Upcoming free agents

Red

There's pretty sizable crop of upcoming free agents this off season who could all make huge contributions to a number of different teams in the seasons to come. Among those include the Warsaw duo who led the predators to there first ever continental cup this season as well as former top scorer Andrew Su. Below I'm going to outline the most interesting players heading into free agency and where I think they could end up.

Dakota Lamb

This will not be the first time Dakota has tested free agency as he had done so once before in his career where he made the decision to stay with Warsaw. He has been the cornerstone piece for this franchise ever since bursting on to the scene winning ROTY with 90 points. His production since then has been consistent scoring at a point per game and over for the entirety of his career since tallying a total of 439 points and 360 games which could make him a great hall of fame candidate. Whether he stays or goes will I think depend on whether he gets hired for Warsaw GM, Which I think we can all agree is probably going to happen.

With that said I believe Lamb will sign with.

Spoiler

The Warsaw Predators

Aloe Dear

After signing a two season extension with the Predators the last time Dear was available the now VHL leading scorer will look for a potential pay raise after a dominant season. After having so much success with Warsaw the past two season putting up more than 100 points in both I would doubt Dear would want to leave unless there's a desire for a new challenge following a switch in GM's. As for possible destinations HC Davos has a lot of room to sign new players if Aloe Dear is interested in finishing last. As for other teams it's hard to tell so im gonna guess again that Aloe Dear will stay with the

Spoiler

The Warsaw Predators

Andrew Su

Andrew Sus is a really interesting player as he is coming off of a bit of a down year with Calgary after dominating the league with Vancouver in seasons prior. Su has one season left before hanging up the skates and calling it a career meaning he should want to finish with a bang after what he's done so far. His 625 points in 504 games are the highest among his draft class and he'll want to make sure it stays that way for his final season to solidify his status as a hall of famer. As for places he could end up Vancouver is an option that could entice him since he experienced the most success over there, they also have the cap space which is slightly important. Davos and New York will also have the cap space to make the move however Su's history with the wolves makes me believe that he will make a return to 

Spoiler

The Vancouver Wolves

501 words

Review

Free agent prognostication! This is one of my favorite parts of the off-season, and perhaps even moreso this season since both dlamb and I are up to go to different teams. I think it's interesting that you've thrown several factors into play, e.g. Lamb's current GM candidacy and Su's prior stint with Vancouver as motivations for their likely future destinations. But I also would've liked to see some more consideration for teams that would be willing to offload some players to rebuilding teams so that more options outside of Davos & NY could be considered. Overall, I think this is a good start and I'm excited to see what you do with future FA options. :) 

Cool concept I like the spoiler add as that made some curiosity as a reader. Good format well written. I liked this idea a lot and I feel myself FA is something that doesn’t get that big attention here in VHL on to who signs where etc. But great article 9/10