VHL Pokemon Showdown Tournament

Dom

VHL Pokemon Showdown Tournament

Hello VHL! I was thinking of making a pokemon showdown tournament on the forum. For those who are not familiar with Pokemon showdown, its a website where you can do pokemon battles including every generations and it is completely free! Look up here -> https://pokemonshowdown.com/

How would we do that? First, I would setup a discord for the tournament to make it easier to schedule a game with your opponents and make a few helpful channels.

The rules:

- The format used would be the OU tier. For more infos, please look at this link https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/ou/

- It is double battles

- a round is only 1 game to make it easier to find a time when both opponents can battle.

- Being good is really not needed, everyone is welcome!

- Respect is needed

- You make your own team (There will be a channel for team building help)

Please take in consideration that this is my first time setting this up which means there will most likely be a few issues and maybe a few changes if needed. If someone is interested in helping managing this, I am interested in getting a volunteer or two.

I you would like to apply for the tournament, please post it in this thread! The tournament will only happen if I get enough applications!

Discord

Edited by Domg5

4 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Gen 8 AND double battles? 🤢

I'd still play tho

Actually its not really gen 8, its every gens as long it respect the OU tier

5 minutes ago, Domg5 said:

Actually its not really gen 8, its every gens as long it respect the OU tier

Yeah I know how it works, but it means that the Dynamax mechanic is in and we're limited to the Galar Dex

5 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Yeah I know how it works, but it means that the Dynamax mechanic is in and we're limited to the Galar Dex

I didn’t think about the limited dex.. maybe it would be worth changing it for gen 7? 🤔

12 hours ago, omgitshim said:

Dynamax is banned in OU anyway.

Orly

I haven't played OU consistently since gen 6 so I figured it would just match up with the mega evos

On 7/8/2021 at 8:07 AM, Enorama said:

Orly

I haven't played OU consistently since gen 6 so I figured it would just match up with the mega evos

I'm just going by what the link in the OP said about OU. The only "competitive" pokemon I've done was one Christmas themed tournament on SA back in gen 4.

If you need an extra body to make things even I'll give this a go as long as it works in my schedule.