't amazing scorers. As for the 4 goals the credit for that also has to go to my teammates. All of the forwards on the team have been giving me plenty of advice on proper scoring technique. I'm not someone who considers myself a scorer, I'm much better and playmaking and feeding the snipers after getting the puck on defense, but with all the help and advice they've given me it'd be wrong of me to not shoot a few times and it's paid off really well! I'd like to keep this performance consistent. Maybe I could even be considered a dark horse for an award.

Elvis Jackson: We're all rooting for you to go and make it happen Javad! Thank you for coming on to the show, and a big thank YOU to the audience who is here with us. I'm Elvis Jackson from All News: The Minor League and we will see you next time. Goodbye!

Pretty unique location for a hockey player to originate from, I think you're right in that we've ever seen a player from Iran. I read an article with no punctuation or grammar earlier, so it made me greater appreciate that you had both of those things in yours. Looks like Vancouver is continuing their trend of steal or bust in the draft. (You're a gem in case that wasn't clear). I'm going to 1 up the last 2 reviews and give you a 9.1/10