Halifax is a joke and it's not even their fault. (Part 2)

Plate

33 minutes ago, Plate said:

I might be crazy, but a tinfoil hat idea that I had was allowing players in the VHLM to sign with a VHLE team if they wanted as a free agent if they didn't have existing VHLE rights. And that players could apply TPA to their player past 200 (or whatever their cap is) and be a part of the VHLE team they signed with. There would have to be a specific date for this cutoff, probably something like the same day as the trade deadline or something, but at least that way, I could sign with a VHLM team, get TPE, and then bypass the M and go straight into the E.

I'm hoping that some sort of formal ruleset gets put in place involving this since we saw multiple recreates allowed to do something like this at the beginning of this season. Hopefully that's a good sign!

1 hour ago, Plate said:

I think with how the new hybrid system is, a change back to the 250 TPA cap wouldn't be unreasonable and might still be even a touch low. 

With the current system, every point in the hybrid attributes (Up to 70) earns about 0.50 STHS Attributes. This means that players with 200 TPA are playing at roughly the same level as players with 100 TPA in the S72/S73 seasons, as mentioned in the draft.

Just to clarify, the intent of a specific cap is not reflective of their presumed performance, but rather to have a more defined range of what TPE-range puts users into the "needs development" category. The added benefit with the lower cap of 200 in the new system is that there's less need for M teams to be selling the farm to be "competitive."