Comparing S81 VHL teams to 2021-22 NHL teams

dlamb

Vancouver Wolves :que: = Tampa Bay Lightning

This one is pretty easy. Two defending champions, who lost big pieces in the offseason due to retirement, free agency, and cap casualty respectively, but continue to be on top of the standings. 

Player Comparison, 'cause why not: Robin Galante Nilsson = Victor Hedman

Helsinki Titans :hel: = New Jersey Devils

Both teams are sitting at the bottom on their divisions, but have a very bright future. Once both teams have their top draft picks reach their potential, there is a reason to believe they can be annual contenders. 

Alex Johnston = Jesper Bratt

Toronto Legion :tor: = Anaheim Ducks

Teams that have been rebuilding for a number of seasons, that were definitely said by many to be near the bottom of the standings this season. Instead, both the Legion and Ducks look poised to make the post-season, earlier than expected. 

Matty Fire = Trevor Zegras

D.C. Dragons :dcd: = Arizona Coyotes

Fairly new expansion teams that have lost most, if not all of their former core, and have torn it completely down, in order to get some high draft picks and become competitive down the line. Dragons GM Eno Rama also really strikes me as a John Chayka type. 

Ryan Vidot = Jacob Chychrun

HC Davos Dynamo :dav: = Calgary Flames

At first, I had Davos like the Leafs, but I couldn't do them that dirty. I think Davos is more like Calgary because you never know what you're going to get. Playoffs? Lottery? This season both teams have a solid record, and look like dark horses come playoff time. As well, they both can talk about a forgotten cup they won way back when.

Kunibuni UnGuri = Jacob Markstrom

(260+ Words)

10 hours ago, dlamb said:

Eno Rama also really strikes me as a John Chayka type. 

I mean if he's ever visiting Arizona, I'm sure he'll enjoy the shade.