Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

Press conference

Season 1 Vikings GIF by HISTORY

For week ending April 24 2022.

1. Preseason is starting, how are you feeling finally getting some hockey in?

2. Do you feel like preseason standings are an important indicator on how the teams will perform this season? why or why not?

3. Are there any players you have a rivalry with? if not is there anyone you would want to start one with? 

4. We have a super young team, do you think this is a big advantage during the second half of the season?

5. What are three words to describe your play style?

6. Do you want to become a fan favourite here in Stockholm or would you rather be a lowkey type of player? Explain?

Press conference

Nervous, As this is a huge jump up from last season playing my first few games as a pro in the VHLM to dressing in the VHLE this season. I am happy that we had a long off-season and now preseason games to help me adjust to the league a bit better. I am as prepared as I am ever going to be for this jump. 

2. Do you feel like preseason standings are an important indicator on how the teams will perform this season? why or why not?

No, This will be a time for managers to try different things and play around with a few different team strategy and line combos. While getting an easy morale boost is really nice; it doesn`t matter in the long run. Only making the playoff really matters in the end.

3. Are there any players you have a rivalry with? if not is there anyone you would want to start one with? 

This could be the shortest answer to any question asked but I am good a words stretching so simple put no & no as I tend to focus on my own game and the teams game so it doesn`t matter who we are playing. I do my job, the team does it job and we should be victorious.

4. We have a super young team, do you think this is a big advantage during the second half of the season?

I would like to think so since as we all develop and improve as individual so should the team. Make the playoff is the goal I have set for the team as I think we will be better placed heading into the playoffs then we will be at the start of the season. Only time will tell.

No Play Style!! Reason being the fact that I am still very much developing my game so today I might seem to be playing one way or one style but next week I could be very much playing differently. This is all down to experience, developing and ability all changing at my young age. Only hope that you don`t plateau too early and have too many off days in the development path. It will take season before I have a actaully defined style.  

6. Do you want to become a fan favourite here in Stockholm or would you rather be a lowkey type of player? Explain?

I am not sure how long my stay in the VHLE or here in Stockholm is going to be as this will be determined by my development through the season. I think I am beig drafted next season into both the VHL & VHLE so it will be interesting to see where I am drafted. If drafted in Stockholm then I am more or likely be a fan favorite but I tend to be a lowkey player as I like to do my job then go home happy if the team won more then if I score or assist anything.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:04 AM, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

1. Well, I'm responding to this just after the start of the season, and things are going well!

2. No, not at all. STHS knows they aren't serious and will give people false hopes.

3. No, and I think Napoleon might want to start a rivalry with Kisslinger.

4. I think it will be tough, depending on how our training goes.

5. Fast, Aggressive, Accurate

6. Well, my player is currently in Bratislava, so if I become a fan favorite in Stockholm then we have a problem lol.

Press conference

For week ending May 1st 2022.

1. We have been off to a nice start of the season!! What do you think the main reason is?

2. Do you have any season goals for your player?

3. If you could describe your players play style, what would it be?

4. What is more important to you, individual success or team success? 
5. How has the city of Stockholm treated your player?

6. What is your players ideal breakfast?

For week ending May 1st 2022.

1. We have been off to a nice start of the season!! What do you think the main reason is?

And you jinxed us now haven`t you!! I really should use that axe on you!! Yes, It was a good start to the season and the main reason was good close game where we simply got the bounces to go our way. Now the opposite is happening so hopefully with a bit more luck and some hard work we can turn around this ho hum record. 

2. Do you have any season goals for your player?

Simple answer is no. I am a team player and I am aiming for the team to make the playoff. Once in the playoffs anything can happen.

3. If you could describe your players play style, what would it be?

I think you asked this question in the past few weeks and the answer is still the same since I started the season with an offensive mind set needing to learn to play a bit more defense. Since asking the question the first time I have become more defensive.

4. What is more important to you, individual success or team success? 

Team success as I always want some individual success that usually comes if the team as a whole is playing well. Hockey is a team sport and the support of your team mates matter more then one individual success or talent. This is way NHL teams like Toronto & Edmonton will always struggle when it comes to playoff success; players have placed individual success, money etc... ahead of the team and the teams ability to build depth required for an actual Cup run.

5. How has the city of Stockholm treated your player?

Came to Stockholm late since signing as free agent this season so I haven`t been able to see too much of the city since I am focused on training and teams success. Overall it is a nice city and everyone has been super nice.

6. What is your players ideal breakfast?

Food!! I am a classic farm boy type of guy so I like my three eggs any style, bacon, ham, sausage, hash-browns and toast. You can keep the fancy fruit stuff as I have no need for it.

