Happy 1 Year Anniversary!!!

AJW

That is right!!! I have been a part of the VHL for an entire year. I joined May 18th, 2021 while on summer break after my first year of university. During that time covid was still pretty weird, I did not know if I would be working or not, and I was just really bored. So I would play a lot of NHL21, I was liking HUT and would play with my buddies a lot. At night I would usually watch YouTube before bed and that is how I found the VHL. I watching an NHL21 HUT video when an ad popped up for the VHL. I was curious, did not have any sim league experience, and so I joined. I remember being scared to post online for TPE. I thought it would be weird and that people could see everything I am typing, and what if people I knew were on the forum and knew what I was up to. Well after a few days with dlamb as my player’s GM and being introduced to discord gen chat, that scared feeling changed. I was pumping forum content out my arse. I was even mad that I collected welfare the first week because I wanted that extra two TPE. 

Everything was new and exciting, I was having so much fun and I was becoming addicted to this forum. I would have my computer on constantly, refreshing the new content tab while chatting with new people on discord. I would also be in dlamb’s DMs 24/7 asking questions, trying to get to know the league better.

Soon I was making connections, people started to know who I was, and everything was good. My player developed and I went 5th overall in the S79 VHL Entry Draft. I decided to spend an extra season in the VHLM though since back then the TPE cap was 250 and I was just under it. I went 1st overall in the VHLM draft and it kind of went to show that working hard on here was paying off. After my victory lap in the M, I was off to Los Angeles to play for Rory. It was a great couple of seasons there.

During this time, I was exploring the GMing world. My first gig was Pro-AM, where of course I was hired the season they decided to discontinue it. So that was cool. I was AGMing for dlamb the entire time this was going on so it was not like I was hurting for a management position. I would keep applying for VHLM GM spots and got shut down during the boomer period where like 6 GMs got hired. It sucked a lot but I kept applying and down the road Las Vegas opened up. I was so excited and I actually got the job. Instantly went to work to make a deserted team into a contender. I actually did pretty damn good, and with help from Mubble as AGM, we turned a shitty broken team into a Founder’s Cup Finalist. We lost in the finals to Ottawa which is fair since they had a lot of depth and veteran players. But I was so proud of what we did.

Then obviously for those who know, during that season halfway through I got a TPE ban and lost my job. This was the worst thing ever and I had no motivation for the site anymore. Feeling like you have everything taken away from you, it just really sucked. Being in a management position I easily got the worst of the punishments compared to others who did the same thing. But what can you do. I stayed quiet for a while and joined the SHL, was determined to be active there and start to forget about the VHL. But of course after about two months my energy for this forum sparked up again and I was posting like crazy, capping out every week and wanting to get back to where I was before the ban.

Well now I am five months later. My player got traded to Seattle and the team is killing it, I got to 900 TPE, I helped out Vegas a bit (not really was just boosting locker room activity), I kind of got back into VSN but not completely, and I am now an AGM for Vasteras. So I mean the last year had a big up and a bigggggg down, but now I feel like I am going up again. I really want to GM in the VHLM again, so that will be my next goal.

But anyways this past year has been a lot of fun. I am happy the VHL took my sim league virginity and I hope to be part of this community for a while.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, samx said:

we get it you've been here forever. 

Holding my longevity over your heads is all that keeps me going some days, let me have this.

38 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Holding my longevity over your heads is all that keeps me going some days, let me have this.

I mean you can gladly have the old man title in the league in okay with that.