How I was Recruited

Ledge

Hi everyone, it Sunday and I need TPE. I'm gonna write about how I was recruited to the league. I joined the VHL in early September 2020, narrowly after my 13th birthday, which was a relief considering the disocrd age policy. Anyway, I hadn't heard about the VHL until around then, from a site called capfriendly. Capfriendly was meant to be a site where you could follow cap space, signings, trades, etc. in the NHL. I, as a massive hockey fan, got into the forum part of it, which allowed you to play as a GM of a team, managing cap space and trades and such. Then one fateful day, when I was looking through some threads at the bottom of the forum, I saw a little recruitment ad placed by Beav. Intrigued, I clicked on it. It brought me to the forum, which immediately overwhelmed and confused the fuck outta me. So I left it alone for a few days, bumbled around on CF some more, when my curiosity got the best of me and I explored the forum and the portal a bit more. This time, I was feeling confident, so I stole a username off a CF guy and made an account (my CF username is HabsFan9. I'm not very creative with usernames). I spent a few hours debating on what my player name should be. I eventually just went with some random Swedish name I made up. So Ledge and Dairy (2.0) and Linus Zetterstrom were born. Then, I got confused because nothing happened after I created my player in my player thread, until rory and beav are nice enough to answer some of my noob questions! Yes, @rory was the second VHL member that I had a conversation with. Shudder. Either way, after about a week of impatiently waiting for the playoffs to end and trying to figure shit out, I got draft interviews from @Ricer13 and @JigglyGumballs. So I pretty much knew that I was going to either be an Ace or a Marauder by the end of the draft. And no offense to Ricer or Miami, but I'm glad things played out the way they did. Jiggs and @Spartan drafted me in the fourth round. I didn't know anything about the twitch draft at that point, so I was spamming the reload button on my laptop for almost two hours straight. Still, a great experience for me, joining a team. After some time, Jiggs finally pressured me into getting discord, which was a life saver. I then learned how to max earn, and have been doing so almost ever since.