Split up Fantasy Zone portal claim type into League Specific claim types

Spartan

Currently, VHL/VHLE/VHLM Fantasy Zone claims all get claimed under the "Fantasy Zone" claim type. This makes it difficult for updaters to bulk update claims for each of the three individual fantasy zones, as each league's payout links are scattered across the same claim type.

I believe that this occurred when fantasy zone opened up to people regardless of the league they were in. Ex. allowing VHL players to participate in VHLM fantasy zone. However, the links in each claim vary, which causes the aforementioned issue.

Please bring back the specialized claim types to make updating a bit easier. 

@Beketov (tagged per @Josh request since you asked for the change to the current system)

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, Spartan said:

This makes it difficult for updaters to bulk update claims for each of the three individual fantasy zones, as each league's payout links are scattered across the same claim type.

I’m not sure I understand the issue as you describe it. Is it just that you get people claiming all three and they all come in as the same so it’s confusing looking?

I don’t really care if they are separated really, obviously they used to be and we just tried to simplify it. I just want to understand the reasoning.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I’m not sure I understand the issue as you describe it. Is it just that you get people claiming all three and they all come in as the same so it’s confusing looking?

I don’t really care if they are separated really, obviously they used to be and we just tried to simplify it. I just want to understand the reasoning.

Basically when updating these claims en masse, it'd be easier to have them broken up by league, as there are up to three different links used.

Think of trivia updating. We can keep the payout thread open, and ctrl+f everyone through the list, because it's all in one thread.

Now fantasy zone updating. We can't differentiate the three league claims from each other in the queue unless we open the link. Which means we have to open each link every time to see which of the three payout threads we need to use.

If we could sort the claims by the league, then we could open the VHL Fantasy Zone post, approve all of them in one go. Then VHLE, then VHLM, instead of having to keep opening every link to see which league it belongs in.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Basically when updating these claims en masse, it'd be easier to have them broken up by league, as there are up to three different links used.

Think of trivia updating. We can keep the payout thread open, and ctrl+f everyone through the list, because it's all in one thread.

Now fantasy zone updating. We can't differentiate the three league claims from each other in the queue unless we open the link. Which means we have to open each link every time to see which of the three payout threads we need to use.

If we could sort the claims by the league, then we could open the VHL Fantasy Zone post, approve all of them in one go. Then VHLE, then VHLM, instead of having to keep opening every link to see which league it belongs in.

I assumed you were opening the link anyway because I’m an idiot so that makes sense. The alternative that could also work would be a payout thread per week that encompasses all three from @youloser1337 so you can just check them all at once.

I don’t really care one way or the other though.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I assumed you were opening the link anyway because I’m an idiot so that makes sense. The alternative that could also work would be a payout thread per week that encompasses all three from @youloser1337 so you can just check them all at once.

I don’t really care one way or the other though.

I'd be fine with one massive, total payout thread for the week, but I'd imagine that's more work for Lose to be compiling them all into totals by user. We have VHL/VHLM Fantasy Zone as claim types in the portal already, they're just hidden from users when claiming. Bringing them back and renaming the plain "Fantasy Zone" to "VHLE Fantasy Zone" would also just solve the problem with less effort needed from Lose's end, and users would still be claiming each league individually anyways.

Edit: I think each league pays out at different times each week as well, depends when the games/criteria in the fantasy zone for the week get completed.

Edited by Spartan

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

I believe that this occurred when fantasy zone opened up to people regardless of the league they were in.

wait we can do all the fantasy zones? i thought we couldn't

3 hours ago, Spartan said:

Would it be easier to do a central payout thread? It would be a bit more work for me but I can do something like:

Payouts for VHLM + VHLE + VHL:

@youloser1337 - 4 - (1 - VHLM)+(1 - VHLE)+(2 - VHL)

etc.

etc.

That way it's easier for you to check ala your Trivia example. I want to make your life easier too.

6 minutes ago, youloser1337 said:

Would it be easier to do a central payout thread? It would be a bit more work for me but I can do something like:

Payouts for VHLM + VHLE + VHL:

@youloser1337 - 4 - (1 - VHLM)+(1 - VHLE)+(2 - VHL)

etc.

etc.

That way it's easier for you to check ala your Trivia example. I want to make your life easier too.

It'd serve the same purpose for me, but more work for you. I'm fine with either.

• 3 weeks later...