Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

10 hours ago, scoop said:

1. The big news in Stockholm this weekend was the announcement of the Vikings' new General Manager, @twists. What's the biggest thing that he should know as he starts his tenure with the team?

The upper tier of players are probably less valuable than 'clickers' because you only have them for one good season. In any draft, two second round picks are probably going to be more valuable than first overall. I've never been a VHLE GM though.

2. Stockholm also welcomed some guy called @Doomsday as the new Assistant General Manager. One of his previous players, Jack Kowalski, was the first draft pick of the Stockholm Vikings during their VHL stint, and his current player, Oskar Lindbergh, played for the Vikings team during the very first games of the VHLE in the off-season tourney. Does this prior connection to the franchise have any meaning to you?

As someone who has had close connections to certain franchises myself, it's nice to see others care about things like that. Maybe you'll put a little more care into the team because it's Stockholm than you would if you were AGM for another team.

3. Current Stockholm defenseman Jacob Stone @scoop is projected to be the first overall pick in the Season 88 VHL Entry Draft. Do you think he makes the jump to the VHL right away, or does he have one more season left with the Vikings?

If I were to stay in the VHLE, I'm pretty sure I would actually go into the VHLE draft, since I was not drafted to Stockholm. Regardless, my intention is 100% to play in the VHL this season.

4. The Vikings don't have much in the way of draft picks this season, so in what way do you see Stockholm finding a way to improve from last season?

Honestly I have no idea. Somehow we just kept acquiring more and more players in the off-season last year and I don't know where they were coming from. Looks like the team just needs some of those defenseman free agents that are in the 280-310 TPE range. The forwards look better than last year, as a lot of the better players are still around. I think the core can together replace the loss of Bridges' offensive production.

5. What's something that in your opinion would make the VHLE a better experience?

My last suggestion for the VHLE was that the league just re-drafts every season, so I don't know if you want my opinions on the league. I don't know, given that I'm a max TPE earner, the VHLE is just essentially a second VHLM to me. I'm never going to be on a team longer than one season. Maybe an All Star Game. Whatever happened to All Star Games around here?

6. Boneless wings: are they real wings or just a fancy chicken nugget?

Boneless wings are neither wings nor nuggets. They are a different thing. I don't really care, but anyone who is going to disparage someone for eating boneless wings (or chicken nuggets or whatever) is an asshole, and you cant change my opinion on that.

Honestly appreciate an old timer's opinion on these things. Good luck in the VHL and I hope you kill it.

avJieZ4.png

1. Big news out of the VHL yesterday as the Vancouver Wolves traded up to second overall, and their rumored target, per VSN, is Stockholm's own Jacob Stone. If they should select him, it's very likely he would be a Viking again. What type of boost would it have for the team this season if this is indeed what happens?

2. Well, it happened. The Stockholm Vikings have no draft picks any longer in the VHLE Draft, as Twists and Doomsday will be spending this one on the sidelines. How do you think they'll spend draft night?

3. Way back when, when the Stockholm Vikings were in the VHL, their logo used red instead of the blue they use today. Which of the logos do you prefer?

4. Stockholm's Discord has been hopping lately, what makes it such a happening place?

5. Let's get a running bet going, folks: how long until Twists secures a movie date with Blazzer?

6. What is your favorite VHL player name that you have seen?

• 2 weeks later...

avJieZ4.png

1. Season 88 is finally upon us. What's your prediction for this season?

2. What new addition to Stockholm will make the biggest difference this season?

3. Twists approaches you and tells you're in charge of picking the theme song for the Season 88 Stockholm Vikings. What are you choosing?

4. What is your favorite emoji in the Stockholm Discord?

5. Twists liked your choice for the theme song, so now he's put you in charge of his date with Blazzer. What are your big plans for it?

6. What is the dumbest VHL player name you've ever seen?

2 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

3. Twists approaches you and tells you're in charge of picking the theme song for the Season 88 Stockholm Vikings. What are you choosing?

5. Twists liked your choice for the theme song, so now he's put you in charge of his date with Blazzer. What are your big plans for it?

1. I predict that we will at least get to the playoffs

2. I'm not exactly sure, but I'm sure the free agents and draftees will make an impact

3. Valhalla calling me by Miracle of Sound

4. Definitely the pepe fridge one

5. if it is a romantic one, can't beat a nice trip to a steakhouse

6. "The Board Game Clue On Skates" I guess

2 hours ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. No prediction since I’m not trying to jinx anything

2. I will say the addition of some of the prospects will help with the playoff run

3. Feel invincible by skillet 

4.I don’t use emojis too much….

