VSN Presents: TPE Max Earners #23-25

Greetings viewers, welcome back to what will be the penultimate part of this series, at least for now. When I started this series I always intended to cover the 25 players that at the time had eclipsed 1500 TPE, I'm going to hold myself to that while also at least doing one more part. Currently there are five players left to do, but I'm hoping that Battre Sandstorm will pass 1500 TPE to give me an even six players left to cover. I'm making this decision because while I've enjoyed this series a lot I am craving a new challenge, a new subject to cover. I stated in a recent article that we will likely see a lot more players crossing 1500 TPE and that's great, but I believe it will be better to give that list some time to grow instead of covering it one player at a time. With all of that said we do have three more players to talk about so let's get to that!!

23: Duncan Idaho (OrbitingDeath) 1552*

Duncan Idaho is our first active player to make it onto this list, and because of that I added an asterisk. They are still earning TPE and thus can climb higher on the leaderboard, I should also note that for the sake of keeping things simple for myself and readers I am listing him at 23rd but he actually sits at 19th. With all of that covered, this is @OrbitingDeath 's second player on the list. Condor Adrienne is his other, a player who got to 1629 TPE; perhaps Death is on a mission to pass that? Duncan Idaho was drafted third overall in both the VHLM and VHL drafts, in the lower league the Houston Bulls picked him in season 76, in the big league the Moscow Menace selected him in season 77. In the M he played 85 total regular season games, earning 81 points, his full season in Houston saw him with a perfect split of 40 goals and assists, with his one extra goal coming from playing with the Marlins. He participated in 25 playoff games, scoring 13 goals and 9 assists for 22 points. In both of his WC appearances he was at least a point per game, 25 points in 20 games.

Entering his VHL career, which again is ongoing, he is seven seasons in, so there's still plenty to look through. Including this current season, Idaho has been at least a point per game five times, he's broken 100 points three times so far and is on pace to do so again this season with 62 points in 35 games. Duncan has spent his whole career so far with his draft team, his career high in points also includes his best in goals and assists. Season 81 he reached 130 points with 57 goals and 73 assists, however the 73 assists mark he actually tied in his follow up season, he had 125 points with five less goals making the difference. The season before 81, Idaho achieved 110 points with 54 goals and 56 assists, I could see him finishing with five seasons above 100 points. His current career numbers are 467 games played, 295 goals, 333 assists for 628 points. The three most recent seasons are the only postseason experience Idaho has had, they've all been deep runs though, in fact Duncan has never failed to score a minimum of 20 points. In season 80 he had 10 goals and assists in 15 games, S81 he had 8 goals and 12 assists in 17 games played, last season he had a crazy high 41 points in 23 games, 13 goals and 28 assists. Post season career totals are: 55 games played in just three seasons, 31 goals, 50 assists for 81 points.

Awards! He's got a number of them, Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy has the top rookie of his class in S77, Scotty Campbell Trophy in S80 as regular season MVP, Scott Boulet Trophy S80-82 as best two way forward, that's right, he's won it three seasons in a row. Most TPE in a week 46.

24: Benny Graves (STZ) 1520

Jumping back to the S60's for our next two players, @STZ is up next with his player Benny Graves. Two TPE behind Taro, Graves played 23 games for the Reapers and scored 6 goals and 13 points, in a nine game run in the playoffs he got just two goals. All of that was before his VHLM draft in season 68 where he was selected fourth overall by the Las Vegas Aces, in 72 games played he scored 66 goals, got 77 apples for 143 points. In 11 games in the playoffs he scored 11 goals and 7 apples for 18 points. His VHL draft he was selected second overall by the D.C. Dragons, he'd spend his whole career with the team. In his three WC appearances he stayed above a point per game, he scored 6 goals all three times, 7, 8, and 9 assists for points of 13, 14, and 15. In total he had 18 goals, 24 helpers for 42 points in 30 games.

