Elvis with no bark?

Kachur

In the world of hockey trades are made for a number of reasons. A player is not happy on the team, a player has become too expensive to justify. The player is moved in a package to try to improve your team. Any one of those reasons is a good reason to trade, but what if the trade doesn't work out as intended?

See the source image

Michael on the hounds debut

When the Yukon Rush drafted Elvis Michael they thought they were getting a late round superstar in the making who was a few years away from Stardom. Playing on the 4th line of an almost guaranteed championship contender he did the unthinkable and asked for a trade out of Yukon. So the Assistant General Manager made a call and it was Saskatoon General Manager Landry who answered. Picking up Michael and solidifying the second line.

Like spoken above sometimes things happen you cant control. So when Mississauga reached out to Landry waving a much needed Goaltender around Saskatoon had no choice but to pull the trigger, unfortunately Elvis Michael was part of the asking price. Once he hing up the phone he informed Elvis he would be moving on.

See the source image

city of Mississauga

“that is hockey, nothing we can do about it as players. All we can do is lace up and hope to play the best hockey we can. I have no ill will towards Yukon, or Saskatoon, its all business. We didn't come into the league to politic. We cam to play.” Michael remained positive....until his first 3 games in Mississauga.

After struggling to net a goal on the second and third lines we caught up with the General Managers to get their thoughts. Simply asking was the trade bad and do you regret it? “No I don’t think it was a mistake, Elvis was a an acquisition for the future so if it takes him a longer time to progress and start producing, so be it. We have that time. The important thing is he’s trying to get better.” said Zetterberg who remains hopeful on the acquisition.

We caught up with the Assistant General Manager to get his thoughts as well on the same questions. "The trade wasn't all about short-term production; although Michael hasn't scored a lot since we brought him in, he's been an active locker room presence and was a player were looking at on draft day as having some potential going forward. If he keeps developing we know that production will come."

it would seem that even though Elvis Micheal the Winger from Uzbekistan is not fairing well on the ice it seems to be making waves in the locker room and trying to bring a chemistry off the ice that surely will help on the ice. Here is hoping the hounds turn there season around and they manage to make the post season. They have a great young Core which will only get better in a few years. “i have been in the gym every day, been the last one off the ice, working on shooting and every aspect of my game. They traded for me, they have faith in me, its time to return the favor and work hard to earn their respect and show that they did not make a mistake”

@tcookie - Orange

@Zetterberg - Green

@ATST - Purple

Edited by ATST

Review:

The format of this article is well done, displaying who is talking and how exactly this situation played out made a more complicated situation easier to understand. 

The only thing I would change format wise is having the text shifted to the left and not centered on the screen. 

overall: 9/10

This is a great write-up. As other have said, and I will echo, the formatting is great. At first I wasn't a fan of the colors corresponding to quotes, but it's grown on me! I like your pictures, but would suggest that your picture captions be smaller in font and maybe italicized, just to show that they are not a part of the article that's been misplaced. 9/10!