2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Ahah!! Thats so funny u leafs fan

I disowned the Leafs and that organization 2 years ago. Until they sort their shit out and get a coherent action plan on building a winning team, I have not been and will not bother with that joke of a team.

I disowned the Leafs and that organization 2 years ago. Until they sort their shit out and get a coherent action plan on building a winning team, I have not been and will not bother with that joke of a team.

Cheer for da flames n ill give u a reason to liwe

Ps dorsett 2.6/sbisa 3.6 LOL to sbisa

Sbisa is easily a 3.6 in today's overpriced NHL. Dorsett I can't say I like the price but he's been a force on the ice every shift and actually stands up for his teammates with every chance he gets. He's a playoff type of player.

Also, it's too bad about Columbus. They're going to be 10-0-1 in their last 11 after being Toronto today(it's 4-0 now)....I wish this ridiculous streak of success would have put them in the playoffs. Too bad they were already too far gone.

Ahh how much are they getting payed? I looked on canucks.com and on the canucks app. I am assuming Sbisa is around 3-4m and Dorsett around 2m? 

I like that Sbisa is locked up but Dorsett for 4 years? Thats a little too much, 2-3 years for a solid depth guy is better imo. But Dorsett is definitely worth all the cash cause of what he brings to the Canucks bottom 6.

Ahh how much are they getting payed? I looked on canucks.com and on the canucks app. I am assuming Sbisa is around 3-4m and Dorsett around 2m? 

I like that Sbisa is locked up but Dorsett for 4 years? Thats a little too much, 2-3 years for a solid depth guy is better imo. But Dorsett is definitely worth all the cash cause of what he brings to the Canucks bottom 6.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Derek Dorsett has a new four-year deal with VAN. AAV is $2.65M.

@News1130Sports: .@sportsnetmurph reports Luca Sbisa's new deal is worth 3.6-million a season

@News1130Sports: RT @sportsnetmurph Sbisa does not have trade protection. #canucks

Sbisa one is good considering he could probably get at least $4M in FA. Plus Benning didn't go the Gillis route and give him a NTC.

Dorsett at $2.65M is a little iffy for me but he brings a good game to the table. From how inflated FA is nowadays I guess it's not a bad deal. Seeing guys like Clarkson or Bolland get what they do, it's not out of question for Dorsett to get 2.65.

Sometimes you got to shell out the $$$ when you make the playoffs. Sbisa is obviously doing something right.

... Right?

Just being the second most permissive defenseman in the whole NHL!

Wait that isn't a good thing...

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Derek Dorsett has a new four-year deal with VAN. AAV is $2.65M.

@News1130Sports: .@sportsnetmurph reports Luca Sbisa's new deal is worth 3.6-million a season

@News1130Sports: RT @sportsnetmurph Sbisa does not have trade protection. #canucks

Sbisa one is good considering he could probably get at least $4M in FA. Plus Benning didn't go the Gillis route and give him a NTC.

Dorsett at $2.65M is a little iffy for me but he brings a good game to the table. From how inflated FA is nowadays I guess it's not a bad deal. Seeing guys like Clarkson or Bolland get what they do, it's not out of question for Dorsett to get 2.65.

Sbisa at 3.6 million for three years is a fucking catastrophe. The guy gets top 4 salary, top 4 ice time, and he's barely a bottom pairing defenseman. He was overpaid at 2.9 million and now it's even worse. There are younger, cheaper, and better options in Clendening, Stanton, and Corrado waiting in the wings as well.

Dorsett is slightly more palatable because he is someone you want to keep around, but definitely not at 2.65 million a year. He's earning more than Hansen, Higgins, and Bonino! And it doesn't change that he's an absolute black hole in possession; the worst player on the team in shot attempt differential by a large margin.

This sucks up cap space, steals roster spots from younger players, and will cost one -- if not both -- of Richardson and Matthias. Y'know, the ace penalty killer and high-end bottom-six scorer.

Edited by Sandro

Oh boy Dorsett is getting slightly overpaid but yes on the market he would probably get 3m+ and the Sbisa deal is alright. But the Canucks d core is most definitely rock solid and most of them are locked up to good contracts.

Oh boy Dorsett is getting slightly overpaid but yes on the market he would probably get 3m+ and the Sbisa deal is alright. But the Canucks d core is most definitely rock solid and most of them are locked up to good contracts.

No. No he wouldn't. Dorsett's comparables get paid $1.1M. $2M should be the absolute maximum. Y'know who will get $3M+ on the open market? Shawn Matthias, that's who. Hamhuis and Bieksa are showing their age, Sbisa is one of the worst defensemen in the entire league. So you're left with Edler, Tanev, and Weber. I wouldn't call it rock solid at all.

Richardson and Matthias are UFA's this summer. Kenins, Baertschi, Weber, Stanton, Clendening, and Corrado are RFAs in need of new deals as well. Next off-season Kassian, Vrbata, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Lack are up for new deals. Anyone who wants to keep defending these signings (or Miller's albatross contract too for that matter), have fun next summer when the Canucks can't afford to re-sign... maybe Radim Vrbata? Benning has to move Miller, or move one of Higgins/Hansen and one of Hamhuis/Bieksa to compensate for the deals he signed today. 

Seeing some of these signings like Tanev and Sbisa (I know Tanev is your best D, but he has no O game) makes me really happy with what we signed TJ Brodie for :3 

Many of Tanev's underlying numbers are comparable to Brodie's. He can get you 20-25 points and he makes his defense partner better. He's not overpaid at all.

Vrbata at 5 per is fantastic as well.

Sbisa, Dorsett, and Miller on the other hand? Hard to believe the same guy negotiated all five deals.

Edited by Sandro

A serious munk post :o

ty to eaglesfan for ritin dat powst fo me!! 

I agree Sandy, he's not overpaid. Contract money has gone up anyways, 4.5 mill is nothing now. I'm just saying Brodie has more offensive upside and with all that considered he is quite a good bargain - better than Tanev (pls les not fite ily). 

ty to eaglesfan for ritin dat powst fo me!! 

I agree Sandy, he's not overpaid. Contract money has gone up anyways, 4.5 mill is nothing now. I'm just saying Brodie has more offensive upside and with all that considered he is quite a good bargain - better than Tanev (pls les not fite ily). 

Nah, Brodie's a steal at $4.5M for sure. They are different players though, $4.5M is a great deal on Tanev. I was expecting $5-5.5M.