Getting into his time in D.C. he was a point per game five times and reached 100 points just once. Season 73 would have his highest point and assist totals, 103 points and 65 assists, and his 38 goals was his third best. Graves hit the 40 goal mark twice in his career, first time in S74 with 41 goals and 44 assists for 85 points, and then again in his final season with 42 goals and 52 assists for 94 points. His career regular season totals are: 576 games played, 263 goals, 335 assists for 598 points. A shame he didn't get two more points for 600. Graves got to play in the post season six times, he was at least a point per game five times but his best run for sure was in S75 where in 20 games played, he had 10 goals and 16 assists for 26 points. S74 was a great effort too with 8 goals in 9 games and 12 points. Overall his career numbers are: 58 games played, 30 goals scored, 37 helpers and 67 points. Being above a point per game in the playoffs is always impressive and Graves was a big time playoff guy.

His award case? Well it doesn't exist sadly, he's got nothing. Most TPE in a week 65.

25: Rayz Funk (Rayzor_7) 1512

Finally, Rayz Funk, @Rayzor_7's hall of famer goaltender. I've had the pleasure of both having my player Jaxx Hextall do battle with Funk on the ice and playing under Rayzor as a general manager. Funk is only the fourth goaltender on this list as we inch closer to exactly 1500 TPE, he was drafted third overall in the VHLM in season 66 by the Mississauga Hounds. Playing one full season with the team he had a record of 41-26-5 with 4 shutouts, a .888 save percentage and 2.76 goals against average. In the playoffs he went 1-3-1 with a .875 save percentage and 3.96 GAA. In his VHL draft in S67 he was taken second overall by the Seattle Bears. In his four WC appearances, while his first go around in S68 he has a .933 save percentage he only played the one game, so I gotta give it to his S70 run with a record of 2-4-2 with a .911 save percentage and 2.57 GAA.

Funk spent seven of his eight seasons with the Seattle Bears where he had great success, reaching 40 wins three times and having two seasons that were shy of 40 by a win or two. He finished with a save percentage above .920 three times, his highest was in season 69 where he finished with 39 wins, a .923 and a career low GAA of 2.25, his 8 shutouts also tied a career high that he had set just last season. Arguably his best overall season was S73 with a record of 41-15-4, 6 shutouts, .921 save percentage and 2.48 GAA. His career numbers at the end of his career are: 522 games played, 294 wins, 179 losses, 40 OT losses, .917 save percentage, 2.56 GAA and 36 shutouts. Funk made the postseason six times, only missing in his rookie season and final season where he went to Davos. It's hard choosing what was Funk's best playoff run as, spoiler alert, he won the cup four times. S68 a record of 12-1-1, a .935% and 1.79 GAA, 3 shutouts. S71 a record of 12-3-2, a .937% and 1.67 GAA, 2 shutouts. S73 a record of 12-5-2, a .935% and GAA of 2.04 and 1 shutout. All of these are standout performances, you could argue between S68 or S71 being his best run but S73 is 100% still worth mentioning. Overall career playoff numbers are 85 games played, 55 wins, 20 losses, 10 OT losses, 7 shutouts, .930 save percentage and 2.09 GAA.

The trophy case has been fairly light as of late, but Funk is here to change that, four Continental Cups in seasons 68, 69, 71, and 73 with a Victory cup that last season as well in Seattle. He won the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy as best rookie of S67, and he won the Daisuke Kanou Trophy as playoff MVP a ridiculous four times, winning it each time they won the cup. His most TPE in a week was 73, that is a lot.

Thank you all so much for reading and I will see you all next time for what will be the final part in this series, ciao for now.

(1560 word count)

Edited by ROOKIE745

21 minutes ago, dlamb said:

Damn, when this series started I was going to be a part of it, not anymore :byecry:

Love these though, great job!

Hold your horses lamb, I still have one more episode to do of this series, I will be covering Dakota Lamb, don't ya worry!!

And thank you very much!!

22 minutes ago, ROOKIE745 said:

Hold your horses lamb, I still have one more episode to do of this series, I will be covering Dakota Lamb, don't ya worry!!

And thank you very much!!

LOL for some reason my brain just saw "final part in this series" and missed the "next time"... can't wait :P