Press conference

For week ending May 8 2022.

1. What has the season so far taught you about your player?

2. What is your favourite drill in practice and why?

3. If you could use three words to describe how your player is feeling about this season what would they be?

4. Is your players family happy that they are a professional hockey player?

5. What do you do to keep focused on the season?

6. Has your player received any sponsorships? If so what are they?

Press conference

For week ending May 8 2022.

1. What has the season so far taught you about your player?

What I have learned about my player this season has been the simple fact that he belongs in the VHLE and I think the direction that I am taking the player will workout to benefit the player in the long run. He won`t be a points killer as I am developing an two way defender but he will hold his own when it comes towards assists. Maybe not so much on the goal front.

2. What is your favourite drill in practice and why?

Passing drills and flow movement drills through the neutral zone. Learning to have the ability to make a first good pass will lead to more offensive opportunities for the whole line while catching the defenders off guard. I also like the defensive zone coverage drills where I get to battle hard in the corners against the older and more experienced players on the roster and being able to stop them from getting to the net with the puck. 

3. If you could use three words to describe how your player is feeling about this season what would they be?

Being a team player, It has been disappoint season to date as we are currently sitting out of play-off spot looking in. This is never a good feeling as you want to have the chance at lifting the cup at the end of the season so I hope we keep your current trend of collecting points and we close the gap for a play-off spot. Otherwise it will be a very long off season again!!

4. Is your players family happy that they are a professional hockey player?

Interesting question and never one that I ever thought about really!! My father and grandfather both played hockey so I am guessing that they aren`t completely surprised I took up the game but it is one thing to play the game yourself versus watching someone else play the game especially if they take a big hit or get injured. This might be a question that I ask them this off season but not something I can dwell on at the moment. 

5. What do you do to keep focused on the season?

Another good question, I tend to focus day to day on the games that we are playing and the overall results of the team rather then my own results. It might be sad but I know if I focus on the doing my best during practice and the games regardless then I can be proud of the teams results. I think I learned this from my dad since he had poor stats in the early stage of his career while playing on some very strong teams in Prague and compared to the end when he was expected to carry the team from a stats aspect; he claims he had stay even without focusing too much on things out of his control. Like ice time, team mates etc.... as you can only control what you can control and in most cases that is your self. So in short I focus on my own development while also focusing on the team results. We win and lose as a team.

6. Has your player received any sponsorships? If so what are they?

Nope, nothing yet since I am an amateur still I am also not going to collect any sponsorship deals until I am a Pro player in the VHL. I think a sponsorship deal might actually distract players so even then I will need to strongly consider it and believe in the product before I accept a deal or not. I am guessing this comes about due to Clue products? I can answer that these are not for me!! 

Press conference

For week ending May 15 2022.

1. What is your players favourite activity to do other than hockey?

2. Does your player have a favourite dish they have tried while in Stockholm? if so what is it?

3. Has your player been dealing with any injuries this season? if so what are they?

4. What has been your favourite part about living in Stockholm?

5. Have you met any fans or attended any meet and greets?

6. What is your players jersey number? does that number have any meaning to you? 

4 hours ago, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

1. What is your players favorite activity to do other than hockey? I like to watch other sports like baseball and basketball. 

2. Does your player have a favorite dish they have tried while in Stockholm? if so what is it? Pea Soup and Pancakes are surprisingly delicious in Stockholm. It's been my favorite dish so far.

3. Has your player been dealing with any injuries this season? if so what are they? Nope, I've been healthy throughout my first few seasons in this league. 

4. What has been your favorite part about living in Stockholm? The music has been top-tier ever since I arrived in Stockholm. My favorite song is "To Be Alone With You" - by Bob Dylan. 

5. Have you met any fans or attended any meet and greets? I've met fans just in Stockholm. I haven't done any meet and greets yet. i plan to do that in the off-season. 

6. What is your players jersey number? does that number have any meaning to you?  My jersey number is 23 because it reminds of legends like Michael Jordan and LeBron James. 

Press conference

1. What is your players favourite activity to do other than hockey?

Well, Interesting choice of questioning this week as I just taught my favorite activities in my English class here in Japan and majority of people will actually answer these types of questions incorrectly as they will list different activities but never actually mention their preferred activity. As @xNJDevilsFanx actually does above. My player likes to watch different sports from F1, Basketball, baseball and soccer with his favorite being soccer.

2. Does your player have a favourite dish they have tried while in Stockholm? if so what is it?

He has tried a few different dishes from kottbullar, Rakmacka and Semla but being from Canada his favorite is Smulpaj; an very nice fruit crumble. 

