2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

• Admin

When should I inform Romanes that I left for the NHL?

Two games a day or three, does it matter? It may be tough if there's a triple sim in the midst of a back-to-back in the NHL but I'm sure you'll cope.

Think NHL runs on v2 so you can put points into durability and endurance.

Oilers don't need McDavid, they need Ekblad.

I've been watching a lot of Panthers games lately since I am pouty about the Oilers, and Ekblad reminds me a lot of Lidstrom.  Not saying he'll be as good, since Lidstrom is one of the two best defensemen of all time, but he has that way of commanding the ice and knowing where to be all of the time, while looking like he's totally relaxed and playing shinny hockey with some friends.

Unreal talent.  The Oilers would be a radically different team with him instead of a dork like Yakupov.

Man, that Leafs/Canucks game....

Miller couldn't do much in the beginning and the Leafs take a big lead. Canucks outshoot them by a mile but can't get past Bernier as well as 2 posts on the PP halfway through the 3rd that would have brought them within 1.

• Admin

The Latvians have enough pull to effect the nhl all-star game.

We're all gonna' die.

this is shameful, there's only about 2.5 million of us in the world!

You just wait til a Chinese player is drafted in the first round.

Pretty bad reffing tonight in Ottawa against the Canucks, but that's just an add-on to the tail end of a back-to-back game on a road trip.

Also the Sedins were over-passing all night. Daniel could have shot it in OT with an odd-man rush but decides to pass it to Tanev who doesn't have much of a chance.

Then right before OT Vrbata had a puck he put in the net on a play where the whistle was blown very early. That should have been the goal to win it. Anderson didn't have the puck at all but the play was blown down.

Oh, well. It's not going to get easier though with the next 3 games being Montreal, Rangers and Dallas.

Sens were offside on the GWG as well. https://twitter.com/ZoSoNuck/status/541788584395546624

NVM it was onside. But I've seen it called both ways.

a player ... controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered off-side
Edited by Sandro

If you even try to argue that the goal Vrbata had waived off shouldn't have counted, I'm going to lose a lot of respect for you.

Anderson had clearly covered it. The puck you saw on the ice was obviously a duplicate somebody put there.