Lloyd Light potential draft destinations

scoop

Hey guys, I about to do something like you've never seen. You are probably aware that Lloyd Light, my newest player, is a part of the S40 draft (and if you didn't, now  you do). So what I'm going to do here is discuss how I feel about potentially playing for each team and the likelihood that they would end up drafting me. Enjoy!

Calgary Wranglers

Interest: 6/10

Likelihood: 2%

Calgary is in a bit of an iffy spot if they don't collect during free agency next off-season. They have a few good star players in the making with Yamazaki and Brookside, while Boychuk has also shown much promise. I want to be drafted by a team that has a bright future, and with Calgary holding no first round picks in the next two drafts, and not really having much to trade to acquire any, their future is unclear. It does help my interest that they have Edwin Encarnacion on the team, however the chances that they draft me are low. Currently, the earlier they will be picking in the S40 draft is with New York's 2nd round pick, so unless they were to acquire a first round pick (or possibly an early 2nd if I slip), there's no way I would end up on the team. Plus they already have a few solid defensemen and need more help up front.

New York Americans

Interest: 8/10

Likelihood: 9%

Obviously I have a history with New York, and while I wanted to spend some time away from them with Toriyama, I wouldn't mind making a return to the team. They are also in a good spot, right now, which makes them even more desirable. They are set up for the present and the future. They have a good base of S39 players with Boomgaarden, Denise, and Keeler. Their goalie will be gone before or as I am hitting my prime, which could be a concern, but they have proven they can work through a rebuild very quickly. The only pick that New York currently holds that might be able to get me is their own first, but if things go as expected and they reach the finals, I think they would have to trade up to get me, but in this draft, it is definitely a possibility that I slip to the end of the first round.

Quebec City Meute

Likelihood: 21%

I like Frank, and they have a good-looking future. They'd be getting competitive right along with when I'm getting good. I believe they will be acquiring Riga's S40 1st, so they'll have their own plus that. I probably won't make top three pick, but I could potentially go to them at Riga's pick if they do  acquire it and it is somewhere from six to ten.

Seattle Bears

Interest: 4/10

Likelihood: 10%

My time as GM of New York trained me to dislike Seattle, and Bushito's first stint as GM in this league makes me question him a bit, but I don't know the story of what happened during the end of it, so I can't judge him too much. Seattle is working towards a rebuild, but they still have a little bit to go. They'll probably be looking to draft a goalie such as Gunnar Skovsgard before me, which would occupy their first round pick. If Skovsgard were to not be available or they weren't interested in him, I do believe the Bears' 1st, likely 5th or 7th overall, could be used to pick me.

Toronto Legion

Interest: 7/10

Likelihood: 3%

I've never had a player on the Legion, and  I like Edgar, so I wouldn't mind going there. They are working on getting the pieces to get out of their rebuild. They have some in place, but still have a ways to go like the Bears. I won't be Toronto's first round pick, as they'll have a top three that would most likely be used on one of the top three players or Skovsgard, as they are one of the teams in need of a goalie. The only way I could see me going to them is if they were to trade for a mid-late first round pick.

And now for a half-assed European Conference...

Cologne Express

Interest: 9/10

Likelihood: 10%

I like green. If they pick 4th, it's possible that I could be the pick, but others will also be worthy.

HC Davos Dynamo

Interest: 6/10

Likelihood: 16%

They'll be moving out of contention as I am entering the league, so it won't be good for my schedule. The rebuild would take some time, so there are a lot of variables now, and there will be in the future, surrounding them. Davos is, though, one of the teams that I like to see do well, as they were might first team and I've won two championships with them. Their first will likely be somewhere from six to ten, where I could certainly be available.

Helsinki Titans

Likelihood: 17%

Another team I haven't played for at all. STZ is great and they have a good-looking future. They have Calgary's first, which will be in the 5-8 range, a very possible landing spot for myself.

Riga Reign

Interest: 1/10

Likelihood: 4%

My first couple of seasons with them could be marked by team success, but as I am hitting my prime, they will be hitting a rebuild. Plus, I'm currently on Vasteras, so I'm not allowed to have any interest in these guys. They currently have their first round pick, but that'll be  going to Quebec most likely, so chances are they won't be in a position to pick me.

Vasteras Iron Eagles

Interest: 5/10

Likelihood: 8%

Because I've been playing for them for the past few seasons, I'd like to change it up a bit. Plus they are not going to be good when I'm good, most likely. They have their own first, but it's going to be 10th overall, and I'll probably be gone by then.

It does help my interest that they have Edwin Encarnacion on the team,

prowlerslogo.jpgWas this the last time we were on the same team? It's been too long!

Unless it is.

Well that depends on if you've, like me, wiped out the memory of ISL V2. Jean-Ralphio!

But asides from that, yes I think that's the last time.