HOW MUCH HAS SCORING GONE UP SINCE I STARTED?

Jubis

Today i would like to look at how much goal scoring has gone up since I made my debut in Season 69.  I will look at where scoring was at in s69 and where is it currently at based off the stats from this past s81 season.  

Artemi Panarin Goal GIF by New York Rangers

SEASON 69

Average goals per team = 188.6 goals per season. 

Or 

2.62 goals per game. 

SEASON 81

Average goals per team = 271.9 goals per season. 

Or 

3.78 goals per game per team

200.gif

NHL PAST 10 SEASONS 

average goals per game per team

= 2.83

Season 69 player points

1. 42-51-93 points 

2. 92 points 

3. 89 points

4. 86 points

5. 85 points

10. 81 points 

15. 71 points 

20. 68 points

25. 64 points

30. 60 points

Season 81 player points

1. 72-70-142 points 

2. 136 points 

3. 136 points

4. 135 points

5. 131 points

10. 123 points 

15. 118 points 

20. 114 points

25. 109 points

30. 108 points

35. 106 points

40.  100 points

200.gif

Some people may enjoy the huge increase in goals over the seasons.  With s81 having 40 players with 100 points or more, I am however not one of those people.  This isn't me trying to complain  just presenting facts and sharing my opinion.  I like goals but this may be too many in my opinion. I remember when having a 100 point season in the VHL was an incredible feat.  Now scoring 100 points in the VHL would be very comparable to a 70 point season in the NHL over 82 games. . Just would like to state even the NHL has had many different scoring era's that have gone up and down like the stock market.  So not really a big deal.  The current high scoring is what it is and I think the Vancouver Meta issue is much greater anyway.

Ok ok Enough rambling

✌ ☮ 🍺🍻 

Edited by Jubis

• Commissioner

Tbh normal VHL scoring is somewhere in the middle. Scoring in S69 being as low as it was certainly isn’t the historical norm for the league and part of making the expansion so large was to bring some scoring back. 40 people with 100+ though? That’s not normal.

I picked a great time to be a goalie….

10 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Tbh normal VHL scoring is somewhere in the middle. Scoring in S69 being as low as it was certainly isn’t the historical norm for the league and part of making the expansion so large was to bring some scoring back. 40 people with 100+ though? That’s not normal.

Thats what i figured,  it probably averages out. 

I think I am creating a goalie next too 😨 😬 😳 lol

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

I think the fact that you're one of like 4 goalies with over 500 TPE explains why scoring is so high at the moment

It would have been very interesting if you also included the shot totals from 69 vs. 81 as well as shooting%. That would help illuminate how much is the goalie situation vs. how much is the meta and slider situation.