Claimed:Future for Helsinki

Will

• Senior Admin

Helsinki Looking Forward to Future

qLXReQs.png

Helsinki Titans defensive prospect Donald Draper was, arguably, the biggest favorite for the Season 39 Christian Stolzschweiger, which is awarded to the leagues top rookie. Unfortunately for Draper, both him and the Titans organization as a whole have not, in any way, had the year they were hoping for. With the season coming to a close in just 2-3 games, the Titans have a sure-fire lock on last place in the European Conference. It's true, the Titans are a team full of quickly developing rookies and it was expected that they would have a tough year. However, even though everyone understood and expected that this season was going to be a developing year, it has still taken its toll on the Titans morale. Today we catch up with Don Draper, as well as his teammate Tyson Stokes, and get their thoughts on the season that is about to come to an end in the coming days.

As mentioned above, Draper was largely the favorite for the top rookie award this season. It's clear now that he won't be the recipient. However, he actually didn't have that bad of a season, fairly decent for a rookie. Just not what was expected of him. At this point, through 69 games, Draper has tallied 23 goals and 29 assists, for a total of 52 points. Those numbers are good enough for second in scoring on the Titans roster, just behind his defense partner Vojczek Svoboda, and third in overall rookie scoring. Additionally, he led the Titans in the shot blocks category with 155, good enough for fifth in the league. Although a large portion of the VHL world has expressed a disappointment in Draper's season, he seemed surprisingly optimistic when asked about it:

"Well, I mean we have a young team. We're still growing and this year I think we all, specifically me, set the bar too high. I think that, as a team, we need to just look past this awful season and see the great things ahead in the future. If we keep developing and growing at the pace we have been up to this point, we'll be just fine." - Don Draper

Don Draper wasn't the only Titan who struggled this season. Rookie forward Tyson Stokes has also had an underwhelming season. Stokes was picked up third overall by the Titans in the Season 39 VHL Entry Draft. He's a very talented rookie and should be a huge asset to Helsinki if he continues to develop at the rate he has been up to this point. Like Draper, Stokes tried his best to remain optimistic when asked for his thoughts on the season:

"We all knew this was coming. It was going to be a great year. We're young and inexperienced. I just try to focus on my training and the future of the team rather than get frustrated with what is going on in the present." - Tyson Stokes

Sadly, the Titans will only play three more games this year. Missing the post season this year, the Titans surely won't spend much time on the golf courses but rather, in the Hartwall Arena practicing for next season. 

qLXReQs.png

Edited by Draper

STZ >

Ethan Osbourne equaled Seattle at one point

STZ = Ethan Osbourne

Seattle + Me = Greatest combo since pizza ad wings

so that means

STZ=Seattle+Me+Osbourne > all?

Math

ik49VlPshlPIz.gif
Edited by Ball

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 3/3

533 words. Despite the rookies, I just thought we deserved a better fate at times. I mean, I struggled so badly compared to my rookie season, so hopefully we are all in for a rebound season. Your MS was strong and contained a couple strong quotes. Short and sweet, kinda like Fong's penis.

Grammar: 2/2

Forward to Future = Forward to the Future (In the title)

leagues = leagues'

him and = he and

Appearance: 1/1

Looked good.

Overall: 6/6