S83 VHL Entry Draft Top 5

Hello everyone, 

In a couple of days, it will be draft time in the VHL and as a “really really good scout”, I will do my prediction of the top 5 in the upcoming VHL draft. I want to say that the following picks are my personal choices and you don’t have to agree with me. Thanks. 

1st overall : Scotty Sundin by the Chicago Phoenix Chicago.png

With only three forwards in the current roster and no forward in the prospect pool, I think it is just normal that the Chicago Phoenix will select Scotty Sundin as the first player in the S83 VHL entry draft. Last season, Sundin played with the Houston Bulls in the VHLM and just destroyed the league with 62 goals, 67 assists and 129 points in 72 games. Scotty Sundin finished second in the total of points and second in the amounts of goals around the league in the regular season. He was also very good in the playoffs, finishing with 31 points in 19 games. 

2nd overall : Brandt Fuhr by the Vancouver Wolves QUE-square_KJ2mWdg.png

A day after the draft lottery results, the Warsaw Predators traded the second overall pick to the Vancouver Wolves and with only a very old goalie and a prospect goalie who will probably never make the VHL, the Wolves really need a goalie and Brand Fuhr is a really good option who could be ready this season, but will be very dominant next season. This season Fuhr played with the Mexico City Kings and recorded 29 wins in 47 games with a save pourcentage of 0,905% and a goal average of 3,15. 

3rd overall : AirRig GoodBrandSun by the Malmo Nighthawks Malmo_Icon_XHWEfZS.png

The Malmo Nighthawks also acquired an early draft pick in the last week, this time from the D.C. Dragons. Currently, Malmo don’t have any good defencemen and I think that AirRig would fit perfectly with the organization. In 72 games in the regular season, GoodBrandSun scored 26 goals and 94 points and finished third among defensemen.  

4th overall : Igor Molotov by the Dynamo HC Davos DAV-square.png

The Dynamo HC Davos are in need of almost everything and the best player available at this time in the draft is clearly Igor Molotov. With 72 goals and 81 assists for a total of 153 points in 72 games, Molotov was over two points per game in the VHLM this season and he won almost everything in the regular season, finishing first in points, assists, goals, shots, etc.  

5th overall : Ryuji Sakamoto by the New York Americans NYA-square.png

The New York Americans are also in a big need of everything and the best player available is Ryuji Sakamoto and a good defensemen would really help the team in the long term. This season in the VHLM, Sakamoto scored 16 goals and 79 points in 72 games with the Mexico City Kings. 

I know that I am missing out on a lot of big names, but I wish the best of luck to everyone.

And in your opinion, who should get draft in the top 5 in the upcoming draft? 

520 words 

28 march – 3 april

Very good article and very good read! Very good use of spacing and sentence structure along with Team logos for easy recognition! Perhaps could have bolded each player drafted along with the team as that would make it an even easier distinction to see. Good analysis of each team's situation and possible choice for each team for the draft, but could have added a bit more information for further detailed analysis on each team's situation. For example, for your emphasis on "Chicago only have three forwards on the roster", you could name the 3 forwards and their positions and explain why Scotty would be the best choice to mesh with those 3 roster forwards. Putting name to paper is sometimes very useful for articles like these. I'm flattered for the high phrase and draft position! Happy that you feel I deserve the top dman spot for this draft. Cheers! 8.5/10