S77 Regular Season predictions

Red

This article is basically gonna be my thoughts on how the standings will play out and who will make they playoffs and what not so yeah, hope you enjoy.

NA Conference:

Spoiler

Playoffs:

1. LA Stars

2. Seattle Bears

3. Vancouver Wolves

4. Chicago Phoenix

5. Toronto Legion

Not the playoffs:

6. Calgary Wranglers

7. D.C. Dragons

8. New York Americans

At the top of the table in the NA conference I think a lot of the top teams form last season will stay up there. Neither Chicago, Seattle or Vancouver lost a lot of strength in the off season, after that are the interesting choices. I think the LA stars will break there curse and make the post season along with Toronto who are coming off there rebuild. It will be very close I think but for me LA has too many good pieces for them not to succeed, although that's been the truth for past seasons. The D.C. dragons have some very good high-end players but there depth concerns me a bit, they remind a bit of Malmo from last season. Calgary can also be good but I think Toronto and LA have the edge on goaltending and defense there. New York will be last........ sorry.         

EU Conference:

Spoiler

Playoffs:

1. London United

2. Warsaw Predators

3. Helsinki Titans

4. Riga Reign

5. Prague Phantoms

Not the Playoffs:

6. Malmo Nighthawks

7. Moscow Menace

8. HC Davos Dynamo

Unlike the NA conference there is more movement at the top as London advance from 6th to 1st. There massive offseason acquisitions of Jacob Tonn and Mikko Lahtinen put them in win now mode and make them favourites to top the conference. Warsaw will finish high once again as there roster is still strong and Helsinki, Riga and Prague should all have similar seasons. Malmo will miss the playoffs for the second time after winning the continental cup as they look to enter a rebuild with a new Gm. Moscow will be in a identical situation which means they will most likely fall to the bottom half of the standings. Davos will also finish near the bottom looking for a fresh start with some young prospects.

Edited by RedSus

Underrating Prague a bit I think, lot of younger players with an extra season of development without a single retirement, full season with Gyrfalcon in goal (and he's an auto 12 now), lost Jungkok to FA but gained both LeFlamant and Strong also from FA. There's no reason to think we do worse this season than last, this is absolutely a better team than last season was.