Interview with AJ Williams

AJW

An interview with Ottawa Lynx player AJ Williams

VHL/M: Hello AJ, been a while, how have you been?

Williams: I have been great. After the season ended I have been working out and hitting the ice lots to get ready for the draft.

VHL/M: Good to hear you are working hard for the VHL draft. Speaking of the draft, where do you think you will go? Do you have a favourite team in mind?

Williams: I hope to go in the top 10. I put out a statement that I want to play in the VHL next season and I hope the VHL GMs saw it and believe that I am ready to play. I loved the VHLM with Ottawa but I am ready for the big leagues. For a favourite team, I do not really have one. Seattle messaged me a little while back and they have been the only one to do so, so I guess they are my favourite right now.

VHL/M: We definitely saw your statement. Why do you think you are ready for the VHL? You're a young prospect and there are a lot of talented players already in that league.

Williams: Everyone starts somewhere. I know I will be going into the league as the young guy but I hope one day I can be in the same class as the "talented players". I love the game of hockey and I want to work my butt off to be one the best to play it. 

VHL/M: That is a great attitude. Final question for you AJ, keeping this short and sweet, what are your plans once you enter the VHL?

Williams: I have a couple plans in mind. First of all, I want to win a Continenal Cup with whatever team I end up on. I also hope I never get traded, I want to fall in love with whichever team drafts me and eventually be a key part to that team. I want to be a leader and someone that younger guys can look up to. I just want to be remembered for good when I am gone from the league.

VHL/M: Great stuff, I am sure many GMs will love to hear that. Thank you for your time AJ and best of luck in the S79 draft!

Williams: Thank you very much!

Edited by ajwllmsn

• AJW changed the title to Interview with AJ Williams