Calgary Inks Stark

TurnDaddy

Throughout the season, defenseman Tony Stark was rumored to be testing the free agency market at the conclusion of the season. That's not going to happen anymore as he and Calgary came to terms on a new deal this evening that will keep Stark in Calgary for 3 more seasons. 

The aging journeyman will be entering his 5th full season in the VHL and only has 3 years of eligibility left after Season 40. The deal is for 3 years and worth $9 million, a fair deal for both sides.

"Hitting free agency was something that was on my mind. I wanted to know what my worth on the open market, something every player wants to do, but the closer the end of the season loomed, the more I wanted to strike something with Calgary. I'm glad we got this done."

Stark has not talked much about how he plans to finish out his career as far as what season he plans on retiring, so Calgary is taking a slight risk with this signing. He could retire at the conclusion of season 40, or any season between now and the conclusion of this new contract. Another question surrounding this deal is a pretty big one...With automatic depreciation coming up for Stark, will he actually earn enough practice hours to be able to overcome that? Calgary thinks so, otherwise why would they sign him? 

clay-matthews-extension-04172013.jpg

I like how people still bring up our inactive QB. lolnoknowledge

I like how one day you told me he was better than Rodgers. lolnoknowledge

Trifecta, at least they didn't sign no criminals from the niners.

I like how one day you told me he was better than Rodgers. lolnoknowledge

Trifecta, at least they didn't sign no criminals from the niners.

I said if we used him to his full potential, don't twist my words fuckboy.

So you still think Ponder (if used to his full potential) is better than Rodgers? Goodness. I won't twist your words at all, that sounds retarded any way you put it.

Call me when you guys have at least one trophy in your cupboard.

His full potential, aka sitting him until he learned the game fully and didn't rush his play. And what a surprise, Kendrick goes to the past for an arguement.

His full potential, aka sitting him until he learned the game fully and didn't rush his play. And what a surprise, Kendrick goes to the past for an arguement.

Well I could go for the present too but that shows more positives for the Packers as well. Cassel? 701 you spout your mouth about the vikings being better and all that and I commend you for being loyal to your team, but come on. At least frescoelmo has some success to talk about. Vikings fans can't really say much to hold weight in a NFL argument.

Well I could go for the present too but that shows more positives for the Packers as well. Cassel? 701 you spout your mouth about the vikings being better and all that and I commend you for being loyal to your team, but come on. At least frescoelmo has some success to talk about. Vikings fans can't really say much to hold weight in a NFL argument.

Present

Packers 0-1 (soon to be 0-2)

Vikings 1-1

Present

Packers 0-1 (soon to be 0-2)

Vikings 1-1

It's a young season, yeah thats what the standings look like now, don't go planning the parade though cause ti might end up on a houseboat.

• Head Moderator

So you still think Ponder (if used to his full potential) is better than Rodgers? Goodness. I won't twist your words at all, that sounds retarded any way you put it.Call me when you guys have at least one trophy in your cupboard.

Not interested in getting into this conversation, I find it interesting that every argument you engage in includes a very swift rebuttle about the packers winning more titles. I'll root for the niners/steelers now too ;)

Not interested in getting into this conversation, I find it interesting that every argument you engage in includes a very swift rebuttle about the packers winning more titles. I'll root for the niners/steelers now too ;)

Because thats what it comes down to at the end of the day, whether your team can make it to the big dance and take home the marbles. Regardless, we are all Jags fans right?

• Head Moderator

Because thats what it comes down to at the end of the day, whether your team can make it to the big dance and take home the marbles. Regardless, we are all Jags fans right?

That would be the ultimate achievement, agreed, however, surely not the only argument one can make...  There's a lot more to the league than that.

Not gonna lie, I wish they had beat the Eagles last week o.O