3. Has your player been dealing with any injuries this season? if so what are they?

As far as I am aware my player hasn`t been dealing with any injuries or at least they haven`t been reported to the players agency office at the time of this press conference. That doesn`t mean he hasn`t had the normal bangs and bruise that comes with playing hockey at a high level as I am sure someone has caught him with a stick or a puck found the soft spot when blocking a shot.

4. What has been your favourite part about living in Stockholm?

Most would say the blonde chicks that they see walking down the streets; which the woman are nice to look at but you can find hot woman all over the world so would be a reason to come live in Stockholm. Now the cool weather is nice as I am not a huge fan of hot or humid weather that makes you feel uncomfortable or sticky all the time so weather is actually fairly nice as it is similar to Canada. His favorite part of living in Stockholm has been the food.

5. Have you met any fans or attended any meet and greets?

I like to spend time connecting with the fans as much as I can and that isn`t always something that we are able to accomplish as we travel a lot for the games and practices but I like to spend a bit of time after the games or practices to sign signatures and greet the fans. As one the of leaders of the team I am also active with the local Children Hospitals as have had a few meet and greets aranged at Martina and Sachsska barnsjukhuset Södersjukhuset. It has been a huge honor to play for Stockholm this season as an under-aged player skipping the VHLM draft and also being selected as part of the leadership group so if in anyway that I can repay the managements then I am happy to help even if it a small jester as a meet and greet with fans or children.

6. What is your players jersey number? does that number have any meaning to you? 

He selected to wear jersey 48 as a nod to the upcoming draft of season 84 but didn`t want to actually wear the number they are going to be drafted in like some of the other players have started actually doing from McDavid or Crosby; this doesn`t mean he wont wear the number in the VHL but with it being a slightly different season he wanted to have the numbers represented in a slightly different way so he flipped them to make 48 instead of 84.

Press conference

For week ending May 22 2022.

1. what is one experience from this season that you will remember for the rest of your career?

2. Are you looking forward to your player being in the VHL?

3. Does your player have a favourite video game? What is it if so?

4. How does Stockholm compare to the other cities you have played for? 
5. Are you proud of your season so far?

6. What is your favourite snack of all time 

For week ending May 22 2022.

1. what is one experience from this season that you will remember for the rest of your career?

Something I already knew but was reinforced this season; it doesn`t matter how good you are or how good you play if the team as whole isn`t playing well. It is a team sport and you win and lose as at team.

2. Are you looking forward to your player being in the VHL?

Tough questions since while the goal is the VHL and having an successful career. I really haven`t decided my plans for next season yet as I should be around 360TPE by the end of the season and depending on who drafts Pierre Emile Bouchard will go a long way to determine if he will be playing in the VHL next season or if I look to stay in the VHLE for another season. I am assuming at this moment I will be heading to the VHL at this point and time. It is always an interesting time when you are heading into your draft season.

3. Does your player have a favourite video game? What is it if so?

Transportation Fever but it takes a lot of time to play so with having a family I haven`t played it as much as I would like. I really liked World of Tanks before it became World of Tanks but that seems like a different time ago. Oh, I missed the second part of the question trying to figure out different ways of moving goods via train network that I build to where they need to go. Transportation Fever is a lot easier then Transportation fever so I am still a classic guy and haven`t moved to the new game yet.

4. How does Stockholm compare to the other cities you have played for? 

Much more history and way more beautiful then Saskatoon. Saskatoon is also a bit landlocked and I like the sea so Stockholm is just a bit better then Saskatoon.

5. Are you proud of your season so far?

It has been a surprising season as I didn`t plan on skipping the VHLM this season until I was given the chance then I expected to be a role or depth player on any team that I signed with. So being named an assistant to also leading the team in score for part of the season has been just a complete shocker but in a good way. Bit more hopeful that we would have made the play-offs but it looks like we are all but done for the season with only a handful of games remaining.

6. What is your favourite snack of all time 

Another good question and I am going to answer with something I couldn`t stop eating so always had a rule for someone to take the bag way from me after about 5mins of me starting to eat; Chocolate Jube jubes. Now that I am living over seas I am luck since I cannot find them any where. I miss my cheap snack from Walmart Joes Chocolate Jubes but I am healther for not having them in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Press conference

For week ending June 5 2022.

1. This is the first time Stockholm missed the playoffs, what do you think went wrong this season? 

2. Do you participate in any of the offseason tournaments? Do you think they make you a better player?

3. Is your player an early riser or a night owl? Does this affect your playing at all?

4. Have you learned any Swedish while being in Stockholm?

5. What are your plans for the off-season? Are you staying in Stockholm to train or are you going to take a break and go on a vacation?

