2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Florida's catch is not a whole lot of depth defensively or offensively.

True, but some of their young guys will fix that.  Ekblad has been amazing on many nights, and guys like Trochek are really impressing.  It's going to take moving a couple of the contracts liie Flash and Soupy to really make things happen there.  It's a good time to be a Panthers fan right now.

If da oilers werent tankin, y wud dey trade away shmid 

huh u tell me oilers r tankin, but dat cuz dey run by a bunch of boys who no have any leaders when dey were still boys cummin into da league. now dey left with a team of boy leaders u no. 

True, but some of their young guys will fix that.  Ekblad has been amazing on many nights, and guys like Trochek are really impressing.  It's going to take moving a couple of the contracts liie Flash and Soupy to really make things happen there.  It's a good time to be a Panthers fan right now.

Not sure why they threw so much at Bolland.

Not sure why they threw so much at Bolland.

Not one of their finest moments for sure, but they are still a bottom 10 cap team, even with that gross contract.  Hopefully he comes back and earns some of that money.

Not one of their finest moments for sure, but they are still a bottom 10 cap team, even with that gross contract.  Hopefully he comes back and earns some of that money.

They do have some good pieces in there for sure. They just need some legit stars in order to make them a more competitive team.

Getting a guy like Luongo back is great for sure, as well as Willie Mitchell as a great veteran presence on D.

Jussi Jokinen is a legit scorer for sure as well, and they have great young guys trying to burst into their potential like Barkov, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, and Ekblad. Ekblad is already proving to be what everyone wants.

• Admin

No team in the NHL actively tanks. If you want to see how to tank properly, look at the 76ers last season. Actively traded away every single veteran and after the deadline they filled their roster with literally different guys each week.

Team like the Oilers, Panthers, etc... have all had some combination of problems with management, lacking the ability to attract quality free agents, or lack of strong ownership. Just because a team is bad does not mean they're tanking.

Yeah they could all learn from VHL GMs.

Iginla is on a 40 point pace and historically (as in almost every single season) starts really slow.  50 point is still easily within reach or him and he'll provide decent leadership.  All of Colorado sucks right now as well.

Oh wait, you asked for a hockey expert?  Sorry, not me then.

Can any real hockey experts tell me if Jarome Iginla will ever be good again or is he pretty much a piece of trash for the rest of his career now?

Probably not going to be too bad for the next couple years, but it's well documented that when power forwards age they nose dive. Tough toll on their bodies.

This was refreshing to see.

So I will recap. Prout comes in and throws a hit on a Bruin, Lucic lost his stick when Prout threw the hit. Lucic doesn't like that and decides to throw two flying fists at Prouts neck area. Prout turns around and drops em with Lucic who gets one punched. Lucie gets up mad (like a baby) and while still clutching Dalton Prouts sweater, swipes a left at Prout's face. Then throws his gloves like a child in attempt to hit Lucic. Sounds like a bitch Jimmy, tell em what he's won!

So I will recap. Prout comes in and throws a hit on a Bruin, Lucic lost his stick when Prout threw the hit. Lucic doesn't like that and decides to throw two flying fists at Prouts neck area. Prout turns around and drops em with Lucic who gets one punched. Lucie gets up mad (like a baby) and while still clutching Dalton Prouts sweater, swipes a left at Prout's face. Then throws his gloves like a child in attempt to hit Lucic. Sounds like a bitch Jimmy, tell em what he's won!

I was a huge Lucic fan when he was with the Giants and his first season with the Bruins. He's just too much of a baby. I was happy to see someone knock him down a peg or two.