Rating teams positional strengths because why not

Red

Imma rate each teams positional strength based on depth and quality for the sole purpose of making GM's feel bad about themselves. I'll do this by rating centers, wingers, defensemen and goalies from a range of A to F for each team so I can give people PTSD from there years in grade school. Also I understand a lot of teams have centers who play the wing so I will try to guess which centers are actually centers and which have been moved to the wing.

Calgary Wranglers

Its clear most of there offence will come form there wingers as they aren't too strong down the middle. They have a very bright future in defense but they aren't quite at a top tier level yet. There goaltending is also decent but not spectacular.

Centers: D+

Wingers: B-

Defensemen: C+

Goalies: C+

Chicago Phoenix

A very strong all around team Chicago has a smallish roster with a lot of quality. They should finish near the top of the table once again as they have no clear weakness.

Centers: A-

Wingers: A

Defensemen: A

Goalies: B+

D.C. Dragons

Similar to Calgary they have a bit of a weakness at center but are much stronger in other places. There strong goaltending and defensemen should put them in contention for a playoff spot.

Centers: C+

Wingers: B

Defensemen: B+

Goalies: A

HC Davos Dynamo

This will be a rebuilding year for Davos as they most likely finish near the bottom of the standings. There glaring weaknesses are at forward as Taro Tsujimoto is there only notable player up front.

Centers: C

Wingers: D

Defensemen: B-

Goalies: B-

Helsinki Titans

With arguably the best forward core in the league Helsinki has incredible quality and depth at center. There wingers are not too far behind and there goaltending is also top tier. This should be a very high scoring team.

Centers: A+

Goalies: A-

London United

After some aggressive moves in the offseason the London united are ready to make the playoffs again. Mikko Lahtinen will make there offense much more threatening and Jacob Tonn will surely steal London many games.

Defensemen: B

Goalies: A+

Los Angeles Stars

LA has an interesting setup with many centers and not too many wingers. It will also be interesting to see how two superstar centers play in the same lineup. Also with Roque Davis joining the team there Defense is now also among the best in the league. Will these improvements carry them out of the basement? maybe. Watching Davos struggle with a seemingly strong roster on paper makes me think LA might not break the curse.

Wingers: C-

Goalies: B

Malmo Nighthawks

After recently winning the continental cup Malmo is now at a crossroads as they are not as strong as they used to be. It's not too clear if they are going into a rebuild as they still have some good pieces and depth. They will be a thorn to whoever tries to make the playoffs in the EU for sure.

Centers: C-

Moscow Menace

Moscow's direction is more clear as they are entering there first season of there rebuild. They have very good depth but lack star power in all positions. With the additions of Idaho and Atreides it won't be long for Moscow to be a team to fear again but for now they will have to settle with mediocrity.

Wingers: C+

Defensemen: C

New York Americans

New York hasn't come out of there rebuild just yet as they still don't have quality players to lead them into the playoffs. Prospects such as Red Lite and Zeedayno Chara still need time to develop into star players but for now New York will probably place around the bottom of the standings one more time.

Wingers: C

Defensemen: C-

Prague Phantoms

Prague is a rare top heavy roster with many good quality forwards surrounded by a lot of depth. There defense isn't quite at that level as they have four good depth pieces but no star. Nevertheless, there strong goaltending should allow them to score there way into the playoffs as they should be a very competitive team.

Wingers: B+

Riga Reign

Big hype. I'll try to be unbiased on this one but I think our roster is very well rounded. We have depth in all positions with a good mix of youth and vets. Our goaltending is what I believe to be our biggest strength as Calvin Harvey is an absolute stud who should have another great season.

Centers: B+

Goalies: A

Seattle Bears

Seattle will be a sneaky good team this season imo. They have strength in every position especially on the wing with players such as Jim Bob and timothy Brown. Seattle will kost likely make the playoffs and will once again be a contender in the playoffs.

Centers: B

Wingers: A+

Goalies: B-

Toronto Legion

Toronto is very close to coming out of there rebuild, but there not quite there yet. Similar to other rebuilding teams they have depth but not many top tier players as of right now. They have very promising core of young defensemen and some enticing forward prospects which could make this team a force in the future. I can see Toronto squeaking into a playoff spot maybe but it will be tight.

Goalies: A-

Vancouver Wolves

Vancouver is a very interesting team to me as they are transitioning from one gm to another. As of right now they have a massive gap in quality from there centers and goaltenders which makes them the most unique roster in this list. There centers are amongst the best in the league with Andrew Su and SS Hornet yet there goaltending is arguably the worst in the league. Vancouver could be looking to construct a deal to move out one of there strong pieces at forward for some help on the backend to balance there roster.

Centers: A+

Goalies: D+

Warsaw Predators

After coming off an impressive continental cup run Warsaw remain one of the strongest teams in the league. They are built very similarly to the team that they met in the finals in Chicago as they too have a smallish roster with a lot of quality players. Therefore, no one should be surprised to see Warsaw at the top of the EU again.

Centers: A

Wingers: A-

Goalies: B+

Claiming for:

3/28/21

4/4/21

8.5/10

Nice idea for the article! Always interesting to hear thoughts and comments on how the teams are looking and how they could perform in the future. You have done a solid amount of research, the article is easy to read and there is even some color, good stuff!

Potential ideas for improvement could be adding a picture of some kind, using the logos for each team, and in general adding even more information on each team.

