VHL Needs a Move

Tyler

Lol at USA being the best at anything soccer related. I mean I live here, have a reason to be predisposed toward thinking positively about the team, and no. Just no. 

america is better than any other english speaking nation at soccer, this is a fact. England can't play as a team. 

• Head Moderator

Too many stoppages in American football. A play starts, then it stops instantly. I get why some people enjoy it but it just isn't for me. Not enough time to me to build to the intensity. There are also way too many players on the field at once. Then you add in my issue with their super short seasons, their playoff format being a single game elimination and it just irks me.

To be honest the only sport I really do like is hockey. When I have tired all other sports there is just too much that bugs me in comparison. Hockey is fast, it's high octane, out of bounds rarely happens due to their being boards, the hitting is intense. Penalties actually have a huge impact on the game causing PP and PK moments to feel tense. Goalies have a legit chance of stealing games by themselves. The action is easier to follow and root for/cheer for specific players since there is only 5 players on the ice and two goalies on each side. 

I find other sports have elements that I like, but just combine it with things I don't. Football has too big of a field, too many players on the pitch, nets are too big and there are no boards. However it does have the same impact as a goal in hockey, where it actually matters and feels important. American football I discussed above. Baseball in general is just a sport that I find boring to watch. NBA has similar trappings to hockey, however no boards, no hitting, too many baskets making each one feel meaningless until you get a clear indication of who is winning based on the time left in the game. I actually find golf more interesting than soccer, American football, baseball or basketball tbh. 

Fair enough.  Baseball I can see being very difficult to like from an outsider's perspective because it is so lengthy, and more specifically, the rate at which the game is played.  At least in american football, a play is played at full speed.  Plays in baseball can have very long intervals.  There's a really neat science to it though, and if you understand it there's lot more 'between the lines'.  Basketball is a joke, I would agree.

Fair enough.  Baseball I can see being very difficult to like from an outsider's perspective because it is so lengthy, and more specifically, the rate at which the game is played.  At least in american football, a play is played at full speed.  Plays in baseball can have very long intervals.  There's a really neat science to it though, and if you understand it there's lot more 'between the lines'.  Basketball is a joke, I would agree.

Baseball is the best!