I didn't grow up on hockey: quick thoughts

WildfireMicro

You know what's funny? I didn't grow up watching hockey, and my knowledge of hockey back was limited to the Mighty Ducks cartoon video tape I had as a kid. I have gotten some more knowledge recently as I got more into sports but still. So why does a person who didn't grow up watching hockey stick with the VHL and not stuck with the EFL or the SBA? I think one or the biggest things that has helped me stay is the way games are presented.

I can instantly get knowledge of every game I am in with the results being posted instantly without having to worry about a game thread. Game threads are one of my biggest issues with EFL as it makes me have to worry with the games in the back of my mind until they are done hours later. It's just quick knowledge of what happened after the sim without people trying to add drama with thier sim presentations. I know some people prefer the game threads and all the power to them, but it is how I like it personally. Also the league is extra casual or at least it seems so for me so that is another benefit.

So yeah good job VHL for keeping me engaged so far.

6 minutes ago, WildfireMicro said:

Mighty Ducks cartoon video tape

Woaaaah I forgot about the cartoon! Those ducks were badass. I loved their lair under Arrowhead Pond, and how it’d open up and the plane would fly out of it. Amazing. 

We’re happy to have you, I’m glad you’re enjoying the exposure to hockey! We had a cricket sim league going last year and it was amazing. I’d never seen cricket before, but getting to learn a new sport from scratch is terribly exciting. Have fun with hockey!

• Commissioner
30 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

The might ducks had cartoons?

Yup! It’s on Disney+ actually and I recall it being was wild as it’s description sounds.

FFBF7810-02B3-4856-97E4-589DF7390471.jpeg

4 hours ago, WildfireMicro said:

You know what's funny? I didn't grow up watching hockey, and my knowledge of hockey back was limited to the Mighty Ducks cartoon video tape I had as a kid. I have gotten some more knowledge recently as I got more into sports but still. So why does a person who didn't grow up watching hockey stick with the VHL and not stuck with the EFL or the SBA? I think one or the biggest things that has helped me stay is the way games are presented.

I can instantly get knowledge of every game I am in with the results being posted instantly without having to worry about a game thread. Game threads are one of my biggest issues with EFL as it makes me have to worry with the games in the back of my mind until they are done hours later. It's just quick knowledge of what happened after the sim without people trying to add drama with thier sim presentations. I know some people prefer the game threads and all the power to them, but it is how I like it personally. Also the league is extra casual or at least it seems so for me so that is another benefit.

So yeah good job VHL for keeping me engaged so far.

I agree that this is annoying in the SBA.. People trying to generate fake and forced hype in these drawn out game threads just for the daily 1 TPE.. Lame lol just give me the scores and stats!

Edited by v.2

• Commissioner
47 minutes ago, v.2 said:

I agree that this is annoying in the SBA.. People trying to generate fake and forced hype in these drawn out game threads just for the daily 1 TPE.. Lame lol just give me the scores and stats!

Or at the very least post the boxscores in the OP when the presentation is done. Fine if you wanna present them but it’s tough to go through 20 pages to find the 5 posts that I’m actually interested in.

To each their own but I prefer just having the boxes easily accessible.