5.  If it’s a romantic date, I would say a trip to Hells Kitchen is a always a good time

6. no clue tbh…

16 hours ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. If I take an honest guess, I'd say round 2 of playoffs. It's gonna depend who I can pick up off of FA. If I can score some decent FAs we've definitely got a shot at the cup

2. We have a couple members that were supposed to go up to the VHL, but ended up getting one more year with us. Absolutely huge, I'm not going to waste this oppurtunity

3. Ghosttown - Yung Lean (dude is from Stockholm and this song/rap is just about it)

4. Fridge. Hands down, that was the rarest pepe I found while looking for emojis

5. I am not legally able to answer this question

6. ANALFIST

avJieZ4.png

1. Stockholm is red hot to start the season!! What do you think is the key reason the Vikings look as great as they do right now?

2. What player do you feel is flying under the radar right now, but deserves more credit for the Vikings' strong play?

3. When you reach the VHL, what type of situation will you find yourself in to begin your pro career?

4. What is a sport that is not currently an Olympic event (winter or summer) that you think really should be?

5. Do you prefer a quiet, laid-back workplace or a noisy, busy one?

6. What defunct VHL or VHLM franchise really should come back when the time is right?

15 hours ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. Stockholm is red hot to start the season!! What do you think is the key reason the Vikings look as great as they do right now?

2. What player do you feel is flying under the radar right now, but deserves more credit for the Vikings' strong play?

3. When you reach the VHL, what type of situation will you find yourself in to begin your pro career?

4. What is a sport that is not currently an Olympic event (winter or summer) that you think really should be?

6. What defunct VHL or VHLM franchise really should come back when the time is right?

1. I would say that teamwork and synergy is a key reason. But I also have to give credit to the teams top players who are just playing at their best right now. 

2. I honestly have to say Thor. I mean he’s gotten a point in some way or form with almost every person on this team. 

3. no clue yet, I have still at least one more season in the VHLE before moving up.

4. honestly I don’t know. 

5. a mix of both. 

6. don’t know if any tbh 

On 4/11/2023 at 8:49 AM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. We share the love when it comes to scoring and don't just have one star carrying everyone

2. Probably Thor, he's been involved a lot in scoring

3. A rebuilding Malmo team

4. skateboarding if the X Games don't count

5. A quiet one easily

6. I'm unfortunately not familiar enough with defunct franchises to answer 

avJieZ4.png

1. Despite a three game losing streak going into Monday, the Vikings' 33 points is still good for first place in the VHLE. What can Stockholm do to maintain this position?

2. What VHLE team poses the biggest threat to the Vikings in your opinion?

3. After scoring 71 points last season, Don Aven leads the VHLE in assists with 21 and is tied for first in points with 31 after just 22 games. How many points does he reach this season?

4. Which artist most deserves to have a Ninja Turtle named after them?

5. What's the weirdest instrument you've ever seen played during a live performance?

6. What do you believe is the most sensual of all the cured meats?

On 4/17/2023 at 1:00 PM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. Despite a three game losing streak going into Monday, the Vikings' 33 points is still good for first place in the VHLE. What can Stockholm do to maintain this position?

2. What VHLE team poses the biggest threat to the Vikings in your opinion?

3. After scoring 71 points last season, Don Aven leads the VHLE in assists with 21 and is tied for first in points with 31 after just 22 games. How many points does he reach this season?

4. Which artist most deserves to have a Ninja Turtle named after them?

5. What's the weirdest instrument you've ever seen played during a live performance?

6. What do you believe is the most sensual of all the cured meats?

1. Just keep improving and doing what we do best

2. Probably Rome or Geneva because of how close they are to us in the standings.

3. I'm gonna be optimistic and say 81

4. Picasso, easily.

5. The recorder. Hated that thing.

6. Ham for me. Love a good ham.

avJieZ4.png

1. With 40 games played and the VHLE season past the halfway point, Stockholm is in the middle of the pack with a 24-15-1 record and 49 points, good for fourth. However, the first place Geneva Rush, with 56 points, are within striking distance. What do the Vikings need to do to close the gap in the final 32 games of the season?

2. Don Aven and Logan Foley have been the two primary offensive weapons for the Vikings, but who is someone that you can see stepping up to support them?

3. Theme Week is here, and this season's theme is Retro! What's your favorite VHL memory?

4. What do you think the most difficult job to have in the VHL community is?

5. Simon T's Hockey Simulator (STHS), the engine the VHL uses, is notorious for a number of issues and inconsistencies. If you could magically fix one of them, what would it be?

