Hogan Q&A, The A's

Hogan

On Sunday, I asked the VHL to ask me questions. They obliged.

From @Zack, question 1 “Hey Hogan how have you been buddy?”

I’ve been good, just got off my forum ban and am ready to earn TPE again. Everything has just been normal. I returned to school on Thursday, missed a day because of a storm on Friday and I hope to miss another tomorrow.”

Zack, question 2 “Do you have any advice to the newer players on how to become a HoF candidate or maybe a winner like you someday??”

Well, with the way things are right now I’d say follow the meta and do meta things. I hope that soon changes. Overall, if it's your first player, just experiment. You can follow what others say but it's always nice to add your own variety. Personally, I went pass first for a long time and found importance in leadership. Both of those things aren’t always recommended, but they worked for me.

From @Spartan, “How do I prevent mods from catching every bad thing I've ever done?”

Luckily for you, you won't have to unless 1) your name is Hogan or 2) you kinda break a rule and get reported for it. We all know you’ve broken the discord rules, but it would be foolish to punish you wouldn’t it.

From @Gustav, “wahts thhe best Adam Sandler mvoie brotha”

It has to be a drama. The comedies are good but I’ve always enjoyed when Adam shocks most people and delivers a good performance. Examples of this are Uncut Gems, Spanglish. Punch-Drunk Love and a few more. I also enjoy when the movie has a good soundtrack as in the previously mentioned Uncut Gems or the underrated movie The Meyerowitz Stories (New and selected). Overall, I would have to give it to Uncut Gems. I really enjoy the performance, music, concept and mostly everything about the movie. 50 First dates is also one of my favourites on the comedy/romance side.

Based on what I’ve found, I can find at least 4 times where I’ve used Adam Sandler in graphics for the VHL. I often use them as a GM or coach but I have used him once as a player, referenced below.

z1gRvS3.png

From @Spaz, “What is your favorite Nicolas Cage movie”

I had to look at his movies to actually see what I’ve watched. I know I haven't seen many. In chronological order, the only ones I've seen are National Treasure (kind of), The Croods, Mom and Dad, Spiderman: Into the Spider Verse and Color out of Space. Out of those, Spiderman is my favourite. I haven’t watched many and don’t really plan on watching many more. He starred in Moonstruck in 1987 which I would like to watch based on the sound track.

From @jRuutu,  “Where do you get your ideas from?”

In my creation of anything VHL-related I try to be unique. This is most evident in my graphics where I may take inspiration from a movie or art. Occasionally I try to make something creative, such as when I used the back drop to be a splash of coke with the player emerging from it. Ive used peanut butter spread as a background with the caption “going nuts’. I’ve done word play for players with the names “King” or “Sandstorm”. Overall, for graphics, I don't really know where ideas come from. Sometimes they just pop in my head and I figure out a way to make them into something. For media spots, I tend to look into stats or really old posts and try to put a new spin on this. Recent examples of this are my demographic survey, which was an idea done in 2016 I figured I could re-do or when I did a piece on Adam Warlock after looking at VHLM records. Ideas can come from anywhere, and they normally come out of nowhere.

From @KaleebtheMighty, “What meme/video lives in your head rent free?”

Kaleeb, I’m gonna spin this question a bit and turn it into talking about “memes” I've created in the VHL. But to answer your question, not many. Right now I like the lego GTA guy on tiktok. In the VHL, I’ve created a few memes or jokes, mostly by accident. The most recent example of this is my ‘DC is mid” series. Which all started from the joke that I don’t like Eno because he deleted all my posts (and never apologized). DC has mostly been an average team at best since their creation, making the MID. 

Another meme stemming from Eno is the “no hips” meme. One day, I read his review in a graphic which said that he doesn’t enjoy seeing the players' hips. After that I just enjoyed telling people to make sure the hips weren’t visible as a joke. I believe I even created a graphic that was only hips. I’ve also created small “personal memes” or whatever you wanna call them. These mostly include when I make stupid little graphics, NFTs or gimmicks for myself such as “Professional Hogan” and whatever else I’ve done.

From @Jubis, “What vhl  member once beat you at NHL by a score of 5-1 on ps4 ?”

I have no recollection of this and I do not believe it happened.

At this point, I received 8 messages between Bana and Cow, which I believed to be questions. I was then disappointed upon opening them.

From Rory, “what's up how was ur day”

Nothing much is up, just doing my VHL point tasks. For how my day was, it’s been good. I went to my second day of my final semester of highschool, got home and watched some youtube before doing homework and then my VHL tasks. Nothing really exciting, just a day.

Finally, from @v.2 “what's your favourite part about living in PEI”

Nothing in particular stands out. I like that my family and friends are here and that's a reason why I’d never move. It can be cool sometimes to live on an island as most people will never even get to see the ocean compared to me who can see it anyday I’d like. I kinda like the aspect of being the best VHLer to ever live on PEI too (not up for discussion), other than that nothing much sticks out. 

This whole thing turned out to be a little over 1k words, but only around 550 are VHL related so I'll be claiming it for one week.

Edited by Hogan