2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

That promo always makes me laugh.

If a Canuck scores 5 goals tonight you can win $1,000,000!!

because that's ever happened....

Thats not even how they word it: If a Canuck scores 5 goals tonight you have a chance at $1,000,000

Talk about bad marketing. People are just thinking Safeway is being cheap, or they don't know how hockey works.

Thats not even how they word it: If a Canuck scores 5 goals tonight you have a chance at $1,000,000

Talk about bad marketing. People are just thinking Safeway is being cheap, or they don't know how hockey works.

Damn, I didn't think anyone would correct me on that quote, lol.

A player getting 5 goals in a game is already tremendously rare in the NHL, never mind the Canucks.

Damn, I didn't think anyone would correct me on that quote, lol.

A player getting 5 goals in a game is already tremendously rare in the NHL, never mind the Canucks.

When was the last time a Canuck scored 4 goals?

Hate to bring this up but...

Leafs, 8-1-1 in last 10, 4 points out of first in the east and Mike Santorelli is tearing it up for me in my keeper league.

Life is good.

Then beat LA even when the refs spotted the Kings a goal. Now here comes the collapse...

On one hand I'll be glad that the league is rid of him after what he's done, but on the other I'm experiencing a little schadenfreude at how this nerfs the Kings. I'm a terrible person.

Have there been suspensions for spears?

The IIHF suspended someone for it (Girgensons), but the NHL rarely does.  They usually just dish out a fine.  Not sure why.  Matt Cooke was suspended once (very early in his career) for spearing though, so it does happen.