6. What is your preferred medium of art?

28 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. With 40 games played and the VHLE season past the halfway point, Stockholm is in the middle of the pack with a 24-15-1 record and 49 points, good for fourth. However, the first place Geneva Rush, with 56 points, are within striking distance. What do the Vikings need to do to close the gap in the final 32 games of the season?

2. Don Aven and Logan Foley have been the two primary offensive weapons for the Vikings, but who is someone that you can see stepping up to support them?

3. Theme Week is here, and this season's theme is Retro! What's your favorite VHL memory?

4. What do you think the most difficult job to have in the VHL community is?

5. Simon T's Hockey Simulator (STHS), the engine the VHL uses, is notorious for a number of issues and inconsistencies. If you could magically fix one of them, what would it be?

6. What is your preferred medium of art?

1. Just improve on what we have been doing and start a winning streak

2. Anyone can step up, but I see Ivan doing it

3. Winning the E cup with the Vasteras Iron Eagles

4. Ether simmer or Commissioner

5. Stop all the big blowouts and actually make goalies better

6. Ether video game art or paintings 

avJieZ4.png

1. On Sunday morning, news broke of a trade sending Don Aven and John Richards to Cologne, sending a 2nd and 4th back to Stockholm. Who will step up with those two being moved on?

2. On a two-game winning streak, the Vikings currently sit in fifth place with 58 points. With 20 games to go, Stockholm is 9 points behind Oslo and 7 points ahead of Istanbul. Where do you see Stockholm ending up in the standings?

3. With Season 90 prospects now entering the fold, who do you see being a quality pick for the Vikings down the road?

4. Summer is just around the corner in the Northern Hemisphere! What's your favorite food to make on the grill?

5. What's your go-to to get through the dreaded "afternoon wall?"

6. Mike Milbury just burst into your current location with a shoe, the closest object to your right is what you have to defend yourself with. How screwed are you?

7 hours ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. On Sunday morning, news broke of a trade sending Don Aven and John Richards to Cologne, sending a 2nd and 4th back to Stockholm. Who will step up with those two being moved on?

2. On a two-game winning streak, the Vikings currently sit in fifth place with 58 points. With 20 games to go, Stockholm is 9 points behind Oslo and 7 points ahead of Istanbul. Where do you see Stockholm ending up in the standings?

3. With Season 90 prospects now entering the fold, who do you see being a quality pick for the Vikings down the road?

4. Summer is just around the corner in the Northern Hemisphere! What's your favorite food to make on the grill?

6. Mike Milbury just burst into your current location with a shoe, the closest object to your right is what you have to defend yourself with. How screwed are you?

1. Our own @WildfireMicro will definitely be stepping up. I think it'll be nicer for some of the second year E players to get a chance early to be on top lines too.

2. I wish I knew....STHS makes no sense to me.

3. Certainly not elite defensive talent Yaboi Oven. Why would even dare use our first on him next draft 👀

4. Brats, there's just nothing like a good brat with some mustard on a summer day. I've been debating getting a charcoal grill too.

5. I log on to the forums and see what the current happenings are. I've been stupid busy with work, life, and injuries currently though so I haven't had time for an afternoon wall lol.

6. I have a lint roller. I am not sure how this will help me, but I'll be damned if I don't roll the shit out of Milbury

On 5/2/2023 at 7:53 AM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. I'd like to believe my player Logan Foley will step up in their absence

2. Unfortunately I see us middle of the pack or lower

3. Unfortunately I have not taken a look at those prospects so I do not know

4. My dad likes to make pork chops and Italian sausage

5. I guess I just steel myself and try my best to get through it

6. I guess I can knock him out with a coffee cup?

avJieZ4.png

1. Final week of the regular season, and Stockholm is just two points shy of fourth place, although Rome has a game in hand. Can we overtake the Gladiators?

2. Logan Foley has emerged as the new points king for the Vikings, with 68 points in 65 games. He recently dropped a five assist game, but do you think he can pull out a hat trick as well?

3. If the team was suddenly forced to compete in a different sport, which one do you think they'd be the most successful at?

4. Which VHL member would make the best world leader?

5. What's a really underrated life skill that you possess?

6. Which VHL/VHLE/VHLM team, if mascots would be created, would have the best one?

3 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. Final week of the regular season, and Stockholm is just two points shy of fourth place, although Rome has a game in hand. Can we overtake the Gladiators?

2. Logan Foley has emerged as the new points king for the Vikings, with 68 points in 65 games. He recently dropped a five assist game, but do you think he can pull out a hat trick as well?