6. What are three words you can use to describe this season?

Press conference

For week ending June 5 2022.

1. This is the first time Stockholm missed the playoffs, what do you think went wrong this season? 

Tough to say since I actually thought we had a very good team this season that was going to challenge a bit more for the play-offs but in the end a team sometime needs to take a step back before the team can take another step forward. The core is returning next season so I am sure Stockholm will be well placed to make another streak of play-off appearance starting next season.

2. Do you participate in any of the offseason tournaments? Do you think they make you a better player?

Off season tournament are not my cup of tea. I like to work more on the skill side of the game during the early part of the off season; anything that I might have identified needed to be addressed while resting the body from the long season. Towards  the middle of the off season (Two or three weeks in depending in the length of the off-season) to switch focus to strength and conditioning; again focus placed on areas of weakness while building on the strengths I already poised. Later part I switch back to skill and timing drills so that I am rested but have the pace to start the new season rather then relying on training camp.

3. Is your player an early riser or a night owl? Does this affect your playing at all?

Night owl all the way and yes; this can affect the games if they are afternoon games since I have a routine that I like to follow and if something messes with the routine then it can throw my game off. This means I need to change my schedule for these game to make them feel more like a night game if possible to limit the effects. It not like I am out partying all night just it takes time to unwind at the end of a long day of hockey.

4. Have you learned any Swedish while being in Stockholm?

Sexig!! Is what all the girls stated when I walked by after the game with only a towel wrapped around my waist so I learned real quick what that meant. Sounds the same in Swedish as English though so I am not sure that counts. Best one I learned if the other guy doesn`t know any Swedish is, Han Betalar. It means you don`t have to pay for a lot of things when with the guys!! LOL!

5. What are your plans for the off-season? Are you staying in Stockholm to train or are you going to take a break and go on a vacation?

I am heading home back to Montreal to train since I am not sure where I am going to play next season yet. Being drafted in the VHL and the VHLE this season is going to be exciting and depending on where I am drafted will determine where I play next season. I really haven`t put too much though into the draft as it a bit out of my control. All I can control is being prepared for the start of next season be it in the VHLE or in the VHL.

6. What are three words you can use to describe this season?

Unexpectedly different experience - from skipping the VHLM to play in the VHLE with Stockholm being one of a few different teams to offer contracts being named assistant in the first season with the team as an under-aged player, leading the team in points most of the season, weird goal scoring habit on the power-play and general feel of comfort in the locker room. It was a good season and as stated an unexpectedly different expereicne then I have had previously playing hockey. 

• 3 weeks later...

Press conference

For week ending July 3rd 2022

1. What are your expectations for our team this season? 
2. What are your personal goals for this season?

3. What type of player is your player? Playmaker? sniper?

4. What does it mean to be a Stockholm Viking to you?

5. Who is your favourite nhl player? Current or past?

6.what is your ideal sandwhich?

Press conference

For week ending July 10 2022

1. How do you think your player is playing this far? 
2. what has been the most surprising part of the season so far?

3. What do you think about playing in the E? Was it something you were looking forward to?

4. What is your favourite nhl team?

5. Who do you think has the best logo in the E? Why do you think that?

6. does your player model their game after any other player? If so who if not who are they like?

Edited by Kisslinger

1 hour ago, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

For week ending July 10 2022

1. How do you think your player is playing this far? 
2. what has been the most surprising part of the season so far?

3. What do you think about playing in the E? Was it something you were looking forward to?

4. What is your favourite nhl team?

5. Who do you think has the best logo in the E? Why do you think that?

6. does your player model their game after any other player? If so who if not who are they like?

1. Right about where I'd expect, putting up 3rd line type numbers.

2. The E seems very competitive. It's early, but the gap between the top and bottom teams is not very big.

3. Yeah, I'm excited to try it out, get a chance to experience a fairly new part of the league, meet some new people.

4. I have the unfortunate fortune of supporting the mighty Canucks of Vancouver.

5. All of the logos are great. I'd say either the Watchmen or the Red Wolves are my favourite.

6. Bo Horvat I guess? Strong two way center, not a bruiser but not shy about physical play, can kill penalties, not the fastest skater.

