Jersey Concepts - VHLM

GreenGato

Time for a new thread! I am running through the VHLM with Primary and Clash jerseys for each team. I decided to avoid the classic home and away standard jerseys for the soccer-style primary, clash, and alt jerseys. Teams will wear their primary uniforms unless it is too similar to the home team's colors, and the away team will pick their clash or alternative sets. It always annoyed me that we don't have more color-on-color matchups or relegating a team's white/light uniform to be worn away from the home barn exclusively.

First up is the Halifax 21st! The Marquette style pattern is extrapolated from the life preserver on the primary logo. The pattern is made of ice blue (from the alt logo), dark navy, and royal/white. I tried to keep the rest of the jersey simple since the pattern is busy enough. The captains 'C' is taken from the nautical alphabet, and the 'A' would be as well. I will try to avoid creating too many laced jerseys, but it fits with the alt logo too well to not use it. Inside the collar is "Most Excellent Citizens" honoring Eswyn Lyster's book and the WW2 war-brides that came through the 21st pier. Thanks for lurking and C&C is always welcome!

3SJ4u5O.jpg3B4MdVP.jpg

DFpuFTx.jpg6wp401q.jpg

Edited by GreenGato
Added the backs of the jerseys and modified the clash to have an "A"

These are pretty dope. The style of jersey you chose for Halifax I think is really is really fitting with the striped sleeves which gives off a fisherman type vibe. All the colors mesh really well and the collar is a cool touch along with the rope on the anchor. look forward to seeing more of these. 10/10

@GreenGato Your getting reviewed by your team's AGM ... you must be so excited lol

Review:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn son, thems is some fine ass jerseys! Just in case you can't tell I think that is was over all a great design concept from hemline to collar. First of all I have to mention you over all commitment to the nautical theme. Not only is it well thought out but it is appealing to the eye as well. Love how you work in the subtle touches of yellow in your design from the rope on the shoulder patches with matching laces in the front collar to the stripped arm design i just can't help but thing this whole thing is on point.

This is better than what i have seen some professional clubs come out with lately.

9.5/10 ( the .5 off is because there is just something about the first jersey that does not pop as much as the 2nd design but lets be honest they are both amazing ❤️

This is sick! I really like these concepts. They logo looks so clean and I find the design going down the arms perfecf and with the anchors on the shoulders is such a nice touch!! I can’t wait to see more designs of the rest of the teams! Great work 10/10

Update 2/7:

I need to thank @BladeMaiden for her help on the overall template of the series and always giving me feedback. I made a small edit to my original post to include the backs of the jerseys and have the "A" on the clash jersey, I will be doing that from here on out. As a reward for the poor people that actually read what I write in these posts, if you have a VHLM team that you want your name and number on, please reply in this thread or DM me on the forums or Discord and let me which team.

The inspiration for the Houston Bulls striping was the fill pattern on the wordmark at top of the logo. I removed the wordmark from the logo for the jersey as I feel like they are unnecessary. The shoulder logos were modified from the horns of the logo to make an "H" and "B". I really couldn't decide between burgundy and red so I went with both options and the medium grey from the beard as the clash. The font is a western style that is distinctive enough without being difficult to read or unprofessional for a sports team. Lastly, the quote inside the collar is from Sam Houston and felt very texas-y.

mMXOAqN.jpgMmCZ0UC.jpg

g68mKCA.jpg5xXvMvI.jpg

0UZrHWR.jpgZxCamLU.jpg

Edited by GreenGato

This is looking awesome, I really like how you managed to make a 3D image for a jersey, the anchor on the shoulders seems to be pretty tough to make and you you it perfectly, this is clean and it has a lot of details. I give it a well deserved 10/10!

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2/22:

Next up, Las Vegas! The focus for the design was clean, air force inspired, and meant for the locals. The torso and sleeve stripes are inspired by the rounded chevron at the bottom of the air force insignias. Captain and Lieutenants (alternate captains) designations, as well as the NoB, are on a constant black over green name plate to add to the no nonsense feel of the set. The alternate logo is an L, V, and A made up from the air force insignia's chevrons with the negative space created from the classic star on the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign. I didn't want to make a white jersey but the black and green sets don't allow for enough contrast for all situations, so the alternate logo should make it feel separate from the more natural team colors. Lastly, the quote is from Hunter S. Thompson which reads "Las Vegas is the savage heart of the American Dream." Let me know what you think!

J28dA45.jpgk7Nr2U8.jpg

ueoGB1Z.jpgY4cJ9sk.jpg

S1rb842.jpgosQw1NM.jpg

On 2/22/2021 at 1:32 AM, 16z said:

Not sure what you were going for in the 3rd jersey logo but the captain patch is an interesting look though. Overall they all look great and can't wait to see the next design :)

Thanks for the feedback! With that logo, I tried to go for an "L" from the sideways chevron, a "V" from the upside down chevron , and an "A" from the regular chevron with the star seperating the "V" and "A".  I can see how that logo might not read as I intended, especially the "L".

On 2/28/2021 at 3:18 PM, Spence King said:

seriously though what program are you making these on ? and how can you teach me ? lol 

I make them in Photoshop with a template from Sportstemplates.com. I modified it slightly and I'd be more than happy to teach you! they have tons of great templates for other sports too.

Update 3/7:

I am glad to be back at it with the Mexico City Kings! I wanted to do something completely different for the only team from a non-traditional hockey country. The logo is modified to remove the words as is traditional of crests. The torso stripe is Aztec inspired and the two-tone shoulders matches the face on the logo. The font is based on the one used in the 1968 Olympics and is one of my favorites of all time. I wanted to match the old with the new and further the patriotism by placing the Mexican Coat of Arms on the shoulder. The quote on the inside the collar is a Mexican proverb, "El que con lobos anda a aullar se enseña" which translates to "He who hangs around with wolves, learns to howl" and shows that once you earn the respect of the team, you are a true member of the pack. C&C as always!

oc91OgN.jpgO2VTVpN.jpg

9351y3z.jpgoL8sbcS.jpg

On 3/7/2021 at 10:59 PM, GreenGato said:

I make them in Photoshop with a template from Sportstemplates.com. I modified it slightly and I'd be more than happy to teach you! they have tons of great templates for other sports too.

YES PLEASE TEACH ME !!! Im free all day Tomorrow and can get on Discord and lets chat and help me get started ? :)