2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

I was at the very first Habs/Oilers Heritage Classic event.  I high fived Gretzky and Messier.  I FROZE out there in the stands, and it was a truly magical night that I will never forget.

The NHL has gone way overboard on these events for sure, but that first Heritage Classic was everything you can imagine an outdoor event, with some of the league's all time greats, should be.

I was at the very first Habs/Oilers Heritage Classic event.  I high fived Gretzky and Messier.  I FROZE out there in the stands, and it was a truly magical night that I will never forget.

The NHL has gone way overboard on these events for sure, but that first Heritage Classic was everything you can imagine an outdoor event, with some of the league's all time greats, should be.

The NHL went way overboard cause the players love these games and told the league to keep em coming. Huge moment for people like you at the game too. I mean did you see the look on the players and their kids faces while they are skating around the rink at the family skate the day before. 

Devils struggles are seeming to somewhat continue. They have looked better under the new coach though getting more chances having watched the games.

Just hard to generate goals with an old roster, that isn't even "our" roster. It's bits and pieces from everywhere (mostly SJ) that don't know how to play together even with their experience. Although Cammy and Ryder seem to do alright. Time for a youth movement and to properly build around Schneids and Kincaid going forward.

Just hard to generate goals with an old roster, that isn't even "our" roster. It's bits and pieces from everywhere (mostly SJ) that don't know how to play together even with their experience. Although Cammy and Ryder seem to do alright. Time for a youth movement and to properly build around Schneids and Kincaid going forward.

It's just too bad. The team looked great at the start of the year with all the youth doing their thing, especially the defense. Severson, Merrill, Gelinas, etc were on fire. Hopefully Larsson can step into his game like they didn't seem to trust him to under DeBoer.

I really want to see the prospects be able to step in and generate. Guys like Matteau, Boucher, Josefson, etc. Josefson has always been on the team but the older dudes get a lot of minutes on that roster.

I was somewhat disappointed when they brought in a guy like Havlat. Guys aging and not doing much so it's probably better to just play the youth over him.

I don't mind Jagr though. Jagr will always be Jagr it seems. Cammalleri is a guy I like as well, seems to be one of the few scoring threats on the Devils night in and out. Clowe is overpaid and hasn't done what he did when he was in his last year on San Jose. Ryder I don't really mind either but he's really streaky. Elias I can't hate. Guy should stick with the team and retire a Devil.

It's just too bad. The team looked great at the start of the year with all the youth doing their thing, especially the defense. Severson, Merrill, Gelinas, etc were on fire. Hopefully Larsson can step into his game like they didn't seem to trust him to under DeBoer.

I really want to see the prospects be able to step in and generate. Guys like Matteau, Boucher, Josefson, etc. Josefson has always been on the team but the older dudes get a lot of minutes on that roster.

I was somewhat disappointed when they brought in a guy like Havlat. Guys aging and not doing much so it's probably better to just play the youth over him.

I don't mind Jagr though. Jagr will always be Jagr it seems. Cammalleri is a guy I like as well, seems to be one of the few scoring threats on the Devils night in and out. Clowe is overpaid and hasn't done what he did when he was in his last year on San Jose. Ryder I don't really mind either but he's really streaky. Elias I can't hate. Guy should stick with the team and retire a Devil.

Well Matteau was just sent back to Albany but the other guys deserve a shot to gain experience. Yeah I wasn't happy about the Havlat signing because he was invisible even when SJ gave him good line mates. He is a 20 point player now.

Jagr is a different story, he knows where to be and ends up carrying the team on certain nights. Close is overpaid, thats how we sum him up. Elias is a Devils legend and imo should have his # retired when he retires.

Well Matteau was just sent back to Albany but the other guys deserve a shot to gain experience. Yeah I wasn't happy about the Havlat signing because he was invisible even when SJ gave him good line mates. He is a 20 point player now.

Jagr is a different story, he knows where to be and ends up carrying the team on certain nights. Close is overpaid, thats how we sum him up. Elias is a Devils legend and imo should have his # retired when he retires.

The Clowe contract is somewhat comparable to Clarkson's contract with Toronto.

Both had a career year that was probably inflated and went on to sign stupid contracts.

These last 5 years have been so sad as a Devils fan though. Parise, Kovalchuk, Clarkson gone. I still have a Devils Parise poster on my wall.

The Clowe contract is somewhat comparable to Clarkson's contract with Toronto.

Both had a career year that was probably inflated and went on to sign stupid contracts.

These last 5 years have been so sad as a Devils fan though. Parise, Kovalchuk, Clarkson gone. I still have a Devils Parise poster on my wall.

Yeah those three leaving hurt us. I also think a Volchenkov (when he was solid) was a big loss defensively because he always knew where to be. Obviously he was bought out but when he was good, he was one of the best shot blockers. We need a game changing winger to compliment our young crop, that is the biggest need. I don't have posters on the wall but I used to worship the ground Scotty Neeeeeeeds walked on, such a nice guy and a very slick player. I wish there was more like him.

Yeah those three leaving hurt us. I also think a Volchenkov (when he was solid) was a big loss defensively because he always knew where to be. Obviously he was bought out but when he was good, he was one of the best shot blockers. We need a game changing winger to compliment our young crop, that is the biggest need. I don't have posters on the wall but I used to worship the ground Scotty Neeeeeeeds walked on, such a nice guy and a very slick player. I wish there was more like him.

Ain't nobody like Scott Neidermeyer. It's crazy to me how many great players come from here in BC.

I figured I'd look it up because I got interested just now....

Jamie Benn - Ryan Johansen - Troy Brouwer

Andrew Ladd -Ryan Nugent-Hopkins -  Milan Lucic

Evander Kane - Sam Reinhart  - Brett Connolly

Brandon McMillan - Shawn Horcoff - Mike Santorelli

Max Reinhart - Mark Olver - Aaron Volpatti

Dan Hamhuis - Shea Weber

Brent Seabrook - Tyson Barrie

Justin Schultz - Matt Irwin

Jason Garrison - Willie Mitchell

Cody Franson - Jordie Benn

Patrick Wiercioch - Brendan Dillon

Kyle Cumiskey - Eric Brewer

Stefan Elliott - Clayton Stoner

Scott Hannan

Carey Price

Jason LaBarbera

^^ That's just players in today's NHL, never mind the past.