What's going on with Peace?

Peace

I need two TPE and figured I'd do a small update about my general absence this week.

Sunday evening I discovered some open blisters on the back of my neck [also known as the nape] and figured it was caused by the heating pad I had foolishly fallen asleep on the night prior. It's totally reasonable to assume it was a heat rash, right? Normally that'd be a solid bet, I reckon, but unfortunately for me it wasn't a heat rash at all. By Tuesday afternoon it had spread across the back of my head [known as the crown] and advanced along the top towards my right eye. At that point I knew something was wrong, and due to my family history of skin cancer, a collective group of concerned family members were starting to become concerned for my well being.

These were similar symptoms before it was discovered that one of my family members had skin cancer just a few years ago. 

I called for a doctors appointment Tuesday evening before they closed, the earliest I could get in was Thursday. 

By Wednesday morning the swelling had begun, and by mid afternoon I had numerous sores the size of hockey pucks. Literally, I have picture proof. 

Thursday was worse, the never ending pain started and to this day has yet to stop. Prescription NSIAD painkillers? Not even helping, and I can't use an opioid based painkiller as it conflicts with other medication I'm now on to combat this damn thing. 

It's on the back of my neck, top of my head, around and inside my ear, not to mention it's now tormenting my vision with my right eye. 

What is the culprit? 

@Renomitsu might have guessed it just by reading the description. 

It's god damn shingles. 

The same virus that gives us chickenpox as children [or adults] apparently goes inert inside the nerves, and when the virus reactivates... let's just say my experience with this never ending pain of open blisters and rashes means that chickenpox got the last laugh.

How did this affect my VHL activity? I wasn't around, at all, since Monday morning as I retreated back to the small town I once lived in.

Edited by Peace