Season 75 VHL - Quick Analysis

The Season 75 VHL Draft was one of the deepest drafts recently. With a staggering 300+ eligible players for the draft, only 112 of those were chosen in the VHL entry draft. Today I’m going to go over the first round of the Season 75 Draft and show where they are currently and how they have progressed in the league.

Pistil Stamen 5aPSErnL7p78WzmBKn_ecYIcRCkEgrmJd2A_9pBpJQEw5oQL4SoSPALmtOIDQt3byVkUkgTRMDSlxMTZ6tmxXFWde0feaV3euH1eC6NA0sQb4N8LXxTgLPf-ZD7k-YLt9sm10ReM

Stamen was drafted first overall to the LA Stars with an entry TPE of 281. Currently Stamen is still with the LA Stars and is at 636 TPE. Compared to the other players in the draft, he is currently ranked 6th overall in TPE. He was immediately brought up to the Stars in Season 75 putting up 15 goals and 15 assists for 30 points. Stamen is currently beating his rookie numbers with 16 goals and 15 assists in only 25 games played compared to the 72 game rookie campaign. Stamen has not seen any playoff run in their VHL career yet.

Jolly Greene Giant g6TmGenyOHOGRhEnO_gkKIC5UuEK_8zQ1KnePYPqONECcWaHtDJlwRcoSQezK2qWcJXBo0mUALXBPDR0Cz6ZmGmV7Dcc6q6fzUQ2ms8AoyDw-YDh5z0N6GtQo_VvWaTL5xvgYHcN

Giant was drafted 2nd overall by the Toronto Legion with an entry TPE of 250. Currently Giant is still with the Legion and has 581 TPE. Compared to the others in the draft class he is ranked 10th in TPE. Giant spent Season 75 in the VHLM and was brought up for the full Season 76 campaign. He posted 13 goals and 31 assists for 44 points in his rookie season. In his sophomore season he has 10 goals and 20 assists for 30 points in 25 games. Giant has not seen any playoff games in the VHL yet.

Kunibuni UnGuri Rs6G520mkjh06r6KeQ-XJtU7Jo2d4AzjRoG8EpjNI9LENNG5LzmeD7Eejb6zdBlo1aF_Uf-S8EyIEHzSIfK7YO_pPCeQ_b8wNxIMuzjw-r_btxS4l64lFAmUMgJsMVDwStNmtZsV

UnGuri was drafted 3rd overall by HC Davos Dynamo with an entry TPE of 236. UnGuri is still with the Dynamo and has 569 TPE, which compared to the rest of the draft class he is ranked 14th in TPE. UnGuri was the rookie backup in Season 75 and only played in 10 games. In those 10 games he had 5 wins and 3 losses with a .929 save% and 2.36 GAA. His role changed in Season 76 when he was given the starting role. In the current season he has 9 wins and 11 losses and 1 OT loss for a .92 save% and 3.52 GAA. UnGuri has not seen any playoff action in the VHL yet.

L RbRzT53wE6n-Q4Czt20hhl9yExb9aXfd2d5zFJPE8Sv7Ni2ii3RwFM8L6zOf1B-wFxsq5GesHTwmnPrJ4RrnOa0DTZF5MY-LwI0Lt7r14In1CGRv7Vjj5tjqTmEY_ZR_hFHGD50i

L was drafted 4th overall by the Chicago Phoenix with an entry TPE of 291. L is currently still with the Phoenix and is a key player at 649 TPE which compared to the draft class L is ranked 3rd in TPE. L was brought up to the Phoenix after being drafted and had an incredible rookie campaign with 14 goals and 46 assists for 60 points which earned L the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy for being the best rookie. L has found great success with the Phoenix and even won the Continental Cup in Season 76. L currently has 6 goals and 16 assists for 22 points in 25 games. L had 2 runs in the VHL playoffs and, as stated before, won the Continental Cup in Season 76 by posting 4 goals and 6 assists for 10 points in 15 games.

