2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Things are way too exciting right now.. Off-season hasn't even begun.

MLSE has a flight scheduled for Detroit (Babcock to T.O).. Ugh..

Lots (2 right now) of FAs overseas getting signed.

Plekanec is apparently close to being dealt.. Habs looking at Anisimov and Rychel (CBS)

Lots of coaches/GMs changes..

I'm not saying that Plekanec has been traded for Rychel and Anisimov. I just said that Plekanec is supposedly close to being dealt... and that Habs have shown interest in Anisimov and Rychel.

That's why I'm guessing Emelin vs Rychel, I don't like Eller, but I would never do a 1v1 with Anisimov.

Reporter: "What is your net worth now that Babcock signed the contract he did in Toronto?"

Joel: "I'll let you guys talk about that. I'm happy for him."

What a stupid question. Who cares, do you really think he would answer something like that? Has he in the past? Trying to sucker him in. Only egotistical maniacs would answer that (i.e. LeBron, Dez Bryant...)

With Babs on our side now - the real rebuilding can start - and soon enough...

ari-gold-paintballgun.gif

Just have to find some game breakers up front to go along with inconsistent Phil and JVR. Reilly is the real deal but that team has to become scary before they do anything. Goaltending could help too.

Just have to find some game breakers up front to go along with inconsistent Phil and JVR. Reilly is the real deal but that team has to become scary before they do anything. Goaltending could help too.

JVR? They keep. Kessel? Doubt it. He gets sent along with Dion imo and they go younger. Teams will give up top flight prospects.

Even as a Caps fan I'd gladly give up a young stud player like Burakovsky + to make a deal work for Kessel. Babs knows he has to work with young players to really change the culture, and I don't think many of that old core sticks around. Maybe Kadri? But with his attitude issues last season I doubt that. JVR is really the only forward up front I see them keeping just because of his potential/age. Either way, as a hockey fan I'm excited to see what happens with the Leafs here. 

JVR? They keep. Kessel? Doubt it. He gets sent along with Dion imo and they go younger. Teams will give up top flight prospects.

Even as a Caps fan I'd gladly give up a young stud player like Burakovsky + to make a deal work for Kessel. Babs knows he has to work with young players to really change the culture, and I don't think many of that old core sticks around. Maybe Kadri? But with his attitude issues last season I doubt that. JVR is really the only forward up front I see them keeping just because of his potential/age. Either way, as a hockey fan I'm excited to see what happens with the Leafs here. 

So you think 13.4 Million will be dealt together for younger guys/picks who may not even have an NHL cap hit next season?

So you think 13.4 Million will be dealt together for younger guys/picks who may not even have an NHL cap hit next season?

They will deal them for younger guys/prospects who are NHL ready/have played NHL games. Second, tons of teams have veteran contracts they want to get rid of. Be pretty easy to nab one of those players along with the prospects/younger guys/picks coming the other way to hit the cap floor. So yes, I do think they strike now and get the value for players like Dion and Kessel. It would be stupid not too anyway imo. Phaneuf almost went to Detroit at the deadline, a deal sending him there this off season to me seems likely. A lot of teams will bite on Kessel. Teams poised and in a position where one big name like that could try to push them over the edge. Teams like St. Louis, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Washington, just to name a few. There is a large group of either teams that made the playoffs and lacked a bit of scoring punch or needing a top end RW to play with good players already that'll pay for Kessel. 

Not to mention a lot of the rumors have said that teams close to the floor/under it would gladly be willing to accept cap dumps to make deals happen. Toronto will be one of those teams. 

Not to mention a lot of the rumors have said that teams close to the floor/under it would gladly be willing to accept cap dumps to make deals happen. Toronto will be one of those teams. 

Yes but then the problem you find is that many of those teams would have to give up picks/young players who don't fit the right mould age wise for Toronto. Also factor in that in order to acquire Kessel the young guys you'll have tossup off are young but have to have their feet wet in the NHL and have tons of value going forward. Example, Kessel goes to Dallas. Dallas would have to give up something like Nichushkin and Klingberg and I don't see that happening.

Yes but then the problem you find is that many of those teams would have to give up picks/young players who don't fit the right mould age wise for Toronto. Also factor in that in order to acquire Kessel the young guys you'll have tossup off are young but have to have their feet wet in the NHL and have tons of value going forward. Example, Kessel goes to Dallas. Dallas would have to give up something like Nichushkin and Klingberg and I don't see that happening.

Eh there is too many teams in need of that type of scoring. We know that Toronto is going to have him on the block, all you need from there is a team willing to pay. Something that due to the sheer volume of teams interested I think will happen.