2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

so apparently canucks are close to resigning Sutter to a 5 years deal with an average of 4.4 million.... what the actualy fuck Jim Benning 

I would like him closer to 4 but honestly if he can be our number 2 center men for that kind of money that is very very solid.

I would like him closer to 4 but honestly if he can be our number 2 center men for that kind of money that is very very solid.

i would like that too, but probably by mid november Bo Horvat will probably take over as the 2nd line center and Sutter will most likely be a very overpaid 3rd liner

i would like that too, but probably by mid november Bo Horvat will probably take over as the 2nd line center and Sutter will most likely be a very overpaid 3rd liner

Hmm that could happen but I am assuming the Canucks are gonna have a 2a and a 2b lineup with no third line next season. and probably until the sedins are gone.

8.25 millions is a lot for a player who has been good for his career but did exceptionally well in a contract year. I have a feeling the flyers will regret this deal. 

He's 10th in PPG the past 3 years. His "one good season" has been pretty long. 189 points in his last 212 games.

He's 10th in PPG the past 3 years. His "one good season" has been pretty long. 189 points in his last 212 games.

Since he career started hes put up 38, 50, 46, 49, 46 (lockout), 62 and 81. it argued that hes had 2 great seasons. I'm not way saying that he is a bad player, but 8.25 is a lot of cap. 

• 1 month later...

I'm at a point with the Canucks where I just expect stupid things.

Like inviting a guy that got 9 points and 188 PIMs to training camp instead of one of the actual hockey players still looking for a contract. Or the fact that Luca Sbisa got more money and term than Cody Franson. Or... pretty much everything that's happened this summer.

Oh, and reports out of closed practices indicate Markstrom still has the same issues he did last season.

Fun times.

It depends, I think the canucks are in a phase where they want to produce NHL players from their system. I don't know about that goon, don't know if he is local or something, but I'm sure they are trying to get better...I guess

It depends, I think the canucks are in a phase where they want to produce NHL players from their system. I don't know about that goon, don't know if he is local or something, but I'm sure they are trying to get better...I guess

Yet they are adding veteran players that push younger players out of the lineup. Benning has contradicted what he says with most of his moves this off-season. I'm sure they are trying to get better, I just happen to think that he doesn't know what the hell he's doing and is making bad moves as a result.

not because you invite someone to the camp that they will take their place. Marc Bergevin's mentality is that a young player needs to force the coach and a GM to make his place, not taking it for granted. If the Canucks are doing so, I can only agree with them. Now its about their judgement.

not because you invite someone to the camp that they will take their place. Marc Bergevin's mentality is that a young player needs to force the coach and a GM to make his place, not taking it for granted. If the Canucks are doing so, I can only agree with them. Now its about their judgement.

Prust pushed Kenins out of the lineup, who had more than earned a spot IMO. Throw in Miller over Lack, throwing in Clendening + 2nd for no reason on the Sutter deal, etc. These are moves that contradict the mantra of getting younger and building through the draft we keep getting shoved down our throats.

The invite doesn't hurt anyone, it just seems like a pointless move when there are better players still looking for contracts. Why not invite someone like Sean Bergenheim? Hell, Manny Malhotra is skating with the players right now. Chances are he isn't going to make the team, but he more that fills that "intangibles" quota that Benning obsesses over.

Edited by Sandro

Malhotra is pretty bad in the new NHL. I mean, yes, a very good veteran, but offensively, he brings nothing. That's why someone like del a rose /mitchell pushed him from the line up. And prust is pretty garbage (as a Habs fan) but don't know how he will do in the west.