Press conference

For week ending July 17 2022

1. Who on the team has impressed you this season? 

2. Has your player been traveling around Stockholm? Any favourite places?

3. What motivates your player to play hockey? 

4. What are some of your irl hobbies?

5. What is your players favourite tv show and why?

6. Does your player prefer day practice or night practice? What are the benefits to them? 

On 7/12/2022 at 9:00 PM, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

For week ending July 17 2022

1. Who on the team has impressed you this season? 

2. Has your player been traveling around Stockholm? Any favourite places?

3. What motivates your player to play hockey? 

4. What are some of your irl hobbies?

5. What is your players favourite tv show and why?

6. Does your player prefer day practice or night practice? What are the benefits to them? 

1. 😬 Not sure? The game index bot on discord hasn't been working for a while so I haven't been checking scores.

2. I'm embarrassed to admit that I know almost nothing about real life Stockholm. I'd love to learn more about it though.

3. The speed and intensity, the puck control, and most important the working together with your teammates at a fast pace.

4. I play recreational ice hockey, curling, and softball. I also enjoy video games and homemade pizza. Also a lot of (too much?) drinking.

5. Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future because it's the greatest television program of all time.

6. Morning skate for sure. Wake up, breakfast, head to the rink, grind out a hard practice, shower, then maybe team meeting/coaching session/film review, lunch with the team, then back home for an afternoon nap, back to the rink for snacks and dry land warm-up before suiting up and getting ready for the game.

Press conference

For week ending July 24 2022

1. Have you formed any friendships with anyone on the team this season? If so who?

2. What is your players work out routine?

3. As we are approaching the Trade deadline, is there anything you want to see done to the team?

4. If you could take the team out to eat anywhere, where would it be and why?

5. Does your player have any pre game rituals? If so what are they

6. what is your players best skill? 

On 7/20/2022 at 9:34 AM, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

For week ending July 24 2022

1. Have you formed any friendships with anyone on the team this season? If so who?

Not really no, everybody has been giving me props and it's kind of overwhelming. Sure by the end when the dust settles I can see who stood with me the most

2. What is your players work out routine?

Beats and bruises, I go until my body gives up. Pretty much hit up every spot in the gym

3. As we are approaching the Trade deadline, is there anything you want to see done to the team?

Don't really have any advice, just be smart. I do want to see @Mattylive3k lead the defenders though

4. If you could take the team out to eat anywhere, where would it be and why?

Somewhere cheap so I don't get asked again.. What was that chinese food by the clinic called again?

5. Does your player have any pre game rituals? If so what are they

Just lots of thinking, moments in my life help fuel me the most

6. what is your players best skill?

An extended gas tank

Cool presser by the way :)

Edited by Frozen Block

• 3 weeks later...

Press conference

For week ending August 14 2022

1.What was your players favourite memory of this season?

2. Did your player meet their expectations?

3. How do you feel we played as a team?

4. What do you think was our biggest upsides?

5. What do you think was our biggest downfall?

6. Did you have a good season?

On 8/8/2022 at 11:23 PM, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

For week ending August 14 2022

1.What was your players favourite memory of this season?

2. Did your player meet their expectations?

3. How do you feel we played as a team?

4. What do you think was our biggest upsides?

5. What do you think was our biggest downfall?

6. Did you have a good season?

1. Probably the games where my teams stepped up, last series Coiner was big for us, during the season Boogie held it down. Nice seeing teammates play a role to perfection

2.  Yes I feel like I met my goals exactly, two finals in a row!

3. My first answer answers this, our team was a wrecking ball and every line had something to do with each win. Kudos to Kaleeb for grinding it out and getting so many picks over the seasons

4. Oportune scoring, the team just didn't have enough shots

5. Not having many star players

6. Yeah I had a lot of fun this time around in all leagues. Cant wait to extend it into the VHL next season

Edited by Frozen Block

Press conference

For week ending August 21 2022

1. What does your player do in the off-season?

2. What was your overall experience as a

Stockholm Viking player like?

3. Does your player have any fun hobbies they do?

4. What is the best moment of your players career to date?

5. What do you think the VHL should do to make the off-season more fun ?

6. If you could have any player as a line mate, who would it be and why?

• 2 weeks later...

Floki Viking GIF - Floki Viking Vikings - Discover & Share GIFs

For week ending September 4th

1. Thad has moved on as GM to the New York Americans, how well do you think he will do in the role?

2. If Mr Duk returns for this season, he enters the season one goal short of the Vikings All-Time goals record, what celebration would you plan if he breaks this record?

3. The VHLE Playoff places have increased from 4 to 5, are you a fan of this change?

4. Which team do you think is the biggest threat to the Vikings this season?

5. What's your favourite Viking based piece of media (E.g. TV/Video Games/Etc.)

6. If you could add a city to be represented in the VHLE, which would it be?