2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

We only gave a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder for Petry? Holy shit! The market is ridiculous right now, especially for a defenseman, but that's really nothing.

Love the Coburn trade for Philly and he should do well in Tampa. Good move for both teams.

Agreed. I was a huge fan of Coburn during his time here. He often got way too much shit for his play, but the last couple of seasons he was playing the types of minutes that he shouldn't have been playing. He's not a number 1, but he is an awesome complementary piece to a 1st or 2nd pairing. I don't know what the d looks like in Tampa, but I think a pairing of Hedman-Coburn would be great.

How to be a Twitter "Hockey Insider"

1.Write about the obvious need of a team. (ex: DET in need of a defensemen, BUF selling, Petry on the move)

2. Talk A LOT about hockey big market (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Philly)

3. Say that your information comes from "multiple sources"

4. Write TONS of rumors. So if you right at least once a year, you can be considered as "an insider"

5. ????

6. Profit

Edited by boubabi

Projected Habs Lineup

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Parenteau

Eller - De la Rose - Smith-Pelley

Prust - Mitchell - Weise

Spare : Flynn/Malhotra

Markov - Subban

Gonchar - Petry

Beaulieu - Gilbert

Spare : Emelin/Weaver

Price 

Tokarski

A solid lineup imo

Olli Jokinen's reaction after being trade to STL

d91.gif

Edited by boubabi

Baer for a second in a deep draft. Not a huge fan because its van and if it comes back to bite us it will hurt.

Otherwise he fell out of favor hard. He's still a solid prospect do congrats Nucks.

Baer for a second in a deep draft. Not a huge fan because its van and if it comes back to bite us it will hurt.

Otherwise he fell out of favor hard. He's still a solid prospect do congrats Nucks.

Benning feels the 2016 draft has the potential to be deeper. But I won't be surprised if a guy like Higgins is moved out prior to the draft to get some picks back.

Kendrick with he call in Stewart

Yeah a 2nd round pick is somewhat of the going rate it seems now. I found that some of the rental prices this year were horrible. Guys who would have got you a 5th round pick 5 years ago are being traded for 2nds now.

He's still a point per game guy in the AHL, the Comets are looking to go deep. He'll provide some more offense down there.

Not to mention he was traded for another AHL lifer. So yes some can laugh, but they'd be laughing at their lack of knowledge.

Jeffrey had a PPG in the AHL too. And I don't see Conacher on any bottom 6. Anyway, not arguing the move, I rather have Conacher than Jeffrey, but don't put too much hype on him tho. Not that anyone had, I'm just saying :P

Edited by boubabi

Jeffrey had a PPG in the AHL too. And I don't see Conacher on any bottom 6. Anyway, not arguing the move, I rather have Conacher than Jeffrey, but don't put too much hype on him tho. Not that anyone had, I'm just saying :P

No one was putting hype on him like you said haha. I think everyone knows what to expect from Conacher at this point. Swapping AHL players is all that move was.

Wooh yeah Barschi was a solid pick up, same with Conacher. Small but great moves for depth/the future.

I don't put Baerschi and Conacher on the same level.

Edited by boubabi

Yeah a 2nd round pick is somewhat of the going rate it seems now. I found that some of the rental prices this year were horrible. Guys who would have got you a 5th round pick 5 years ago are being traded for 2nds now.

Considering what they wanted. They got nothing