Claimed:NY > Quebec City? [Final 6/6]

Wake Up, Quebec

With the playoffs well underway and in the second round, there have not exactly been many surprises. The top teams that were predicted to win emerged victorious, and the teams with the buy into the second round found their match-ups quite quickly. The favourites in each conference have come through to shine in the playoffs, as they have been expected to. Now, through the first five games of this second round, there have been some very competitive hockey.

Through the first round, the New York Americans defeated the Toronto Legion in five games. Despite having the push to crack the playoffs, the Legion were thwarted by the Americans somewhat handily. Tyler Cote had six points and Sachimo Zoidberg had five in those five games, but they could not surpass the offense of New York and the great veteran goalie that is Brick Wahl. That is not to say they had an easy exit, because Toronto battled hard throughout the series and the games were fairly even. Legion goaltender Kimmo Salo even posted a .921 save percentage, but even those numbers were not enough to aid his team to victory.

------------------------------------

rangers.jpg

------------------------------------

This brings us to our series of the Quebec City Meute facing off against the New York Americans. With the Meute having to wait a round for New York, the Americans were able to carry a little momentum into the next round. The story so far has been the play of Quebec City's Brock Waldron, who has posted a whopping .965 save percentage and a miniscule 1.20 goals against average thus far. One would think with those numbers, Quebec would be able to rally past the Americans with the offensive dynamo of Bruno Wolf and Aksel Thomassen but that has not been the case. Both of those players have been shut down quite well with them having four points each, with one goal a piece. With the numbers they produced during the season it is a great achievement for New York to have kept them at that mark. Brick Wahl has a .948 save percentage so far in the playoffs overall.

The majority of the offensive for Quebec has come from the likes of Travis Boychuk on the second line. In the five games so far, he has scored four goals. Which such great goaltending going both ways in this battle, it is a wonder if Boychuk can continue the trend and try to dig the Meute out of the hole that they find themselves in. The series has gone back and forth, with Quebec winning games one and three, and New York winning games two and four. It was at this point, that New York took their momentum and won game five to take a 3-2 series lead. Both of the Americans' wins came in second overtime, but this time the game was won on the only goal of the game from Tom Slaughter on the power play.

-------------------------------------

Quick.jpg

-------------------------------------

Heading into game six, it is a big challenge for Quebec to overcome this position they wound up in. They won the Victory Cup overcoming the Americans, but this New York squad is a veteran one that has been strong for many seasons and they know how to win. Being down 3-2 is a scary place to be in for the Meute, and the odds are not in their favour. The only way it seems they would manage to win the next two would be if Wolf and Thomassen start scoring goals.

----------------------------------------

I almost had a bit of writer's block doing this media spot. Had no idea what to write about but just kind of winged it.

• Admin

This series probably deserves a Game 7 but please no.

As for writers' block, maybe switch things up a bit? I know lots of your MSs are about your player/team, not necessarily a bad thing and I like that you generally focus on current events, so maybe do other teams? Maybe even "gasp" the European Conference? ;)

Content 3/3- Great article, really enjoyed the read. This is a really great series between the two teams. Cant wait to see the outcome. 

Grammar: 2/2- Nothing worth deducting. 

Appearance: 1/1- Great layout. Lundquist is a beauty. 

Final: 6/6

This series probably deserves a Game 7 but please no.

As for writers' block, maybe switch things up a bit? I know lots of your MSs are about your player/team, not necessarily a bad thing and I like that you generally focus on current events, so maybe do other teams? Maybe even "gasp" the European Conference? ;)

Yeah, I should focus somewhere else, really.

My player and team is what I know so it's just easier but I suppose it's probably better to make it more interesting for myself. :P

• Admin

Yeah, I should focus somewhere else, really.

My player and team is what I know so it's just easier but I suppose it's probably better to make it more interesting for myself. :P

Trust me, it is.

To be honest, as much as the teams give each other a lot of shit, this is a pretty great matchup and Quebec is a helluva team.  Just like Riga was for us.

Usually any kind of shit I ever give is sarcasm 95% of the time. I don't really care for the beef in a simulation league. Lol it's not like we're actually playing out there.