Jiggs Thinks About the VHLE

So hey! Guess who's back? Before I shamelessly go off on this season's theme week. I first want to apologize for my more than lackluster activity as of late. School, as it's winding down to the last week or two, is starting to throw everything at once for me. Heck I have a major 2 part assessment coming tomorrow and Tuesday on a subject I really need to boost my marks in. So uh... yeah. I know I haven't been putting as much time on the VHL as I used to. Heck I'll admit that I'm not doing my part as GM to keep LR activity up, but once this week passes, I should be able to contribute more to the VHL and LVA as a whole. So again sorry for my lack of activity, and thank you for putting up with me.

NOW. Moving on, let's talk about the VHLE. I'll be honest, this announcement was a surprise to me when I first heard of it. We didn't just expand with new teams, we expanded with a fucking whole other league. It's was a shocker alright. Though with the announcement of the VHLE, it means a lot more implications that apply to both the VHLM and VHL. With the stand-in for the KHL now in the VHL, this means that the VHLM is hammering down on it's purpose of being a developmental league. I think it's well established that your goal in the VHLM, in terms of GMing, is not to win cups but to develop players. The announcement of the VHLE emphasizes that. Personally I feel like the VHLE further removes the competitiveness of the M in a way. Now before you start bombarding the thread with objections, let me further explain on what I mean. Yeah the VHLM might still be competitive. There will be teams who want to win a cup, there are M players who desire to win something in the M. But with the VHLE as a competitive middle ground, it removes the competitiveness of the M as players can easily just move up to the E for a better competitive experience. The VHLM will still have some compete to it, but with the E, it will look much, much more like the CHL of sorts. A complete developmental league meant to hone the skills of potential talent into stardom. I personally don't think this is a bad thing. In contrast honestly. It really makes us M GMs think of the M as solely as developmental. Something I've started to really take into consideration as of late. I wanna be the guy people look back to when they talk about how they got hooked into the VHL. So far, I don't think I've done a good job, but I'm still trying to do so whenever I have the time.

So now let's talk about the VHL. You can choose to skip the VHLE entirely and just go to the VHL if you desire. However, my question is why? First of all, you need to hit the VHL cap requirements WHILE you're in the M to be able to skip the E, and that's not a super easy feat. For your average clicker or new player, you're going through the E nonetheless. I'm not sure how this will play in terms of advantages in the sims. All I know is that depreciation seasons will only count as soon as you start playing in the VHL, so you technically  can play more seasons in the VHLE. However unlikely it might be. I think spending more time as a player in the E and having some nice competition with a pretty level playing field is pretty cool. Not counting towards your retirement seasons is just an added bonus. If you max earn, you're most likely going to play only 1 season in the E, and that's alright. One shot is all it takes right?

Anyways, the VHLE is such a cool concept and I really am excited to see what this new league would bring. It's to the point where I honestly wanna recreate earlier, but I'm still on the fence for that. Hopefully some of my input/thoughts of the E regarding the two other leagues might find some interesting conversation, but yeah. I apologize, again, for my lack of activity, but it does feel good to spend half an hour typing a long ass article.

(740 Words)

1 hour ago, JigglyGumballs said:

So hey! Guess who's back? Before I shamelessly go off on this season's theme week. I first want to apologize for my more than lackluster activity as of late. School, as it's winding down to the last week or two, is starting to throw everything at once for me. Heck I have a major 2 part assessment coming tomorrow and Tuesday on a subject I really need to boost my marks in. So uh... yeah. I know I haven't been putting as much time on the VHL as I used to. Heck I'll admit that I'm not doing my part as GM to keep LR activity up, but once this week passes, I should be able to contribute more to the VHL and LVA as a whole. So again sorry for my lack of activity, and thank you for putting up with me.

Real life > fake hockey league. That aside,

The announcement of a third league was likely a shock to most of the league, me included. I expected maybe another 4 team expansion or something of the sort, but not a whole league. Will be interesting to see what teams are added. Regarding the part where you mentioned you were tempted to recreate, I'd say hold off. Time seems to fly on this league and you'll be recreating before you know it. (Hell, you've been here for an entire year already). I'm already closing in on my player's final season and I am also excited to try out the VHLE. 10/10 article, and good luck with finals in school.

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Not counting towards your retirement seasons is just an added bonus

It still counts. We changed depreciation, not force retirement. If you spend 4 years in the VHLE you get 5 in the VHL before you’re done.