3. If the team was suddenly forced to compete in a different sport, which one do you think they'd be the most successful at?

6. Which VHL/VHLE/VHLM team, if mascots would be created, would have the best one?

1. We got this. It's going to be a lit playoffs 🔥

2. He's definitely gonna get one, and I totally called him being the new points leader

3. I think we've got figure skating on lock

4. Gorlab or Kachur its a hard choice

5. The ability to forget to tell Doom anything that I'm doing with our VHLE team

6. Definitely LVA, because their mascot would just literally be gorlab

On 5/8/2023 at 11:13 AM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. I was late on this press conference, so no we did not unfortunately

2. I do not believe I did

3. If pro wrestling was an actual sport rather then sports entertainment, Logan would be great at it

4. Probably Doomsday honestly

5. I guess my math skills?

6. I think ether the Vikings or Nighthawks

avJieZ4.png

1. The playoffs are here, but the Stockholm Vikings are at home instead. Who do you think is going to win the Renaissance Cup instead since we aren't there to do so?

2. Which member of the team do you think would be the best actual viking off the ice?

3. Which graduating member of the team do you think will have the best rookie season in the VHL?

4. What is the dumbest rule in sports, and why is it intent to blow the whistle?

5. Who is the least intimidating player you've ever seen in the NHL?

6. What's the most frustrating obstacle you've overcome in your life?

• 3 months later...

avJieZ4.png

We're back!!

1. It's been an interesting off-season which saw lots of change in the VHLE, but hockey is finally coming back to Stockholm once again. What journey did your player take to get here?

2. What type of role do you think your player will have with the Vikings?

3. Do you think the VHLE will be better off with six teams instead of eight?

4. Which VHL member do you think would raise the most money by being placed in a dunk tank?

5. What is your favorite fictional sports team?

6. What do you believe is the most sensual of the cured meats?

1. It has been a crazy journey, from finally finding my form in the VHLM with Vegas to a deep playoff run with Instanbul, just as news breaks that they are folding as a franchise... Now I'm in Stockholm 🤯.

2. It's probably going to be a strong leadership position. My player is the highest TPE on the team and has been the alternate captain on both of his previous teams... A pretty active lockeroom guy and relationships with some of the guys from Istanbul who are coming over to Stockholm with me.

3. 😮‍💨 I'm sure it will be a lot more competitive but I will miss Instanbul especially... Me and Masu were on the verge of creating a dynasty!!

4. General Gloworm, Dylan, Juan Ceson... Put all of his alter egos into a dunk tank and watch the money roll in... Or maybe do Spartan, I'm sure the guys in Malmo would put up a lot of cash after how he ranked their offseason.

5. Probably the Sandlot rag tag team if you count them... But if not then AFC Richmond from Ted Lasso.

6. Uh ... Prosciutto, I feel like I could eat that off of someone's... Yeah 👍.

2 hours ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

We're back!!

1. It's been an interesting off-season which saw lots of change in the VHLE, but hockey is finally coming back to Stockholm once again. What journey did your player take to get here?

4. Which VHL member do you think would raise the most money by being placed in a dunk tank?

1. It certainly has been a roller coaster of an off season. After a 2year stint with Mexico City in the VHLM I got my first promotion and then was traded a few days later. 

2. Being my first year in the VHLE, I hope to contribute to the team in any way I can likely from the middle 6 of the lineup 

3. Personally, I don't care how many teams there are. I just want to be the best one. 

4. Doomsday

5. The classic Mighty Ducks when they were also USA.

6. Salami

On 8/22/2023 at 12:13 PM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

We're back!!

1. Had a disappointing season in the VHLM, got drafted low. Now gonna prove a point in the VHLE

2. Defensive defense. All I’m good for

3. Yeah probably. Honestly don’t know first time I’ve even acknowledged the E

4. Fong

5. Mighty Ducks

6. I don’t have sensual thoughts about meat and that says a lot given my figure 

On 8/22/2023 at 12:13 PM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

We're back!!

1 -- playing half a season with Miami in the "M", then a playoff round with them and finally drafted by Stockholm in the "E" draft and Helsinki in the VHL draft

2 -- probably end of up as a first line winger on both the regular lines and the power play lines and hopefully as the season goes on, be counted on scoring big goals in big situations for the team

3 -- it will make the league more competitive and have less of the players spread out among the teams which will make hopefully more depth for the current teams as long as there are enough players to go around 

4 -- spartan

5 -- Mystery, Alaska

6 -- any type of spicy salami