Hextalls Final Season Draws Near

Jaxx Hextall is nearing his final season before retirement, this future hall of famer is not only a celebrity on the ice, but also in the locker room.

The Toronto Legion have all came together to put in extra work, to do everything we can this season to get him his cup. The past two seasons Toronto has missed the playoffs, but their tenured net minder hasn't complained a single time. I'd like to do an article where I can praise @ROOKIE745for his excellence, not only in Toronto but in the league as a whole. 

When I first stepped into the locker room here in Toronto, not only did I love how welcoming Jaxx was, I loved how great this man played. He would stretch his body in crazy ways just to stop the puck from entering the net. And you can ask anyone who's played against us these last few seasons, Jaxx is not an easy man to score on. With 176 career wins, a .917 save percentage, and over 13,000 saves, Jaxx has solidified himself as not just a player, but a leader of the highest caliber, not only in Toronto, but also across the league. Hextalls determination, and shear love he has for his team and the game has really made an impact on me as a player, and makes me want to strive to be even half as great as he is. 

Hextall might not be the flashiest goalie to ever play in the VHL, but he has more heart than anyone else I've ever played with. He's played 390 games in his career with Toronto, and he's going to retire in Toronto. Our star goalie is leaving us at the end of the season, and after all he's done for us, the Legion have committed to winning the cup this year, for him, for our fans, and for our amazing GM @Peace. Hextall may be retiring this season, but win or lose, he's decided to do it with us. And nothing makes me happier than to play alongside this man one last season, and suit up every game with him. 

And to you Jaxx, thank you for the inspiration you've given us younger players, and thank you for the dedication you bring to the Ice night after night. The fans love you, management loves you, the boys love you, and the world loves you. No matter how this season ends, we're playing with you until the last buzzer rings, and hopefully after that we can celebrate our victory with some Champagne. Because of your leadership, I believe that we're going to win, and wwe'e going to win big. I'm not worried about the future, because you taught us what this game is all about, family, the kind that goes out and bleeds for one another. Don't be worried about us, because after you leave, we'll use what you've taught us. Lets win a cup, and lets kick some ass. #WinForRookie

Thanks you for reading this article, I gotta mosey on out and eat something. Stay warm and stay icy, Seacrest out. 

review: A great post about a very special player, media spot is well paced, and separated nicely. Good coverage of of the player and his dedication to the team and stats to back up why he's such a great goalie. It's awesome to see the inspiration he has had on other players as well. A totally none biased review 10/10