RJ Thatcher DVzUoBrfpwsrCpoZTYYzSdj3WOk8gZ45LhNO610YHhXXxoEffx1Us2fTX8FAy4Bjf2YHz-7lij-MsZGBcJmM5GLY9IiHD6dOJUg1NWOgIRXaUKpRXXtNeZIzLTitClmVOtxWfrYB

Thatcher was drafted 5th overall by the NY Americans with an entry TPE of 246. He is currently at 436 TPE which is ranked 30th in the draft class. Thatcher spent Season 75 in the VHLM and was brought up for the Season 76 action. He posted 21 goals and 35 assists for 56 points in his rookie campaign. In the current season he has 11 goals and 12 assists for 23 points in 25 games. He has yet to see any action in the VHL Playoffs.

R uSUeUy2tbckT39WqJwyrt_0rCTNriONdTjEPb1uGbs5FPIWcPBLqpFM7xse0dt6_1yOlkZIL20vrClWvRs8tL0KZZdYg-ZmqRJuiPeGUtqsbULFZmAdGboUDeMYPGqnxPccropri

R was drafted 6th overall by the Chicago Phoenix with an entry TPE of 219. R is currently at 451 TPE which compared to the rest of the class he is ranked 28th. R was brought up in Season 75 with 7 goals and 22 assists for 29 points in 71 games. In Season 77 he has 2 goals and 6 assists for 8 points. He is a Continental Cup champion with the Season 76 win. He has 2 playoff appearances already with a combined total of 3 goals and 8 assists for 11 points in 32 games. 

Cabe McJake CCCBX3wyap6uyI5Q4jT2a9ll3uh895l7p5mToqowbNHn2e4Z55v8njM1JW_Y4Bh9-gSfbx48oyky8EqusOMk_3FaZDLkBpH5VmlkIBHpcqAT4nHfkm1eu6q8wVMPqrtO2UdfTDV_

McJake was drafted 7th overall by the Riga Reign with an entry TPE of 235. Currently he is at 683 and ranked 2nd in TPE in the draft class. He wasn’t immediately brought up in Season 75 and had a full rookie campaign in Season 76 where he had 36 goals and 37 assists for 73 points. In Season 77 he already has 7 goals and 12 assists for 19 points in 25 games. His only playoff appearance came in Season 76 with only 4 games. He had 1 goal and 2 assists for 3 points in those 4 games.

Addison McLaren tOxcYmjEOTAvPAnoSh5rF546cmxV5zDZ1bvVDLjBqFYV2D_a87NbjtOwa10RQddeHgk5LphfDx6AsE2kfltt1EcPxrtO4VijCFwpGTUpzX2d2-q_wkcWsvgLg9CRRM5d7_R_z269

McLaren was drafted 8th overall by the Riga Reign with an entry TPE of 227. McLaren is currently at 623 TPE and is ranked 5th compared to the rest of the draft class. Just like McJake he was in the VHLM for Season 75 until he was called up in Season 76. He had 18 goals and 19 assists for 37 points in his rookie campaign. Currently he has 11 goals and 8 assists for 19 points in 25 games already. He has 4 games of playoff experience with Riga and has only 1 goal in those 4 games.

Taro Tsujimoto 0UrRxEg19QYEc3ST2g8w-s9wkb7ji8MoPNR066W_6OIvIZXYR7am2oPHr_Ra3BaowbnsWuBoz5uOGsD5dGzUU9hHyuv4MyD5qaRmtXB3kpAArqbnF-plpizO_rNxXoXa019IDizO

Tsujimoto was drafted 9th overall by the HC Davos Dynamo. He is still with the Dynamo and has a staggering 713 TPE which compared to the rest of the draft class is ranked 1st. He was immediately brought up to the VHL after being drafted and posted a 19 goal and 24 assists for 43 points in his rookie campaign. He has improved his stats over Season 76 and is currently, in Season 77, at 11 goals and 17 assists for 28 points in 25 games. Although Tsujimoto is a key part of the Dynamo, he has yet to see playoff action.

