Season 40 Entry Draft Rankings HOT or NOT

Mike

Season40_2.png

Rather than focusing on a few of the biggest improving or worst falling players I decided to try to touch on everyone this week.  Not everyone should realistically be considered “HOT or NOT” as there are a good chunk of “WARM” prospects. I didn’t want to go all on the fence with everyone though so made it a clear yes or no type choice.  The draft as a whole has been really great so far another few prospects are pushing us toward a full fourth round.  With the 200th Mag Article we have essentially had a 2 week break and in that time 20 prospects have updated two full rounds of actives thus far.

Hot
Thomas O'Malley – Clear number one overall pick in this draft if you ask me.
Mason Richardson – Top 3 prospect with good VHL pedigree no team would complain to get this player.
Tyler Cote – Really good prospect that will be overshadowed this season but deserves recognition.
Jerrick Poole – Quietly becoming a top five prospect and will likely be VHL ready in his first season.
Joshua Rubin – Repped by an agent with an inconsistent past but Rubin seems legit.
Gunnar Skovsgard – Has been working hard still just being overshadowed by those who seem to want it even more.
Filip Henrikkson – One of the hardest working prospects over the past couple weeks hope he keeps it up.
Rami Jakobssen – Everything points to a quiet accession in the first round a potential top five prospect.
Lloyd Light – Late comer to the draft that is one of this year’s wild cards.  Could make a late push for top 3.
Jody 3 Moons – Had a really good off-season workout but I think this player might not be in it for the longhaul.
King Czar III – Last player by this agent was a borderline VHL/VHLMer Czar seems to be destined for a brighter future.
Vladamir Komorov – Similar to Jody 3 Moons great off-season start to his career.  Only time will tell if this second round draftee can crack into the top ten.
Soren Douffet – Long term goalie prospect with limited success from this player agent but could find a starting goalie spot in a few seasons.
Aleksander Petrov – Late second round prospect with some upside needs guidance to stay on the right path.

Not
Gunzerker Salvadaor – Shot into the top of the first round talks early on but has fizzled since the start of the season.
Christoph Klose – Still making progress but this draft is really deep and he is getting pushed down the board.
Kurtis Hunter – Has tumbled in the rankings over the last two weeks.
Ikier Manushez – See above.
Superbman – Pleasantly surprised to see progress here but again so many good draftees hard to stand out.
Marcus Hurley – No vacations allowed in this draft fell six spots over the last two weeks.
Da'Brickashaw O'Neal Jr. – Da’Brickashaw O’Neal has a reputation and Jr. needs to bring it to start his own journey.
Wesley Matthews – Firecracker onto the scene and then potentially fizzle out the historical pattern of the 701 player agency.
Boris Belov – Could have been a good late second round prospect but seems to be on the path to VHLM regular.
Edgar Balthazar – Who?
Jarome Ritchie – Say What?
Bo Reinhart - Nope
Chris MacAuley – Not Today
Phillip McCracken - Never
Cody Nichushkin – Probably Not
Mike Jones - Poser
Sepp Reiter - Nada
Andor Drakon – Never Was
Sasha Petrov – Never Will Be
Niklas Kurri – Just declared for the draft we’ll give him a break for now.

It sucks that sball never updates on time.

This Filip Henriksson guy must be pretty good to be on the list and not exist.

Edited by Kendrick

atleast you dont have a high expectation to live up to 701. I can only bust :(

I've had one bust, and one star. I don't get "then potentially fizzle out the historical pattern of the 701 player agency."

It sucks that sball never updates on time.

Yeah that guy is a major dick.

But this draft class is turning out better than expected. Now to watch as I fall down everyone's draft boards as the season rolls on