Good job on this media spot bud. You've been fair to each team when giving them their rating and it's clear you've done your research when giving these ratings. Using the colours of the teams to highlight the different sections lays it out really well makes it really easy to read. Overall, solid job

9/10

review thing, i dont know much about other teams but this helped show some thoughts of a member thats done some great research and the ratings on each team helps me abit to understand what the league looks for. the way its formatted is nice and easy as well. the rating system with your small comments really helped. i would like to see more of these things especially for vhlm. great information on the vhl teams none less 

8/10

On 3/22/2021 at 12:46 AM, RedSus said:

Imma rate each teams positional strength based on depth and quality for the sole purpose of making GM's feel bad about themselves. I'll do this by rating centers, wingers, defensemen and goalies from a range of A to F for each team so I can give people PTSD from there years in grade school. Also I understand a lot of teams have centers who play the wing so I will try to guess which centers are actually centers and which have been moved to the wing.

Calgary Wranglers

Its clear most of there offence will come form there wingers as they aren't too strong down the middle. They have a very bright future in defense but they aren't quite at a top tier level yet. There goaltending is also decent but not spectacular.

Centers: D+

Goalies: C+

Chicago Phoenix

A very strong all around team Chicago has a smallish roster with a lot of quality. They should finish near the top of the table once again as they have no clear weakness.

Wingers: A

Goalies: B+

D.C. Dragons

Similar to Calgary they have a bit of a weakness at center but are much stronger in other places. There strong goaltending and defensemen should put them in contention for a playoff spot.

Goalies: A

HC Davos Dynamo

This will be a rebuilding year for Davos as they most likely finish near the bottom of the standings. There glaring weaknesses are at forward as Taro Tsujimoto is there only notable player up front.

Wingers: D

Helsinki Titans

With arguably the best forward core in the league Helsinki has incredible quality and depth at center. There wingers are not too far behind and there goaltending is also top tier. This should be a very high scoring team.

Goalies: A-

London United

After some aggressive moves in the offseason the London united are ready to make the playoffs again. Mikko Lahtinen will make there offense much more threatening and Jacob Tonn will surely steal London many games.

Goalies: A+

Los Angeles Stars

LA has an interesting setup with many centers and not too many wingers. It will also be interesting to see how two superstar centers play in the same lineup. Also with Roque Davis joining the team there Defense is now also among the best in the league. Will these improvements carry them out of the basement? maybe. Watching Davos struggle with a seemingly strong roster on paper makes me think LA might not break the curse.

Wingers: C-

Malmo Nighthawks

After recently winning the continental cup Malmo is now at a crossroads as they are not as strong as they used to be. It's not too clear if they are going into a rebuild as they still have some good pieces and depth. They will be a thorn to whoever tries to make the playoffs in the EU for sure.

Centers: C-

Moscow Menace

Moscow's direction is more clear as they are entering there first season of there rebuild. They have very good depth but lack star power in all positions. With the additions of Idaho and Atreides it won't be long for Moscow to be a team to fear again but for now they will have to settle with mediocrity.

Defensemen: C

New York Americans

New York hasn't come out of there rebuild just yet as they still don't have quality players to lead them into the playoffs. Prospects such as Red Lite and Zeedayno Chara still need time to develop into star players but for now New York will probably place around the bottom of the standings one more time.

Wingers: C

Defensemen: C-

Prague Phantoms

Prague is a rare top heavy roster with many good quality forwards surrounded by a lot of depth. There defense isn't quite at that level as they have four good depth pieces but no star. Nevertheless, there strong goaltending should allow them to score there way into the playoffs as they should be a very competitive team.

Wingers: B+

Riga Reign

Big hype. I'll try to be unbiased on this one but I think our roster is very well rounded. We have depth in all positions with a good mix of youth and vets. Our goaltending is what I believe to be our biggest strength as Calvin Harvey is an absolute stud who should have another great season.

Centers: B+

Goalies: A

Seattle Bears

Seattle will be a sneaky good team this season imo. They have strength in every position especially on the wing with players such as Jim Bob and timothy Brown. Seattle will kost likely make the playoffs and will once again be a contender in the playoffs.

Centers: B

Wingers: A+

Goalies: B-

Toronto Legion

Toronto is very close to coming out of there rebuild, but there not quite there yet. Similar to other rebuilding teams they have depth but not many top tier players as of right now. They have very promising core of young defensemen and some enticing forward prospects which could make this team a force in the future. I can see Toronto squeaking into a playoff spot maybe but it will be tight.

Goalies: A-

Vancouver Wolves

Vancouver is a very interesting team to me as they are transitioning from one gm to another. As of right now they have a massive gap in quality from there centers and goaltenders which makes them the most unique roster in this list. There centers are amongst the best in the league with Andrew Su and SS Hornet yet there goaltending is arguably the worst in the league. Vancouver could be looking to construct a deal to move out one of there strong pieces at forward for some help on the backend to balance there roster.

Centers: A+

Goalies: D+

Warsaw Predators

After coming off an impressive continental cup run Warsaw remain one of the strongest teams in the league. They are built very similarly to the team that they met in the finals in Chicago as they too have a smallish roster with a lot of quality players. Therefore, no one should be surprised to see Warsaw at the top of the EU again.

Centers: A

Wingers: A-

Goalies: B+

Claiming for:

3/28/21

4/4/21

Its clear that you have done your research and the ratings seems fair in my eyes.  Also really good for people that are fairly new to get a better understanding of what team is in what position 9/10

Edited by Vat

Review: Interesting media spot and great idea, great job on rating each position including separating the center and wingers and not just calling them all forwards. I do think the description for some of the teams are lacking, some being one sentence long or not mentioning some positions at all, also mentioning more players I think would solely be a good thing, a player at one of their strong positions for example. Otherwise pretty good MS. 7.5/10