Dolant Fertitta FhxWOZumagf1REvsqDTE4FxjgzhTEt4SSIEScIagvKE3bJFKmAemwP8cLF-K4Iul1yd7b5PbGp5tQy_Ej7MDgYS68c-tMH0nLEoUDxIClI6jNKcz6b-2nzqK0mnDhOuMPpkKBmoT

Fertitta was drafted 10th overall by the Riga Reign with an entry TPE of 215. Fertitta is currently with the Moscow Menace after being traded for a 3rd round pick in the Season 76 off-season. Unfortunately he hasn’t been very active and that is reflected in his current TPE of 417. Compared to the rest of the draft class he is ranked 32nd in TPE. He was brought up in Season 76 after another season in the VHLM. He posted a 23 goal and 32 assist for 55 points rookie season. Currently with the Menace he has 7 goals and 14 assists for 21 points in 25 games. His only playoff experience came from Riga in Season 76 with only 1 assist in 4 games. 

Scotty Kaberle kJXrT27mEMdvEsr19rTUb8sLVmupoyyfMnMBi-ZmrQdoq5CNS0wU6S9yblmmWCh-HeivtMwSlhDyILF0azbujS7lIu-zieCVoCWeRqbhWRP6lqy6ZQnlSbMMHDJ4lnZtRNK_7VcF

Kaberle was drafted 11th overall by the Toronto Legion with an entry TPE of 211. He is still with the Legion and has 617 TPE which is ranked 7th against the rest of the class. He didn’t join the VHL squad until Season 76 and had 13 goals and 35 assists for 48 points. In the current season he is on pace for a point-a-game with 6 goals and 19 assists for 25 points in 25 games. He has yet to see a playoff game with the Legion.

Joe Kelly tk-kbugHY28tKnEfLZOCA6SMsqw0Qgd08vFVEOutb5A0yDTtDnLJRllkbfNR6se4KRIC64k9ta-X-WT4222du16xtm3yBOKlXC6Xy7qZU34OqGea_DXE-f7L69VzHUqjZ5zZp8Hj

Kelly was drafted 12th overall by the Riga Reign with an entry TPE of 257. Unfortunately Kelly is inactive and is a free agent with only 277 TPE. Kelly was traded in the Season 75 off-season to the DC Dragons for a 3rd round pick and was traded to the HC Davos Dynamo for Lewis Dawson. With Kelly being inactive he has dropped to 67th compared to the others in the draft class. Kelly was put into the Riga lineup after being drafted putting up 23 goals and 28 assists for 51 points. He never hit that number as his brief stint with DC only produced 2 goals and 3 assists and after being traded again only putting up 7 goals and 1 assist. He was released at the end of Season 76. Kelly never saw playoff action with any team.

Muffbeav rERIzk_QdlypJUjIN73H9swAiHPcgwhhpb_S9a5PN8kWY9TBSmo_dYn-phLhhoMm9kvbq_x1QgVZBZcQaQTRcrNFqbkfM5FgeS_F6cjXW-E1bH_wc7bsErPfHAYmpE8rMDDzfc53

Muffbeav was drafted 13th overall by the Warsaw Predators with an entry TPE of 263. Muffbeav is currently at 551 TPE and is still with the Predators. Compared to the rest of the draft class he is ranked 16th in TPE. He was brought up to the VHL after being drafted and had 16 goals and 41 assists for 57 points in just his rookie campaign. He has yet to hit those numbers again, but he currently has 7 goals and 15 assists for 22 points in 25 games already. He has seen the playoffs twice and has a combined total of 10 goals and 12 assists for 22 points in 26 games.

Sirkants Klamasteris FJYFh_AftjuZGd-FunoVvQa7VntDgJSp5VV_jUlPfKuryDT6GBpBMUXbrERdtR_I509CYktdkgKF2Ydt_DrbSttLyAc6NDYBJiMf9GhDts7J38SoNp7GwD1I_caDWowMcTqLH3C0

Klamasteris was drafted 14th overall to the Riga Reign, their 5th and final first round pick, with an entry TPE of 276. Currently Klamasteris is with the Toronto Legion after being traded in the Season 75 off-season after being traded for Toronto’s first round pick in Season 78. Compared to the draft class, he is currently ranked 4th overall in TPE. He was brought up to the VHL after the draft and only played in 15 games and posted 3 wins and 5 losses and 1 OT loss with a .926 save% and a 2.95 GAA. He was a backup in Riga and when traded is expected to be the starter in the future, but currently is considered a backup to Jaxx Hextall who retires next season. This season he has 8 games for 3 wins and 1 loss and 1 OT loss with a .924 save% and a 2.97 GAA. Klamasteris has not seen any playoff action yet.

Its Gucci eZTIdmTvyIFeT-ZmTzs0EC2HcfLctXnvQ6IPUNrCIeByUvD3mutK7YTkhagmB4GG0nogbWhSk74D6oG3NxwSIFsr51juq3DrtJReNNVrGaRacG-6FErh5QkXPTphQySROVSUYe8g

Gucci was drafted 15th overall to the LA Stars with an entry TPE of 220 TPE. Currently Gucci is still with the LA Stars and is at 509 TPE. Compared to the draft class, Gucci is ranked 24th in TPE. After the draft Gucci was kept in the VHLM to grow and was only brought up for Season 76. In his rookie campaign he posted 16 goals and 15 assists for 31 points. Currently with only 25 games played he has 8 goals and 11 assists for 19 points. Gucci has not seen any playoff action in the VHL.

Rara Rasputin euS-Z6lcmrOnBiZAtOW4Q10Iu98JOHt2ZgCYwhesB-nBTgxVlN0hv9Rv3vZhESCAXCX9Q4SAg4evrLrxKmyEVw6NOWWF5wYs4gpEXP2fJ5cayKJJP5u0YtvqGJhcXuEW_Krj9a0P

Rasputin was drafted 16th overall to the Moscow Menace with an entry TPE of 250. Currently Rasputin is with the Seattle Bears after he was traded in a 1 for 1 trade and is at 603 TPE. Compared to the rest of the draft class, he is currently ranked 8th overall in TPE. Rasputin was put into the Moscow net in his rookie campaign putting up 6 wins and 2 losses for a .919 save% and 2.77 GAA. When he was with Moscow he was considered a backup, but after the trade to Seattle his role has changed into the starting goalie. He only played in 12 games with Moscow before getting more starts in Seattle with 68 games in Season 76. In the current season he is at 24 games and 11 wins and 11 losses with 1 OT loss at .917 save% and 2.98 GAA. Rasputin has seen playoff action with 11 total games split between Seattle and Moscow (10 with Seattle and 1 with Moscow). His best campaign was Season 76 with Seattle with 10 games, 5 wins 2 losses and 3 overtime losses. He posted a .94 save% and 2.11 GAA during those 10 games.

And so we come to the conclusion of this long post. I hope I did a fair and quick analysis to everyone in the first round. I’m totally biased so I might do a 2nd round analysis since I was in it. Keep an eye out in the future for that.

2018 words (Claiming 4 weeks)

Edited by youloser1337
visibility

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Light users are very confused.

23 minutes ago, fyrefly said:

image.thumb.png.a4be5371576c25aec12af31b6f110e9d.png

indeed

I'm sorry. I changed that. I use dark theme so I didn't know. I'll keep that in mind in the future.... which means that probably everything I've done is invisible for light theme.... Mad Come On GIF by UEFA

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, youloser1337 said:

I'm sorry. I changed that. I use dark theme so I didn't know. I'll keep that in mind in the future.... which means that probably everything I've done is invisible for light theme.... Mad Come On GIF by UEFA

Funnily now it’s basically invisible on dark.

Your best bet if you’re going for pure visibility is to not change off the default colour. It will adjust between black and white depending on the light / dark setting so everything will always remain visible.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Funnily now it’s basically invisible on dark.

Your best bet if you’re going for pure visibility is to not change off the default colour. It will adjust between black and white depending on the light / dark setting so everything will always remain visible.

Work From Home Podcast GIF by Rooster Teeth

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I admire your patience with writing an article this size and also having time to add team logos, I would get lazy and just post mine. I thought your article was very well presented, and your writing was great. I prefer the analysis articles over re-drafts personally, as I find they are easier to follow and give insight into how each pick played out. Nice work 9/10

Thanks for fixing the text for light theme users btw.